My first ever gyno appt (x posted)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 6th, 2013, 05:06 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, as the title says, today was my first ever gyno appointment. I left work about 15 minutes early so that I made sure I got to the appointment in time with the traffic. Of course that meant that my appointment was 40 minutes late*. So I finally get in there and talk to the doctor and at this stage he seems pretty unconcerned. Happy that I am taking folic acid and that I don't smoke and only rarely drink. He thinks that nothing is particularly ringing alarm bells for him and thinks that it will happen without too much at this stage. I am there a little early as even though this is cycle 12 it has been only 10 calendar months. Got tests for LH, FSH, estradiol, karyotype and all that jazz. Going to get them done tomorrow. He is also testing ALT again, as well as DHEAS. Last bloodwork I had done my ALT levels were a little high and DHEAS was a bit low (I think? I can't quite remember now). I think at the same time my cortisol levels were a little low too. Dr Google makes it sound scary but for all I know it was just a dodgy day. None of the levels were scarily out of the ranges but still, always worth a follow up. I have also been given paperwork to get an HSG which will be interesting. I keep hearing around the boards about HSGs doing good things for ladies and pregnancy following fairly quickly. I also have three separate forms for progesterone draws. Every doctor I come across seems to be pretty set on the whole humans have this set 14 day luteal phase so my charts and OPKs must be wrong. I don't know. This doctor is no exception but he said it much more nicely than the others I guess. I figure worst case scenario is either one of us is proved wrong and good things come out of it. So based on my recent cycle lengths there are a few dates which are written down which could be decent stabs at when I would be around 7dpo. DH is also supposed to get a karyotype blood test and an SA. I am due to go back on September 3 to get all of the results back so I will be a busy bee getting this stuff done.

August 6th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Super Mommy
It sounds like you are getting a very thoroug check up! I hope all the tests come back perfect! Good luck and kup!

3/28/13- 6 weeks
August 6th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
It does sound like you had a really good appt. It sounds like they are trying to get down to the root of the problem. I have heard the same things about an HSG. Are you going to make an appt for that? I'm anxious to hear how your bloodwork comes out!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
August 6th, 2013, 05:55 AM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I'm going to make an appointment for the hsg as soon as the xray place wants me to do it. Apparently some places have certain days that they want it to be done. Hope the appointment will bring good things!

August 6th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Good luck with all of this, Bella! I hope you can get some answers quickly. And I'm pretty sure you're right about the luteal phase thing. I don't know why doctors aren't more with it.
August 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get some answers from this testing!

August 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Orangebrittainy's Avatar Queen of Randomocity
Thinking often of you. I hope they find some clue soon!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search