HSG X-Ray??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By SKGirl
  • 1 Post By lovemylittlemiss
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By Faith=2xBlessed
  • 2 Post By round2t
  • 1 Post By SKGirl
  • 1 Post By *Jen*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Davis720's Avatar Super Mommy
Heard about this and found this info on dr. Google lol

Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) Test: Results, Reasons for Testing, and More

Am hoping to suggest this to my (so far) unhelpful obgyn and have it done! Please pass along any info you know about this so I can pick your brain!

I'll be 12 dpo in the am, and we dtd 3 good times in our fertile window but I know I'm not preggo so I don't even feel like testing I don't even have my hopes up. 15 cycles and a possible miscarriage last cycle and I'm just so ready to find out why this isn't working and what I can do to get that extra bundle of love in my arms! :-) anyway, that's the update on me!

July 26th, 2013, 08:29 PM
SKGirl's Avatar Regular
I had this done when I was TTC #2. After I had my first baby, I ended up with an infection in my stitches which required a week in the hospital on antibiotics. When my first was 3 months old, I started TTC #2 and after a year without success my doctor agreed to an HSG. The HSG didn't show any blockages but must have "cleaned out" my fallopian tubes because 3 months later I was pregnant.
Davis720 likes this.

Currently TTC#4
July 26th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Awesome! I'm hoping it'll open mine too! If they're blocked, that is!

July 27th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't have any experience with that but I'm hoping you get pregnant asap and don't need it done
Davis720 likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 07:12 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any personal experiences but around the boards here it seems like a lot of women fall pregnant shortly after one. Whether that is from coincidence or what, I dont know. But hey, either way you may get gone answers!
Davis720 likes this.

July 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Thanks lovemylittlemiss! But unfortunately I doubt I'm pregnant and af is due any day. If I'm not, they recommend doing this right after af ends. Since its been 15 cycles ill probably ask to do it next cycle and not put it off :-)

July 27th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't put it off either...I'm always worried in the back of my mind that I developed PID from childbirth and that could cause secondary infertility and I think that is something that could be picked up from this test. We haven't been trying long enough to seek medical help yet though.

July 28th, 2013, 05:04 AM

July 28th, 2013, 07:42 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was supposed to get this done, but my insurance sucks and I would have to pay for it up front. So...low and behold I did not do it. I do hear that some women have said it is painful, others said they were fine, however most women have gotten pregnant soon after having that test done. If you tell your doctor that you want to try clomid, this should be one of the tests they do prior. There are a few tests, one at CD3 one at 7DPO and this one.

Good luck!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart
July 28th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Thanks! I've already done 3 rounds of clomid though!

July 28th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
I had this done before I started clomid I had no blockage and everything looked great doc said I started clomid 5-9 and got my bfp at 8 dpo! I'm gonna tell you not to scare you but just so your aware it hurt me other ppl say that it didn't hurt them but for me it hurt!! But def worth getting done! Gl dear fxed for ya!!
Davis720 likes this.

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

July 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Yay how exciting!

July 28th, 2013, 08:36 PM
round2t's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had this done after 19 months of trying and 10 months (with only 2 breaks) of Clomid - it hurt like hell, but that was because my left tube was blocked.

I got it done and got my BFP 3 months later
Faith=2xBlessed and Davis720 like this.

July 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Yay congrats! Yes I def need to call the ob tomorrow!

July 29th, 2013, 07:02 PM
SKGirl's Avatar Regular
I would like to add that it definitely hurt and to bring pads with you. I bled more than I thought I would and needed the super absorbancy ones. But the bleeding stopped either the next day or day after that. I would get it done because I believe it is what brought me my BFP and beautiful son.
Davis720 likes this.

Currently TTC#4
July 29th, 2013, 07:09 PM
*Jen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis720 View Post
Yay congrats! Yes I def need to call the ob tomorrow!
I am intrigued by this now...please keep us posted.
Davis720 likes this.

Last edited by *Jen*; July 29th, 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I type too fast! :)
July 30th, 2013, 04:53 PM
So I called and asked the phone nurse about this today. Apparently my ob is out on vacation for the next 3 weeks. Of course she is! Lol but they are emailing her about the procedure. At this point if she doesn't ok it ill def be going somewhere else.

On the bright side, I can take clomid this cycle (took a break last cycle after 3 months on clomid because of possible miscarriage) whether I have the procedure done or not. Eeek! Twins can be a real possibility! :-)

Anyway, they emailed my ob and marked it urgent so hopefully she will reply soon. They said they would call her if she doesn't. And I need to call them in a couple days if I haven't heard back. I'm so excited to get this done! Phone nurse said its an outpatient procedure done in the hospital. I hope it's covered by my insurance. For you ladies who had it, did your insurance cover it? We have a form of bcbs.

So impatiently waiting as always! But hoping this is the key to unlocking the secret behind my ttc troubles!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search