Prenatal vitamins????

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By *Jen*
  • 2 Post By wvufan67
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By bella88
  • 1 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 1 Post By mamaquiltthief

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
Do any of you take prenatals...if do how long have u been taking them...I worry about the high iron if I ended up not gettingppregnant quick....I see stuff saying u shouldn't take if ur not actively ttc but at what point is too long ttc to be taking prenatals daily?
August 25th, 2013, 01:39 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was taking prenatals for ages but decided to stop them and take folic acid instead. You can always switch back to the prenatals when you get a bfp.
Mrs.MCH likes this.

August 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella88 View Post
I was taking prenatals for ages but decided to stop them and take folic acid instead. You can always switch back to the prenatals when you get a bfp.
I'm thinking that may be a good idea bc we eat pretty healthy so I think folic acid may be only thing I need...how many mgs were u taking
August 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
*Jen*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I take New Chapter Perfect Prenatal's and I freaking love them.

They are a organic, non gmo whole food compound. :-)
Mrs.MCH likes this.

August 25th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been taking spring valley (walmart) prenatals with algae dha for 5 months now... I had a dr recommend for me to start taking them a few months before ttc...
cutenurse24 and Mrs.MCH like this.

August 25th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
MY RE just started me on PregVit Folic 5 for the past month
Mrs.MCH likes this.
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

August 25th, 2013, 03:49 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think 500 but I would have to check when I get home. I was taking one b complex vitamin every day too.
Mrs.MCH likes this.

August 25th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've taken prenatals since we started TTC my two year old. There's only been a small window in there that I wasn't pregnant or nursing though, I guess.
Mrs.MCH likes this.
August 25th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I take natures own Opti mum vitamins. I was on pregnacare when pregnant with DS but changed when I was breast feeding.
Mrs.MCH likes this.
August 25th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
I take New Chapter Perfect Prenatal's and I freaking love them.

They are a organic, non gmo whole food compound. :-)
If I do keep doing prenatals this may be something to look into...thanks hun!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvufan67 View Post
I've been taking spring valley (walmart) prenatals with algae dha for 5 months now... I had a dr recommend for me to start taking them a few months before ttc...
Ok so a few months before even ttc so I guess its ok to take them for quite a while before getting pregnant.
August 25th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I used Rainbow Light for 1 years and about two months ago I switch to Vitamin Code Raw....
August 25th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I've also been taking folic acid. Once I get my BFP I'll switch over to the prenatals.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

August 26th, 2013, 06:27 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I recommend you start trying out for prenatals now. Don't make the same mistake as me and go buy 3 months worth of a brand lol... just get a small amount to start testing with.

I started taking prenatals last month although we were still 2 months from TTC and found out the brand made me really sick. So now I have been taking only folic acid with my normal multivitamin while searching for a good prenatal to take and even that is giving me stomach issues. I am now experiencing with switching some things in my diet (more fiber, more fruits) to see if this helps while planning to start a new prenatal.

I am so happy I am doing this before I am pregnant as I would have just thought all the stomach pain was caused by the pregnancy while it is actually just the prenatals. Hopefully I can find something that works for me before starting TTC next month. I just got the Quest chewable prenatals that separate your daily intake in half (you take 2 of them in one day) so I will see if that helps if I take one with breakfast and one with supper.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 26th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Super Mommy to be
I've also wonder even though I take materna if I should take extra folic acid.... Dr/Nurse told me take Materna and tums for extra calcium where I don't eat a lot of dairy...I also will use B12 sublingual drops
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
'Blessings' by Laura Story (What if trials of this life, are your mercies in disguise)
Glorious Ruins
August 26th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I highly recommend that you take a prenatal several months before TTC. I also agree with the previous poster (meld10) that you should try out different brands. I have tried out three different ones until I found the one that I like which is Spring Valley Prenatals with DHA in them. I like taking them even when I am not preggo because it helps out my hair and nails. I do recommend though that you take them at night especially ones with DHA (otherwise you will be tasting/burping fish oil all day long).

August 26th, 2013, 08:28 AM
~*Tina*~
whats wrong with having iron if youre not pregnant? ive been taking them since about june and before that was taking folic acid for about 5 months.

7/12/13 @6w

August 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've read that you should be on prenatal vitamins for at least one month before conceiving to reduce the chance of birth defects. I'm not sure how true that is, given years ago women never took vitamins and popped out healthy babies. I still take them though and haven't had any problems.
August 26th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.MCH View Post

Ok so a few months before even ttc so I guess its ok to take them for quite a while before getting pregnant.
Yes...They recommend taking it at least 3 month before ttc now..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search