Dr appt not exactly what I wanted

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By SmilingSam

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 1st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So I cried at my dr appt like a big baby. This progesterone makes me crazy...

I just assumed she would increase my clomid to 100 mg this time, but no. She wants me to take this month off and get CD3 blood work again and do a SA. She said they will also draw some lab to check my brain function (my brain may not be signaling my ovaries to O). Well that just made me so upset because I feel like I'm wasting a whole cycle. She said that if I can get this SA in on time and everything checks out, we still may be able to do clomid this cycle. I think she realized how stressed I got haha. She explained to me that even if I don't do clomid this cycle it's not a waste because I'll be taking other steps to finding out what's wrong before wasting another clomid cycle. I just hate this.
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

October 1st, 2013, 09:03 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry you are going through this.

The doc is right though, this cycle won't be wasted if it helps you in the long run. That being said, it still sucks that you have to go through all this. Sending you positive thoughts that this brings answers quickly!

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 1st, 2013, 09:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you were upset at how your appt went, but it does sound like your Dr does have a plan.
Hopefully you will be able to get some answers very soon.

October 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. I trust her and I know I'm just being impatient, but I'm just discouraged that clomid failed because I had so much hope for myself with it...
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

October 1st, 2013, 09:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Don't feel discouraged. The tests she is doing will help figure out if there is an underlying reason the clomid didn't work before upping the dosage. Because sometimes a high does can do more damage than help.
I really hope you find some great information from the test and get back on your clomid cycle and get your BFP!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
October 1st, 2013, 10:49 AM
LivyLove's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry! Big hugs!!
TTC #3 since Oct 2012
*Thinking of my angel babies 10/13 & 1/14*
October 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your bfp soon.

October 1st, 2013, 01:00 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
Your OB certainly does seem very dedicated! She's working hard. CD3 bloodwork is a good screening tool and I like that she's trying to get at the "root" of the situation. I will say that my dr did bloodwork and some other screening tools and concluded I have "mild pcos". She decided not to do any treatment since it was mild and told me to come back in a year for metformin if I haven't conceived, but I believe the mild pcos definitely contributed to my cycles not regulating. Even though i did get a bfp eventually I still never got regular cycles. If your bloodwork comes back like mine did your OB might find that metformin treatment is more effective than clomid. Anyway I'm just throwing random possibilities out there, I know it sucks that you feel like you are taking a cycle off but you never know when you might ovulate on your own anyway, especially since u used to have regular periods!
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 1st, 2013, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you for all the support and encouraging advice!

October 1st, 2013, 06:36 PM
Nerd
I generally lurk in the TTC board just to check for updates from you.

I was sorry to read that Clomid cycles 1 and 2 were a bust.

Regarding the emotions from today's appt, yes the progesterone can make it worse, but I certainly understand how disappointed you were that the clomid wasn't working. I know the ladies on the TTCMA will be very interested in your CD3 bloodwork. It's tough waiting AGAIN when you've waited SO MUCH already.

You're doing a good job. Waiting sucks. Not knowing sucks. Having your body not cooperate sucks. It's the worst when you have a knowledge of what should be going on, but it's like your body is clueless. You and your doctor WILL get to the bottom of this. You will have a baby. And I believe that you are on the SHORT side of the wait now. Really! You've come through the worst. Every test is one step closer to the specific answer that is right for your body. You're doing a fabulous job of enduring a painful wait.

It's okay to get down. You can always believe that *I* (and the others here) believe that you will conceive soon.
chrysalis1 likes this.

Expecting our first child in February... Team pink!
1st beta 14dpo = 150
2nd beta 18dpo = 782
3rd beta 23 dpo = 5,362
Missing my puppy, but grateful to have shared a bond with her for two years.
October 1st, 2013, 11:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingSam View Post
I generally lurk in the TTC board just to check for updates from you.

I was sorry to read that Clomid cycles 1 and 2 were a bust.

Regarding the emotions from today's appt, yes the progesterone can make it worse, but I certainly understand how disappointed you were that the clomid wasn't working. I know the ladies on the TTCMA will be very interested in your CD3 bloodwork. It's tough waiting AGAIN when you've waited SO MUCH already.

You're doing a good job. Waiting sucks. Not knowing sucks. Having your body not cooperate sucks. It's the worst when you have a knowledge of what should be going on, but it's like your body is clueless. You and your doctor WILL get to the bottom of this. You will have a baby. And I believe that you are on the SHORT side of the wait now. Really! You've come through the worst. Every test is one step closer to the specific answer that is right for your body. You're doing a fabulous job of enduring a painful wait.

It's okay to get down. You can always believe that *I* (and the others here) believe that you will conceive soon.

Thank you for this post and for checking up on me. Reading this was so encouraging and made me see a few things in a different light. It helps so much to have people who understand. Thank you again and thank all of you ladies!

October 1st, 2013, 11:24 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry about the doctor's appointment not going the way you wanted. MY GYNO was amazing but my RE really got the ball rolling which changed a lot for us. I do however hate the "rest" cycles like the one I am one... I just wanna get back it again I hope you can get all your stuff in so you can start Clomid this coming up cycle. Good luck and keep us updated

October 2nd, 2013, 01:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Princess View Post
I am so sorry about the doctor's appointment not going the way you wanted. MY GYNO was amazing but my RE really got the ball rolling which changed a lot for us. I do however hate the "rest" cycles like the one I am one... I just wanna get back it again I hope you can get all your stuff in so you can start Clomid this coming up cycle. Good luck and keep us updated
Thank you! I will probably start considering a RE if I try 100 mg this cycle and it is unsuccessful. I just don't want to get into those prices if I don't have to, but if it comes to that it will be worth it.

October 2nd, 2013, 01:46 AM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I totally understand that

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search