Semi new here

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dedra

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2013, 03:26 AM
Dedra's Avatar Veteran
First of all.. Wow!! It feels really weird to be back here! I was here umm... 7 years ago?! Something like that. But of course under a different username.

A little about myself.. I'm 26 DH is 31 and DD is almost 4. It took us 6 years to get pregnant with her. We seen an RE for about a year and everything checked out fine on both of us and I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I tried clomid for 3 months but decided that I was to emotionally drained to even go forward so we decided to take a break for a year and low and behold, I got pregnant! Lol.. Anyways.. We haven't actively been ttc but we haven't prevented it for 4 years either. I was secretly hoping that it would "just happen" I want to be one of those women that all of a sudden think "hmm I think im late. I should buy a test to be safe" and end up being pregnant.. Wishful thinking!

I have a question though. I've been looking into vitex and fertilaid? For a couple of weeks but I'm not sure that I should take that. I have pretty normal cycles. Anywhere from 28-32 days. Since I haven't actively been trying, I just monitor my cm & for the past 3-5 months, I haven't had any signs of ovulating. Has anyone here with normal cycles tries these?
WaitinginNJ likes this.
September 6th, 2013, 04:56 AM
AllyTales's Avatar Super Mommy
May I suggest charting, temping and OPK's? I would do that before putting something into your body, when you're unsure of what's going on. The temps and OPK's will let you know if you're ovulating. And help to show you what's going on with your body.

Good luck, welcome!

♥ due with little GIRL June 1 ♥
September 6th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would definitely say to try nailing down if you are ovulating or not. Some ladies have said the vitex and fertilaid messed with their cycle, when it was pretty normal. Like went from being 28-32 to 36-40. So I would make sure and see if you are ovulating. And with your cycles being that short and pretty regular I would say you most likely are. OPK's and temping is the best way. I just do OPK's but I have really strong O pains so I know when its happening.
Sometimes you may not get any EWCM that indicates O. That could be because of allergy medicine or you aren't drinking enough water, or a number of things. So going off that alone won't tell you too much. It does help when you are doing other things like OPK's, temping, checking CP, or have O pains.
Also if it is the case that you are Oing without EWCM I would recommend evening primrose oil. I take them and my fertile CM has been so much better.

Hopefully you get some answers and can figure out your cycle. I hope you get your BFP soon!! Good luck girl, and welcome back to the boards.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
September 6th, 2013, 06:35 AM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back! I have read a lot of success stories and like Hopeful mentioned, they do change your cycle. I had ordered Fertilaid, free trial, but I used a prepaid (based on what I read it was recommended to do it that way) and they cancelled my order lol. This month I am charting and using Soy Iso. A lot of women on here swear by it because it has worked for them. It is supposed to be the herbal clomid,
Good luck!

September 6th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Dedra's Avatar Veteran
Thanks ladies!! Hopeful_gurl55, antihistamines? That's never dawned on me!! I have to take Zyrtec daily because of my allergies. Ugh!! I took the evening primrose oil & robitussin before when I tried and it didn't do much for me.

As far as charting, it's not for me.. I hated it before.. I'm on cd 4 so this month I'm gonna use opks to see what I get then go from there.

What is soy iso? I've never heard of that.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search