Period is late, tested, now a question

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By Spyctre

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I expected AF Saturday - no show. A bit of cramping here and there, but nothing. Sunday, no AF. I tested this morning with FMU and got a BFN. If I was pregnant it would definitely show up by now, right? With my other pregnancies I've always tested the day AF was due and gotten light, but definite BFPs. A few times today I've thought AF showed up, but when I go to the bathroom it's only a bunch of creamy/white CM.

Is it possible I'm pregnant and it's not showing up yet? It should show up by now, right? My periods have always been very regular and on time. I've never skipped one without being pregnant. I don't 'feel' pregnant. My other experiences have always been that I have that feeling before I test that it will for sure be a BFP - and it is. This time I'm just feeling lost.

Thanks, ladies.

Last edited by Tiffany8620; August 26th, 2013 at 12:28 PM.
August 26th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you know your O date for sure? Is it possible it got pushed back and you may not be late yet?
Sometimes it does take a little longer to show up on a test. What type of test did you use?
Diamond2009 and *Leah* like this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
August 26th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't know for sure when I O'd. I'm fairly confident it was sometime around August 8-10th. I was crampy around that time and also had an increased interest in DTD which seems to be a sign for me. After that the cramping stopped. I started cramping again this weekend, which I took to be a sign that AF was coming.

I tested with a FRER.
August 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm. Well you may still get a BFP. And you are rather late. I hope you get some answers soon, I wish I was more help. I would say wait two days and test again.

August 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's a bit thrown off!
August 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes HCG just builds slower. They say it doubles every 48 hours that's why I say to wait two days to give it time to build and show on a pregnancy test. Some women don't get a positive till 1 week or two late. So there's still a chance!
THE angry uterus likes this.

August 26th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
That is a bit off...especially since u usually get bfps before that point but I guess its like tyey say...every pregnancy can be different. ..idk...sorry I'm no help lol
August 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Boss Mama
Sorry you got a BFN. Do you chart, temp etc. The cramping this past weekend could possibly be O maybe your body geared up to O and didn't or maybe like the other ladies suggested that your just too early still for it to show + on a pregnancy test. Hopefully you get some answers soon. Limbo sucks

August 26th, 2013, 04:37 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Good luck..the ladies covered what I was going to say about maybe not ovulating when you thought you did...I'd wait and test again if AF doesn't show. Best of luck to you!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

August 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks, gals! If I don't get AF by Saturday I'll test again then. I hate not knowing. If I'm not pregnant, I'd like for AF to come. If I'm pregnant, I'd like a BFP. The universe can really be a pain sometimes.
August 26th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Veteran
I'm in the same place as you are! If I o'd when I thought I did, then AF should be here! I'm on cd 43.

**Thank you, bokkechick, for my beautiful signature!**

August 27th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With DD2 I didn't get a BFP until almost two weeks late. It was so frustrating! Back then though they didn't have the awesome early tests though, they had the tests that read at levels of like 100 or higher. :/

I hope you get your BFP soon!!
August 27th, 2013, 04:52 AM
Spyctre's Avatar Arwen
I had one pregnancy that didn't show on a test till 8 weeks, one that never showed and I only knew because I had an obvious miscarriage(8 weeks along), several to show at 7 DPO, some to barely show at 13 DPO... Every one is different! Good luck!
WaitinginNJ likes this.

James Arwen est. April 2, 2005
Alice Marie - January 9, 2008
Winter Rose - February 14, 2012
Liliana Vale - September 25, 2013

Daniel Constantine - July 19, 2016
Save
August 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's interesting to hear from you ladies who got BFNs, but were preggo. Still no period! I feel a bit nauseous here and there and have been feeling fatigued...napping and going to bed early. No more cramping. I just think it's strange that the first month we stop using protection is the same month my period decides to go MIA? For the first time in my life? So weird!

If it's not here by Saturday I'm going to retest.
August 27th, 2013, 07:59 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search