LMP or ovulation......

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2013, 12:01 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Getting way ahead of my self here. But I've been thinking. My LMP started July 7. Which would give me a due date of April 13. But if I put in my Ovulation day as yesterday (possibly today even) my due date is April 19/20. Now I feel like this is a big deal since I will most likely have GD again and won't be allowed to go past my DD. Which would you go by?
July 29th, 2013, 12:08 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They usually go by LMP until a dating ultrasound which will be more accurate and will generally be about the same as the due date you would get when you but in your ovulation due date. A lot of women don't know their exact O date or think that we may get it wrong so they go with LMP until then in general from what I understand.

Like for me, my LMP due date would be 14 April but my due date based on O would be April 17

July 29th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would go by ovulation date. With my youngest daughter I ovulated super late so EDD according to LMP was Dec. 19th but EDD by ovulation was Jan 3rd. That's a huge difference! And like you said with GD, even a week will make a difference.

Rachel-29 DH-28 DD1-4 DD2-2
July 29th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
As long as you know your O date, I'd recommend going with that and telling your health care provider, since they base their estimation on a typical 28 day cycle with Oing on CD14.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
July 29th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would def go by O date. Many OB/GYN clinic will base it on LMP until dating ultrasound like Elissa said because many women have no idea when they conceived BUT us girls actively TTC it makes it a lot easier Good luck!

July 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
ladybugmomma's Avatar Trisha
Thank you! I think I will go by O. I'll have to be induced so a week really does make a difference.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search