I'm new! Cycle questions after IUD...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Masesmama
  • 1 Post By 2014 Offshoremama78
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
Hi all!

I'm new here.. My first month TTC #2, hoping for a girl this time!

Anyway, just had my paragard removed little over a week ago. My cycles have been 23-27 days, last two were both 23 days and I can usually tell I O (cramps and loads of EWCM) around day 9. I'm on day 11 now and have some stretchy EWCM but not nearly the amount I usually see, no cramping.. I'm wondering if maybe my cycle will change after paragard removal, even though it is non-hormonal? My CP is med-high, soft and open, but CM isn't giving me clues. We have BD Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (CD ,5, 8, 9, 10) Of course I didn't want to wait to start trying because my superstitions lol.. Chinese gender chart says this month would result in girl

What do you think? Any experiences to share?
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
August 19th, 2013, 12:04 PM
2014 Offshoremama78's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think your signs look like you are leading up to O...
I would bd every other day to every day for the next week?
do you have any Opk you can start taking?
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart

Soy Iso Believer

Alexander Cameron Murphy
02/27/2014 - 02/27/2014
August 19th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
sounds like the start of O. Your cycle might change a bit from getting the IUD removed so it might have just pushed O back a little further. I get serious O pains too so I always know when I O. Just keep listening to your body and watch for the signs you know. And like tigg said using OPk's will help.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
August 19th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks! I am going out for OPK's after I pick up my niece from school today. If AF shows when she's due on the 3rd, I'll start temping and OPK regularly. Getting my IUD removed was a spur of the moment decision, so I wasn't quite prepared yet lol. I'm thinking O will end up being 2-3 days later than last 2 months, so probably happening on Wednesday or Thursday.. we'll see what OPK has to say about that!
August 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
I never had an iud but Didn't want to read and run sooo congrats on ttc and good luck!!!
August 19th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Thanks Mrs.MCH! I ran out today and bought a BBT, OPK's and HPT's. I did OPK around 4pm pacific time, totally stark white and obviously negative sooo I'm thinking it's not quite yet. I'm predicting Wednesday.. FF chart is showing O predicted 3 days, Tuesday, Wed, or Thurs and AF predicted 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I'll test again tomorrow and see what it says.
August 20th, 2013, 04:36 AM
~*Tina*~
i got my paraguard IUD removed june 14, ovulated a week later (right on schedule) and got my BFP 2 weeks later! unfortunately i lost that baby but i think the IUD removal should not have any effect at all. Good luck!!

7/12/13 @6w

August 20th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Thank you aStarIsBorn! I had a paragard removed once before and it royally messed with me lol. I had 21 days of bleeding, (before removal) my OB did a blood test to see if it was a miscarriage but no explanation for that. It stopped after removal and I ended up getting another placed and haven't had problems with it the second time around. So sorry for your loss as well!

This morning I checked CP was suuuuper high, but NO CM at all really.. def no EWCM so I'm going to OPK later on and see what's up. Of course I couldn't expect my cycle to stay the same as it has been for 4 years lol. Of course.
August 26th, 2013, 09:21 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to say I am in a similar position as you. I had my IUD removed last monday (Nova T it is also a copper IUD). AF was weird right after removal and I have been cramping. Hopefully our bodies are simply adjusting to having the IUD's taken out.

Good luck for a BFP!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks meld10! I had a totally normal AF and had IUD removed the last day of bleeding. From my chart it looks like I ovulated last Wednesday or maybe Thursday, I had positive OPK both days. I have heard copper IUD's are much easier to adjust back to your cycle and this one has been a little longer but no major changes otherwise. Good luck and baby dust to you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search