Not so quick update

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Orangebrittainy
  • 1 Post By jjustice12
  • 1 Post By JulieM
  • 1 Post By WaitinginNJ
  • 1 Post By AnnaBonana
  • 1 Post By PinkFireFly
  • 2 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 2 Post By hotpinkheels
  • 1 Post By Lucy S.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 24th, 2013, 01:50 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies . Just a quick update on me. CD18, still no sign of O. I took an OPK yesterday morning and it looked.like it was starting to get darker again but who knows. Sticky and creamy cm and no fertile cm to be seen and my cervix feels closed and firm most of the time. Temps are pre O temps and rather low still. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the idea that the month I take soy is the month I O the latest ever or maybe have my first annovulatory cycle. I got onto the hospital where my referral was sent in regards to seeing a gyno. At the moment my application is going though the public system which means wait list but no cost. I called to find out how long the wait time would probably be and they said that it is usually 3-9 months but with the category of patient I am it's more like 6-9 months at best. If nothing happens with me getting a bfp I will keep getting any testing that needs doing and take all my results to a private one. The initial appts range from $150-300 for a basic one with no testing so hopefully if I can get thiss 7 day progesterone one taken (if I ever O!) and try and convince DH to get a sperm check then I will see what they say. There shouldn't really be any other testing I need, I think at some point I have been tested for everything that I could imagine. Doctor reckons it is best to get DH and I checked before a private appt as much as possible because the tests through the private gyno cost a packet and can end up sending the appt cost closer to 4 figures. That's where I am everyone, sorry for my patchy appearances on the board this week!

July 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
bella88 likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 06:31 PM
jjustice12's Avatar Super Mommy
Love an prayers ur way
bella88 likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of hugs and prayers.
bella88 likes this.

July 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wishing you the best of luck! I am still trying, been swamped at work and football started for my boys...there goes my free time for the next 4 months! Hope you O soon! xo
bella88 likes this.

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
July 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
May I ask why you started taking soy this cycle?

Sometimes soy, Vitex, EPO any of those can screw with your cycle... Were you ovulating on your own to begin with?
July 24th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I was Oing but Oing nearly a week later than I usually do over the last few cycles and I am wondering if weak O is adding to the luteal phase issue. Been getting next to no fertile cm even with taking EPO now where I used to get loads of EWCM and watery cm even without it. Also don't really feel O now whereas I used to get definite O pains before. Taking b complex and giving soy a go to boost O and hopefully get my luteal phase back to a better length.

Luteal phase used to be 14 days, sometimes a little spotting before and it has shortened by a day each cycle.over the last few cycles so it is at the point now where last cycle was a 10 day luteal phase with two days of spotting.leading up to AF.

July 24th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Bella! I'm rooting for you and I really hope there are loads of cancellations so you can get in as soon as possible!
bella88 likes this.
July 24th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm....

I have noticed my cycles out of whack since I had return of AF two year after the birth of my DD. my cycles are 31 days with my LP was in the single digit 7-8... And I O a week later than I use too...

I started adding progesterone cream after O and so far my LP is to 10 days... I also have been taking a couple other supplements because I know I was deficient in Vitamin D per my blood work.

Have you considered usin green tea and increasing fluid intake prior to Oing to help with CM? Also VitC is said to help with CM. I'm just wondering if the soy or EPO wasn't the combo for, maybe look at trying to lengthen your LP???

This cycle I am doing RRL tea infusions prior to O to see if that helps with Oing sooner or helping to balance my hormones. There's so many things that 'can' help but it's finding the right combo that works for you...
bella88 likes this.
July 25th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I am pretty big on the green tea and I have upped the water content a lot. I carry a big water bottle with me everywhere now . Can't buy otc progesterone anything here in aus. I am going to get a progesterone check on 7dpo when I finally do O to check things. Maybe a doc can do something if it is shown to be the issue. I have used rrl tea in the part and it hasn't done too much but thats ok. The soy and b complex were something new. I dont know if they will help with luteal phase yet but it's safe to say they aren't much good for.me Oing so far ! At least DH is back so I can get back to BDing. At least O didnt decide to happen while he was away .

July 25th, 2013, 12:26 AM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmm. I hope you O soon.. Almost sounds like your body
Knew your dh was gone and was waiting.. lol
Now wouldn't that be nice.. will be sending lots
Of O thoughts your way, along with bfp dust and
A heaping cup of sticky!!!
bella88 and WaitinginNJ like this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
July 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Haha well I did have a little temp spike this.morning so I guess I will see if it keeps going up over the next few days. Might have gotten one or two attempts in this cycle if I did decide to O yesterday. Only a little bit more creamy cm and my cervix wasn't feeling particularly fertile though. That has happened to me before though once or twice. Who knows, not.me!

July 25th, 2013, 03:38 PM
hotpinkheels's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking- but still think about you lots, Bella! ((HUGS))
bella88 and WaitinginNJ like this.
July 25th, 2013, 10:06 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have TONS of cramping right now...so I am thinking this is O did not check CM or anything this cycle very much either lol...las I DTD was Monday night..so who knows. I think I got tired of tracking and doing stuff and getting false hope only to end up with no change lol. I did however read that soy iso does delay O...so good luck!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
July 26th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Lol I was hoping because O was already delayed it.might move it up some XD. Haha maybe you are Oing and we are getting.back to being cycle buddies again! I am so darn tired of tracking that I want to as well but I don't like the idea of not knowing when AF is coming. I chucked in temping for a few cycles and as soon as I did everything went pear shaped . Rotten body lol. Just started up again almost a week ago so maybe I can jinx myself into getting back on track.

July 26th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get a good strong O soon! I took soy this cycle but it was odd because after taking it I suddenly lost all baby fever and decided not to temp/use opks. Now of course I wish I would have!! No idea if/when I o'ed but I have read that SI can delay ovulation. I had EWCM very early on my cycle (perhaps CD11 or so) so maybe I o'ed then and was one of the people that o early on it?? Who knows. Haven't had any other fertile signs since then...I think I'm out this cycle. If I'm back on my normal 30 day cycles AF is due Monday...last cycle was a fluky 40 day cycle so who knows though.

July 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
I wish I could somehow fix this or help you Bella
I hope you either get knocked quick or help you need quick
bella88 likes this.
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks Lucy! I can't wait for it to be August for you!!!!!! Are you going in for surgery today? I'm thinking of you! I will probably just pay for one if nothing happens in the next cycle or two but I am going to get a progesterone draw in maybe 4 days if I get CH on ff tomorrow. That might give me a bit more insight . Also I will try and get DH into get a semen analysis done before we start paying the big $$ too. We can get it done for free through the normal pathology stuff at the doctors before then and take the results to the paid for gyno appointment or we can pay the gyno even more money again on top of what they already charge to get the same thing done that we could have done for free. I know what one I would choose!

July 26th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Lucy S.'s Avatar POAS addict
Yeah thats what i would do!!
Should make things much easier too.
Do you have any friends or do any research on an OBGYN that deals with fertility issues? That route can be less pricey than an RE but sometimes you get what you pay for :/
Due with #3
10 IUIs= one confirmed /IVF= BFN / FET= / FET2= Baby!
My blog

July 26th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Its the obgyn that costs that much, I am a bit scared to find out what an RE costs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search