Did I miss it? update post 20

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By *Jen*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2013, 04:38 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Or is my body just being a typical fail whale? My OPKs were getting darker and now they are gettng lighter again. On CD12 at night my OPK was getting close to the same as the control line. The dye seemed pretty crap on that one so both lines were fairly faint, I have had a couple like that in the batch but for the most part they have been ok. My OPK on the morning of CD13 was the darkest of the lot, very close to positive so I excitedly anticipated getting a positive that afternoon. I tested again at around 4pm and 9pm. Both were heaps lighter and now this morning it is lighter again. Do you think I missed my surge in between CD12 and 13 and had it sometime in the night? I have been trying to be good and not test with fmu so smu is usually somwehere around 9-10am so there is a good 12 hour gap at least most of the time. Maybe my body pretended it was going to O but didn't, I don't know. My cm has been rubbish the last few cycles even with EPO so that hasn't been much help and my cervix has been all over the place. I thought OPKs would be fun but apparently I am as good at getting a + on an OPK as I am at getting one on a HPT !!! Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of CD13 am but here are some pics of the last few days:
CD12 am

CD12 pm

CD13 pm

CD14 am

Last edited by bella88; July 22nd, 2013 at 02:01 AM.
July 20th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Regular
I'm not sure how long your cycles are... but you wouldn't miss your surge over night. When I surge, opks will stay positive for at least 24 hours.. is it possible you O later than cd14 are you positive your actually on cd 14? Sorry with the ?s

With my experience using opks..... don't use your fmu to test because over night your lh builds up and you'll get a darker test, use your afternoon pee between 12 and 3 as your "real" test result.
July 20th, 2013, 05:41 PM
My body is probably just being fail then, thanks for replying. Usually I O around CD13-14 but the last few cycles it has been around CD16 :/. It's just annoying that it nearly gets positive but then gets progressively lighter. Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame. Stupid soy didn't help much then I guess.

July 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This last cycle I got an almost positive one day cd 14. and then it went light for a few days and then very positive on cd 18. So it could still happen.

July 20th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Lol I am so out this cycle then. Le sigh, here I was hoping the soy would be helpful

July 20th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
When my OPK starts to darken I go to poas every 4-6 hours because I honestly have missed my surge before testing with 12 hours in between, it's different for every woman..... My surge doesn't last no longer than 12 hours.... So you could have surged and missed it on the OPK....
July 20th, 2013, 07:29 PM
*Jen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkFireFly View Post
My surge doesn't last no longer than 12 hours.... So you could have surged and missed it on the OPK....

I think you may have missed your surge.
Offshoremama78 likes this.

July 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I wish you were temping...
I think your body attempted to O and didn't yet BUT I also have a short surge so it could be that.
TTC#3 since Summer 2011
10 IUIs= one confirmed and lots of BFN
9/13/13 IVF#1 ( One 5AA blast)= BFN
11/18/13 FET (Two 5AA blasts)=
2/26/14 FET (Two 5BA blasts)= BFP!!!
Beta HCG 14 DPO: 181 / 17 DPO: 870 / 24 DPO: 16,051
3/24/14= We have a heartbeat and ONE sticky bean!
My blog

Check out Leah's cute newborn Hats and Baby Items!

July 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM
tiffany&co.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think there's a possibility you missed your surge, OR you will still get one. I usually ovulate earlier but didn't get my positive OPK until the evening of CD 18 this cycle! And just a tip - I LOVE using the digital OPK's because it takes all the guess work out.

July 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've heard that some women can miss the surge by waiting between tests; that doesn't mean you won't O! You could very well have surged over night on CD 13 and O'd properly on CD 14 or 15. Did you BD just in case?
July 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I am going to temp next week while DH is away. He hates the temping so I thought the OPKs might be a good compromise lol. Though it will be a little depressing to get a spike while he is away. Based on the last few cycles I have O'd on day 16 or 17, also known as when DH will have been gone for 2-3 days (of course ). We have been BDing plenty over the last few days so if I missed it we are more than covered. Granted, I am feeling more like my body was thinking about Oing and changed its mind.

July 20th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Aaaaaaaand here is the latest one, 4pm on CD14. Lighter again than this morning. Ah I dunno... I guess I will find out eventually lol.

July 20th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cd13 looks like a pos

15 feb last cycle- 24 days
11 march- 30 day cycle
New cycle 10 April nz time
July 20th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby22 View Post
cd13 looks like a pos
Sorry, I flipped the picture so they are all facing the same way

July 21st, 2013, 12:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I tend to surge pretty quickly too. Once I get a positive OPK, the next I ovulate. With all the BDing you did, I would think you covered your bases.

GL and hopefully you'll be seeing your BFP soon.

[/URL]Renee
July 21st, 2013, 06:12 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I surge really quickly, too. When they start to darken, but are still lighter than the control...I know it's about to happen. The next time I test, it will usually start lightening. I also confirm that with temping. I have never gotten a positive OPK because of my short surge.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
July 21st, 2013, 06:57 AM
Nerd
What about cm? How's that looking?

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
July 21st, 2013, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I understand your frustration with this. My OPKs are always all over the place and I even get positives sometimes, but never O! That's why I'm doing clomid this cycle--my body gears up a lot (I get EWCM and a positive OPK) but I still don't O!

I hope you get your blaring positive very soon!!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! fingers crossed!!
July 21st, 2013, 09:33 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
tho to get a bfp they both have to be dark the same colour as the other line or darker

what time are you testing? try after 11am

15 feb last cycle- 24 days
11 march- 30 day cycle
New cycle 10 April nz time
July 22nd, 2013, 01:59 AM
I was testing around 9am and 8pm with some tests around 3-4pm. Sometimes the tests were around 7am on work days. My CM has been about as helpful as the OPKs . All over the place and random bits of watery or a bit stretchy almost EWCM over the last week or so but mostly creamy or sticky cm and that's about it. CM has been crap for about the last 5 months at least, even with EPO. I do wonder if I have been fighting off thrush or something. BDing hasn't been painful but I have felt a bit irritated and such since Friday morning after getting a brazillian on thursday night. I don't think the irritation is from the waxing though. Lol it is really sad but I would be so ridiculously excited if I got the EWCM that I was getting in the first three months off the pill. That stuff was intense and amazing lol. Used to nearly drown in it around O time. Enough that I didn't even need to temp, I O'd the next day after that CM and I sure as heck couldn't miss it Now the bet pathetic attempt is this cloudy stuff that looks all like clear and cloudy white mixed and while it is stretchy it is not as good as it used to be.
Haha I was hoping the 100mg soy I took from days 3-7 would be like 50mg clomid . I feel a little ripped off actually!
I am temping in the week while DH is away and my temp this morning says to me that I haven't O'd yet. I think I may test once a day now until I confirm O maybe? I have wasted like 20 OPKs just this cycle with no + lol. Here is the latest OPK result from tonight. The line on my OPK is nearly gone now, there's a smidge of a line if I really look for it. I'm not too sure what to think but it would be good to know when to stop taking the EPO.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search