What do you do ??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By PinkFireFly
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By *Leah*
  • 1 Post By Mrs.MCH

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Are you a SAHM, working mama etc. If you work what do you do?

I was a life insurance inspector and got laid off Jan 2012 so I stayed home with the kids for a year and went to college Jan 2013 to August 2013 ...I recently graduated from a court support services program and now i'm a SAHM for a bit until I get into the courts. DF owns his own business so I don't really have to work but after a while I get bored at home and want to go out and work
Mrs.MCH likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

August 26th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am a working mom and am a nurse
THE angry uterus likes this.
August 26th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Masesmama's Avatar Veteran
I am and will be a SAHM until all my kids are in school. I have loved spending 3 1/2 years with my oldest and plan to do the same with the next one. My DS is starting part day preschool soon so I guess I figured it was time for another to keep me busy lol! I did go back to work for about 6 months after DS was born and I decided it wasn't for me. I like being home to make my DH lunch and bake snacks and things I wouldn't be able to do. I worked in a pharmacy for 5+ years before getting pregnant with DS though, and I still miss it some days!
August 27th, 2013, 02:31 AM
bluewren's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mainly a SAHM. I did do webdesign/maintenance prior to having my son and I still do projects for the clients I had prior but I'm not currently looking for any new clients. My son keeps me busy enough!

August 27th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a nurse too.
PinkFireFly likes this.

August 27th, 2013, 03:50 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a SAHW. I worked in the corporate world before but when DH decided to join the USAF it just worked out I could stay at home instead of going back to work. I am working on my Masters at the moment and would love to go back to work but this time around teaching high school finance classes instead of being in a company somewhere.

August 27th, 2013, 05:16 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work in a federal department. I actually really like my job because it is in my field (business/finance), it has somewhat of a concrete impact in the world and I am very busy so the days go by fast.

However, once I have kids I am hoping I can find a way to get summers off with them or something of this kind as I know the days they are little will just fly by and I want to be with them a lot. Hopefully we can find a way to do this all the while keeping us financially healthy.

Later on I hope I can change my work to doing something more concrete and related to not-for-profit organisations that bring something to the community. Maybe something related to helping them manage their budgets and what-not .
Mrs.MCH likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
August 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I am a real estate paralegal. I used to work in a lawfirm in Honolulu and then Colorado, but now I manage my family's mini storage rentals...I do the leases for their commercial business park, the storage units and I pay the bills for a couple other companies. I work outside the house 2/days a week, Mom watches Mallory and I try to get some things done when she is napping...return calls...credit rental accts etc...I love the flexibility I have and I love being near my family after being gone for so long in the Navy.....
meld10 likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

August 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥

Last edited by AllyTales; August 29th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
August 27th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am an adjunct college professor. After teaching for 8 years, I really enjoy the change of pace and helping students prepare for the profession.
August 27th, 2013, 07:48 AM
SassyMama's Avatar Fist Pumping Champ
I'm a SAHM. I also recently finished my degree.
August 27th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to school for Respiratory Therapy and worked as an RT before my son was born. Now I'm a SAHM.
August 27th, 2013, 04:53 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am an office assistant for 2 construction companies. It gets kind of slow sometime and I get bored...hence why I am ALWAYS on JM! But the people I work with are awesome and my job has a lot of flexibility so I can't imagine quitting for something else.

August 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
I am a 6th grade teacher and recently finished my K-12 Administration and Superintendent license! I would love to be a SAHM, but financially cannot afford it. My husband is in law enforcement and also USAF guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaiting View Post
I am a real estate paralegal. I used to work in a lawfirm in Honolulu and then Colorado, but now I manage my family's mini storage rentals...I do the leases for their commercial business park, the storage units and I pay the bills for a couple other companies. I work outside the house 2/days a week, Mom watches Mallory and I try to get some things done when she is napping...return calls...credit rental accts etc...I love the flexibility I have and I love being near my family after being gone for so long in the Navy.....
Stillwaiting- I just checked out your FB page, SUPER cute hats!! When we do get pregnant, and when we do find out what it is... I will be ordering a hat from you!!
August 27th, 2013, 08:08 PM
TTC # 5
I work my position is records mangement. I also eork at a childrens resale store, which is a lot of fun.

Thank you Leanne78 for my beautiful siggy!
August 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
I'm mostly a SAHM but do small work from home....I have a psychology and business degree. I donate my time (counseling) for free to abused women and childrens sheltors. At some point I'd like to technically work for a non profit company dealing in abuse prevention and recovery or possibly addiction rehabilitation.
meld10 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search