Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Super Mommy
Was just thinking, could the early peak reading be because I started taking Maca and Vitex?

September 20th, 2013, 07:23 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
It does say on the directions that using medications can give false high or peak fertility readings and to only test once in the morning....it also says to use FMU...I thought you were supposed to test in the afternoon..hmmmm(I just read through all the directions since I'm starting to test tomorrow)
September 20th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Super Mommy
FMU?

September 20th, 2013, 07:48 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
First morning urine
September 20th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
FMU = first morning urine. Some OPK's tell you to do that, others say to test later. I wonder if there is a different reagent or something w/ different brands and that's why some have different instructions.

And yes, I think the maca/Vitex could throw you off...maybe an early +?

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
September 20th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
The sac and Vitex could interfere with the OPK, but in case just continue BDing.

How often do you test with your OPK's?

[/URL]Renee
September 21st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Super Mommy
Back to a circle with no face. Will see. Next Thursday should be flashy or plain smiley.

September 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee360 View Post
The sac and Vitex could interfere with the OPK, but in case just continue BDing.

How often do you test with your OPK's?
Reg opk strips 1-2 times a day. The clearblue advanced once in the morning unless I get a reg simply then you have to wait a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor-Abigail View Post
FMU = first morning urine. Some OPK's tell you to do that, others say to test later. I wonder if there is a different reagent or something w/ different brands and that's why some have different instructions.

And yes, I think the maca/Vitex could throw you off...maybe an early +?
Early + for reg test or + on ovulation?

September 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With the Clearblue digitals you ARE supposed to use first morning urine unlike many other OPKs.

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

September 21st, 2013, 12:20 PM
Super Mommy
Yes I know

September 22nd, 2013, 06:06 AM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
SarahK- I'm all of a sudden in the same boat as you....I tested out my Clear blue on day 7, 8 to get a baseline reading....then I decided I was going to really start testing on cd10, today and bam, there was a smiley face...not blinking or anything. I used first morning urine like it said to do and then I did it again with 2nd morning urine, another smiley face....hmmmm.... I know last cycle whenever I used my cheapie OPK it was always darker in the morning than the afternoon, but never positive until I actually got my surge later in my cycle. When I took the stick out of the Clearblue reader the control line was still way darker than the test line..doesn't look anything near a positive reading(compared to my last cycle using digital OPK's) I also took Clomid this cycle, so like you, that could be affecting it...but here's what I think.....I think first morning readings on any OPK can give a false positive...(in june I also used FMU on CD9 and got a smiley face but my line was way lighter than the control, but my last cycle I surged on CD15,16 and on day cd16 my test line was a lot darker than the control line )....I'm going to just keep testing and see if I get the blinking and then smiley later this week...I was thinking if I do O it would be around that same CD 15,16 mark this time...but who knows I guess.....Let me know if you get another smiley face this week.....I think maybe we both got false positives......
September 22nd, 2013, 06:21 AM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
One more thing...I thought when you got the solid smiley it was supposed to stay displayed for 2 days...mine did not stay on the display and let me test again..it did show a smiley face again after testing, so is that what they meant...that every time you test for two days it will be smiley?
September 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Super Mommy
@KM-I got a blinky this morning at 7am.

Thanks for keeping up with me. Nice to conceive chat with someone.

First time using this advance thing i got a circle.
2nd time got a reg smiley and it stayed on 2 days. So I tested again after 2 days and got a circle. Today I got the blinky face. Wth advanced test I always use FMU.
Bit confusing. So we will just DTD every other day and if capable 2 days in a row. Pretending I'm ovulating all week.

September 22nd, 2013, 08:31 AM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
Okay, that makes me feel better to know you got a blinking face this morning.....let me know if it goes back to a solid smiley...I will keep using FMU Thanks!
September 22nd, 2013, 09:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls,

I found this on the Clearblue sight:

It is always recommended that you read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication that you are taking before doing a test, and check with your healthcare professional if you are taking any medication or have any medical condition before planning to get pregnant.

Certain medical conditions and medications can give misleading results, for example:

you are pregnant
you are breastfeeding
you have reached the menopause
you have impaired liver or kidney function
you have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
you are taking fertility drugs containing luteinizing hormone (LH) or human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG)
you are taking antibiotics containing tetracyclines
Some fertility treatments such as clomiphene citrate may give misleading High Fertility results but Peak Fertility result should not be affected.

It looks like Clomid may interfere with the readings. I would be so confused, so I thought I'd try to help. You can read more here:

Ovulation Predictor Instructions and Commonly Asked Questions

September 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish44 View Post
Hey girls,

I found this on the Clearblue sight:

It is always recommended that you read the manufacturer’s instructions for any medication that you are taking before doing a test, and check with your healthcare professional if you are taking any medication or have any medical condition before planning to get pregnant.

Certain medical conditions and medications can give misleading results, for example:

you are pregnant
you are breastfeeding
you have reached the menopause
you have impaired liver or kidney function
you have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
you are taking fertility drugs containing luteinizing hormone (LH) or human Chorionic Gonadotrophin (HCG)
you are taking antibiotics containing tetracyclines
Some fertility treatments such as clomiphene citrate may give misleading High Fertility results but Peak Fertility result should not be affected.

It looks like Clomid may interfere with the readings. I would be so confused, so I thought I'd try to help. You can read more here:

Ovulation Predictor Instructions and Commonly Asked Questions

Nicole you did help. I'm trying Maca root and Vitex herbs this mnth. I take Celexa and Trazadone.

September 23rd, 2013, 06:48 AM
Super Mommy
Cd 11= blinking smiley

September 23rd, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm jealous. I thought I'd get a blinking smiley yesterday, but nope. Then I thought for sure today, no again. Why do I have to O late this month!?!?! I've O-ed cycle day 14 the last two months.

September 23rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish44 View Post
I'm jealous. I thought I'd get a blinking smiley yesterday, but nope. Then I thought for sure today, no again. Why do I have to O late this month!?!?! I've O-ed cycle day 14 the last two months.
I don't know. Sorry I don't have an answer.

September 23rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I was 2 days late ovulating this cycle. Our bodies do what it want when it wants.

[/URL]Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search