Just a thought

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 8 Post By BabyX
  • 2 Post By JulieM
  • 1 Post By tiffany&co.
  • 1 Post By Believingforonemore
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By BabyX
  • 2 Post By BabyX

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2013, 06:03 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
As I was driving into work today I realized how calm I felt. I haven't felt this kind of peace within myself for a really long time. I'm thinking about all that I have been through and put myself through in this last almost 2 years of TTC. It made me realize something. I think I have finally learned some real patience. It is what it is and I just have to roll with it. You know what that's really good training material for being a mommy again. There are so many moments that require so much patience in a little one's life. If nothing else this fight I've been fighting has taught me to just relax. You can't control everything. So my point is that maybe this journey has just been a blessing in disguise.

Has anyone else learned something new or special about themselves during this journey, or felt some sort of a major change in your life has taken place?

Sorry if I seem like a stranger to most of you on this board. I'm really not. I have been here for a long time, but I had to take a huge step back so I haven't really been participating on the boards. I was just hoping to get to know some of the new faces.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
July 19th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have learned to not sweat the small stuff and to make every moment with my daughter count. I'm not sure this is all ttc realizations because it has only been a few
Months or that our neighbor passed away this month after a long battle with Lou Gehrig disease. But either way I feel the same as you. I am at peace with whatever happens.
BabyX and BeautysAlive like this.

July 19th, 2013, 07:13 AM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome that you have found some peace. I feel like I have calmed down a bit as time has gone on, too. I have learned NOT TO GOOGLE! haha. I have also learned to be so thankful for the kids I already have, and thankful that I got them so easily. I took it for granted.
BabyX likes this.

July 19th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Pray, then pray some more
I too have learned some patience. I have also learned to trust God's voice and timing. When he speaks I write it down. It may not happen right away but I can hold no to his promises. I know his timing is perfect and mine is not. I have learned to trust him.
BabyX likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Rae

July 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieM View Post
I have learned to not sweat the small stuff and to make every moment with my daughter count. I'm not sure this is all ttc realizations because it has only been a few
Months or that our neighbor passed away this month after a long battle with Lou Gehrig disease. But either way I feel the same as you. I am at peace with whatever happens.
It is true the challenges we face are what mold us into the people we are today.

I'm sorry that you lost your neighbor. That must have been hard to see. As you said though it does give you perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany&co. View Post
That's awesome that you have found some peace. I feel like I have calmed down a bit as time has gone on, too. I have learned NOT TO GOOGLE! haha. I have also learned to be so thankful for the kids I already have, and thankful that I got them so easily. I took it for granted.

Haha! I agree Google is EVIL! Yes, it is something to be thankful for that we have been able to experience motherhood. We have to cherish what we do have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopingforonemore View Post
I too have learned some patience. I have also learned to trust God's voice and timing. When he speaks I write it down. It may not happen right away but I can hold no to his promises. I know his timing is perfect and mine is not. I have learned to trust him.
Well said.

July 19th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have learned to live each moment like its my last. I learned that for a few reasons, one being TTC taught me you can not control anything! I am a planner by nature, I have to have a plan in place for everything. I still do but now I don't get so upset when things don't work out. I will always have a plan in place for just in case but I don't depend on it. I allow my life to take the road it has to, because so far it has made me into a pretty awesome person if I do say so myself. I am caring, I love with all my heart, and I try to treat other in a way I would want others to treat my kids. I think that way because if I say treat others the way I want to be treated, you can treat me like dirt but if anyone was ever rude or mean to my kids (when I finally have some) I will freak out. You know? This road has made me more patient, more loving, and definitely taught me that each moment with my SO could be the last we spend like that. We could get pregnant anytime and then our whole lives will change. That's what I mean by live each moment like it's your last, because in TTC it could be the last there is like this.

Anyway basically I learned love stronger, laugh harder, be better, and in the words of the great Steven Tyler, "We believed that anything that was worth doing was worth overdoing".
BabyX likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
July 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
I have learned to live each moment like its my last. I learned that for a few reasons, one being TTC taught me you can not control anything! I am a planner by nature, I have to have a plan in place for everything. I still do but now I don't get so upset when things don't work out. I will always have a plan in place for just in case but I don't depend on it. I allow my life to take the road it has to, because so far it has made me into a pretty awesome person if I do say so myself. I am caring, I love with all my heart, and I try to treat other in a way I would want others to treat my kids. I think that way because if I say treat others the way I want to be treated, you can treat me like dirt but if anyone was ever rude or mean to my kids (when I finally have some) I will freak out. You know? This road has made me more patient, more loving, and definitely taught me that each moment with my SO could be the last we spend like that. We could get pregnant anytime and then our whole lives will change. That's what I mean by live each moment like it's your last, because in TTC it could be the last there is like this.

Anyway basically I learned love stronger, laugh harder, be better, and in the words of the great Steven Tyler, "We believed that anything that was worth doing was worth overdoing".
I like your way of thinking. I actually haven't really thought about it that way. We should cherish the moments we are having as we are experiencing them now because things will change. The now moments are just as beautiful as the ones we dream we will have some day.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

July 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyX View Post
I like your way of thinking. I actually haven't really thought about it that way. We should cherish the moments we are having as we are experiencing them now because things will change. The now moments are just as beautiful as the ones we dream we will have some day.
Yupp, that's it exactly.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
July 20th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieM View Post
July 26th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can definitely agree that if anything, I have learned to have patience. I can also understand and relate to that calm/peace you are talking about. Just wanted to say hello. Also let you know I am thinking about you and praying for ya. Really hoping and praying that you get your bfp soon!!!

July 26th, 2013, 05:29 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutenurse24 View Post
I can definitely agree that if anything, I have learned to have patience. I can also understand and relate to that calm/peace you are talking about. Just wanted to say hello. Also let you know I am thinking about you and praying for ya. Really hoping and praying that you get your bfp soon!!!
Hey! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm so happy that it finally happened for you. I wish you and your family so much joy and happiness.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search