in your prev pregnancies, was there any clue, BEFORE a BFP, that something was up?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By LivyLove
  • 1 Post By aStarIsBorn
  • 1 Post By Masesmama
  • 1 Post By Nel
  • 1 Post By dmarie84
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 2 Post By Mrs.MCH
  • 1 Post By ladyluck87
  • 1 Post By Spyctre
  • 1 Post By SassyMama
  • 1 Post By ambitionsofabundance
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By Social Halfwit
  • 1 Post By SarahSmile
  • 1 Post By Dolly Lama

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2013, 07:54 AM
LucasMom11's Avatar Veteran
Ok, I swear I'm trying to put it all in the back of my head, but today, a staff member came to the office (I work in Human Resources) and came with her daughter, she's 2. So, she came right to me, showed me her smurf toy and all, and I got so emotional, I almost burst into tears...
And that reminded me, when I was pregnant with my son, and I didn't know it, I was actually coming from having the blood test done, with lots of doubts in my head, I walked by a house where a newborn baby was crying, and I felt exactly the same feeling, but that time I did burst into tears, since I was walking on the street, I didn't mind...here at the office I don't want people asking questions

Oh my....should I test again???

Anyway....please share your stories! I find them so heart-warming!

Have a nice day!
August 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
LivyLove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my son I knew. It was Valentines Day we were NTNPand usually pulled out. Well my ex didnt and I thought..I better check if I'm ovulating and sure enough the calculator said it was my O day. I didnt test early I waited tillI missed my period but I just knew. My body didnt tell me anything different I was just convinced and sure enough. BFP. Now everything screw withs me when I am in the 2WW! lol
LucasMom11 likes this.
TTC #3 since Oct 2012
*Thinking of my angel babies 10/13 & 1/14*
August 20th, 2013, 08:33 AM
~*Tina*~
my only clue was cramping about 4 days or so before AF was due. i knew that was not normal for me!
LucasMom11 likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

August 20th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
My pregnancy with DS was unexpected and came at a very bad time, (I was on BCP but wasn't good at taking them all the time lol) and my husband came home one day with a test and told me to pee on it because he had a dream I was pregnant. Lol I was laughing at him telling him how paranoid he was, but I got a very dark BFP! I had implantation spotting for 3 days around the time of my missed AF, but I took it as a sign AF was starting, and tested 3 days later when he had the dream! It was very awkward because I really thought it would be negative, we had a dinner party that night and I took the test in the middle of dinner... all my friends were there to find out. My husband immediately went to the store for 6 more tests. I left them all on his nightstand so he could see them in the morning lol.
LucasMom11 likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I started getting slight morning sickness but caulked it up to motion sickness or other reasons. I was also craving Cheezies like there was no tomorrow, Its all I wanted to eat.
LucasMom11 likes this.

August 20th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Veteran
We were NTNP and I wasn't tracking my cycles at all. It wasn't until I started feeling nauseous for a week before DH said I should test. I was actually in a meeting at work and got a text from him saying that I should right at the same time I thought about it. I got home and took the test and there was that dark BFP! I was probably about 6-7 weeks along. I'll never forget that weekend either because we were heading out of town to visit friends in WV and I barely left their couch all weekend. Our car also broke down 6 hours from home...fun times.
LucasMom11 likes this.

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

August 20th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've gotten headaches and cramping the week after DTD unprotected before getting my BFP. Oh, and bloating. I always tend to get extremely emotional right around the time the BFP shows up. With two of my pregnancies I've started laughing uncontrollably and then broken down into tears while in church. Hehe.
LucasMom11 likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
My skin got more oily...but didn't really breakout...it looked pretty...that luminous look most people try to do with makeup...I've just never had oily skin...if anything I'm normal to a tiny bit dry skinned...I'm the one who uses special primers to get the luminous look but there it was all on its own...its only happened when I was pregnant the few times I was...this last loss( cycle before last) I was riding in the passenger seat...caught a glimpse of my face in side mirror...I had on no makeup but there was that luminosity...I knew that second....tested early like 10dpo and had very faint positive
chrysalis1 and LucasMom11 like this.
August 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any symptoms. With my first I lost track of my cycles but my bfp was blaring so I am assuming I was a week late. No other symptoms though. With my second I found out at 10 dpo, but no symptoms.
LucasMom11 likes this.

Mama to my little men Brendan and PJ

Brendan Collin 11/03/08
Peyton James 07/11/11
August 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
With DD1 I was testing repeatedly, but BFN till 8 weeks along. At the time I felt like I had cancer. Always tired and nauseated.

With DD2 I awoke at 8 DPO to nausea. Did not test for 5 days, but I knew then. My test was so faint that when I took it, it took the whole time limit to show. Thought it was a BFN at first, and I was really mad because it would have meant I was sick for no reason.

With DD3 I had heartburn after I ate popcorn, and that was a day or so before my period should have come. That was it, but I did not think anything of it except perhaps my previous pregnancy screwed up my body. I started bleeding when I should have. It was very light, though. I only tested to prove to a friend that I wasn't pregnant.
LucasMom11 likes this.

Three on Earth and seven in Heaven.

http://arwenart.com
August 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
All I remember is my skin cleared up (the second time around) and I had major boobage tenderness/pain starting a few days before AF showed. The first time around I was expecting a BFP but the second time was a complete shock.
LucasMom11 likes this.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

August 20th, 2013, 03:40 PM
ambitionsofabundance's Avatar Veteran
With DD..I just knew. I had a migraine from hell for a few days before I got my bfp in the ER...with DS...I was having a hard time eating...everything made me feel really sick, which is not normal for me..I eat everything in sight...so I tested, and the test line came up almost as soon as I placed the drops on the test.

Still waiting on #3 to show up on a test...
LucasMom11 likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With all but my last PG I got SUPER tired before my missed period.
LucasMom11 likes this.
August 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Social Halfwit's Avatar the shade of it all
1st: I was super hungry. I was working at a call center, and when my shift started, I would line up two bags of something salty (chips or pretzels), two cup of noodles, and about five different types of candy. I would inhale as much as possible between calls and then do it again after my lunch break.

2nd (Bodhi): I didn't really have any symptoms, but after I got the BFP, morning sickness hit like a big fist.

3rd (Brigham): My boobs got bigger and sore, and something just felt off. Morning sickness pretty bad, not as bad as with Bodhi, and came on a little later.
LucasMom11 likes this.

Ry, happily engaged to Zach.
Mom to Bodhi, Brigham, and Elliott.

August 21st, 2013, 12:06 PM
SarahSmile's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I totally knew I was pregnant from about 4-5 DPO. I had so much cramping. I knew something was up!
LucasMom11 likes this.

August 21st, 2013, 04:47 PM
Dolly Lama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was definitely crampy way earlier than what was normal for me, plus the bloat was out of control.

Good luck ladies.
LucasMom11 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search