Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 19th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Super Mommy
These test are cool.
My period ended the 16-17 and wasn't expecting to already get a peak reading.
Smiley Face= Peak Ferility

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p914i3wcif...2008.59.19.jpg

I say y'all should try these.

Last edited by Sarah_K; September 19th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
September 19th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Super Mommy

This could be the best bday gift for a man(husbands 10/2)(dads 10/1)

Just excited over a simple ovulation test

Last edited by Sarah_K; September 19th, 2013 at 07:20 AM.
September 19th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the Clearblue digital OPKs. There is no guessing involved. I'm currently trying to hold it for 4 hours so I can use one!

Sweet Baby Boy Due June 18

September 19th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Super Mommy
I wished I thought of this last year.
Forget those calendars, test strips.
I'm going all digital. So worth the money.
Yea for Clearblue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish44 View Post
I love the Clearblue digital OPKs. There is no guessing involved. I'm currently trying to hold it for 4 hours so I can use one!
I didn't wait 4 hours. I took this test at 8:30. Got up few hours earlier and went to the bathroom and again at 8:30.
September 19th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I usually love them, but this month my body is being wonky. I get "O" an later I'll test and get the flashing smiley face and then later it goes back to "O". Last night and this morning I'm back to flashing smiley face. I've never had them go back and forth.

Hooray for you though! FX'd you caught that egg!

[/URL]Renee
September 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee360 View Post
I usually love them, but this month my body is being wonky. I get "O" an later I'll test and get the flashing smiley face and then later it goes back to "O". Last night and this morning I'm back to flashing smiley face. I've never had them go back and forth.

Hooray for you though! FX'd you caught that egg!
All I can say is DTD every other night even of its flashy smile or not.
September 19th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
So you're ovulating on CD 7? I don't follow. I used them once before. You're supposed to get flashing smiley first followed by steady smiley, right? I had similar results as Renee but I also think my body just wasn't cooperating.

I will say this: FULL MOON tonight and it's fall equinox this weekend. Some Chinese folklore says this is a "fertile" full moon, so I say let's all test that theory, eh?
PrincessMom08 likes this.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12

Last edited by Eleanor-Abigail; September 19th, 2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Typo
September 19th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Super Mommy
I don't completely understand the digital ovulation test. Didn't think I would get any smiley face until next week?

Can someone explain this type of test to me. We will still DTD every other day until a few days past ovulation day. I also use test strips just to compare. ????

Copied this from clearblue site. Still don't understand because ovulation comes like a week or more after your period ends. ???!

It is not possible to continue testing once Peak Fertility is displayed. Peak Fertility symbol will show on the day it is first detected and the day after. Therefore it will remain on the display for 48 hours after it is first detected and indicates that you are at your most fertile. You cannot perform another test while there is a result on the display. After Peak Fertility is displayed you must stop testing for this cycle. You can save any remaining test sticks for use in a future cycle if required but you must use the same Holder for a cycle of testing (do not change Holders part way through a cycle of use).
September 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Super Mommy
This explains better. I did use the test after going to the bathroom 2 hrs before. So maybe it detected wrong and went straight to peak.

This product tracks the changes in estrogen and luteinising hormone (LH) throughout the menstrual cycle. If the necessary changes in estrogen are detected the Holder will display High Fertility and if the necessary changes in LH are detected the Holder will display Peak Fertility.

If the hormone changes naturally occur close together it is possible that High Fertility may not be displayed and that the Holder will change from Low Fertility to Peak Fertility without displaying High Fertility. We would like to reassure you that this does not mean that your product is faulty and that you have still detected your two most fertile days to try to conceive.

However if tests are missed or not performed correctly (i.e. mis-sampled, mis-timed or a weak concentration of urine is used) then your High Fertility results can also be affected.
September 19th, 2013, 02:16 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
It's my understanding you will get a smiley face during your 2 fertile days and it will flash on the peak of your surge.....have sex that day for sure
September 19th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMO81 View Post
It's my understanding you will get a smiley face during your 2 fertile days and it will flash on the peak of your surge.....have sex that day for sure
But don't the 2 fertile days come like a week or so after your period ends and not 2 days after it ends?
September 19th, 2013, 02:42 PM
August 2014 DDC Co-Host
Not always. It varies with each person and each month. Try retesting. Are you temping?

September 19th, 2013, 02:49 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
Sorry I had the two faces mixed up..the flashing one is first for high fertility before you get your peak fertility with the regular smiley face.......I have ovulated on CD 9 before, so it is possible....
September 19th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think it's possible that you can ovulate on CD7, not common, but possible.

Once the smiley stops flashing, the solid will stay on for 3 days and you can't use the reader until 3 days later. But of course by that time your surge will be over so not point in retesting.

I finally got the solid smiley when I tested in the afternoon along with a positive from an IC OPK. I'm back to loving the CBAD OPK.

[/URL]Renee
September 19th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessMom08 View Post
Not always. It varies with each person and each month. Try retesting. Are you temping?
Yes I'm temping. Started this past Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMO81 View Post
Sorry I had the two faces mixed up..the flashing one is first for high fertility before you get your peak fertility with the regular smiley face.......I have ovulated on CD 9 before, so it is possible....

Ya flashing then reg. I got reg first for some reason unless it would have been flashing Wednesday and I didn't use the clearblue Wednesday.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee360 View Post
I think it's possible that you can ovulate on CD7, not common, but possible.

Once the smiley stops flashing, the solid will stay on for 3 days and you can't use the reader until 3 days later. But of course by that time your surge will be over so not point in retesting.

I finally got the solid smiley when I tested in the afternoon along with a positive from an IC OPK. I'm back to loving the CBAD OPK.
Thanks.
We will just say I'm fertile this week. Try to DTD every other day for couple of weeks.
September 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Dedra's Avatar Veteran
Our Walmart didn't have the advanced digital so I just had to get the digital. I got a smiley yesterday morning then another smiley this morning. I'm thinking that I will o today since I'm having so back pains and my legs are aching. I'm gonna test again in the morning to see if it goes back to the circle with no smiley! Good Luck!!
September 19th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Super Mommy
@Dedra. I got the advanced on amazon. I order all my test through amazon.

Thanks. Good luck to you as well.
September 20th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Eleanor-Abigail's Avatar Keep Calm and Baby Dance
Good tip on Amazon. I checked the "family planning" aisle at my local Kroger grocery store the other day. ALL of the OPK's & HPT's were in boxes that you'd have to have the cashier open. I've never seen the tests boxed up like that anywhere else. I found it really off-putting.

2, 4, 6, 8...c'mon body, ovulate!

Nov '12
September 20th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor-Abigail View Post
Good tip on Amazon. I checked the "family planning" aisle at my local Kroger grocery store the other day. ALL of the OPK's & HPT's were in boxes that you'd have to have the cashier open. I've never seen the tests boxed up like that anywhere else. I found it really off-putting.
I use to shop at Kroger. Hated that the test were locked up. What if a teen needs one but to imbaressed to ask some one to unlock the cabinet?
The test shouldn't be locked up.
Eleanor-Abigail likes this.
September 20th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Target and Amazon carry the CBAD OPK's. I do the subscribe and save through Amazon and I save 5% when I shop at Target with my Red Card.

I can't find them at any of my grocery stores around here, not too mention the prices they charge are way too expensive!

I could see how it would feel off putting having to ask someone to unlock the case. It becomes too much of a production.
Sarah_K likes this.

[/URL]Renee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search