It's getting harder than I thought it would be...

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By YellieBean

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2013, 08:49 AM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
Hi ladies! I am in a fantastic mood today because I finally got my first positive OPK for the month yesterday evening! This OPK was the darkest that I have gotten in our 6 months of trying, until I tested this morning and the test lines on the two different ones I used were EVEN DARKER, which made me that much more excited! Hubby and I bd last night, as well as Tuesday night (trying to stick with every other day before the positive OPK and then daily for three days) because once daily was just a bit much for both of us.
I think it's just been hard for me not to be so down about this being our 6th month of ttc and nothing happening. Every month, I analyze the symptoms and think "yep! this is the month, I just know it!" only it's not ever the month. Last month was the first month that when I went to the bathroom and realized AF had arrived, I sobbed in my husband's arms for a few minutes and then just tried to move on to the next month. I never thought it would be this hard. I was on BC for 11 years though and tried NOT to get pregnant and now that we want to get pregnant, it just isn't happening. My husband keeps telling me that not everything happens on my time and I know how impatient I can be so I do realize this, but the stores of people getting preggers without even trying and it just taking 1 cycle sort of takes a toll on you. Or is this just me?
Well...I feel like maybe 6 cycles is a charm? I got some o cramping this morning that I haven't had since stopping my birth control and starting yesterday, EWCM that I don't normally notice much of at all. Maybe it's taken my body a while to adjust from being off the BC hormones. We started using pre-seed and I've heard some good things, but we just don't use much.
I feel silly trying some "old wives tales", but my mother who has had 5 children naturally told me that her doc always used to tell her that when trying to get pregnant that lying on your back with hips elevated for 10 minutes really does help and my mom said worked like a charm, so I have started doing this as well. Maybe I am just grasping at straws. Who knows. It's even harder because my husband and I seem to be doing all we can. We both cut out having wine or beer, I cut out coffee, but still drink some green tea (addiction to iced green tea lattes eeeek!), we're healthy and do work out, but not overly so. I have multiple sclerosis so I try to stay active and healthy and am on vitamin d supplements because I have also heard that severe vitamin d difficiency has been diagnosed with infertility in a lot of cases. I alm almost always low at about 12-14 (normal is 30-100) so I just started back on a supplement.

Thanks for listening to me vent. I just felt like I needed someone to "talk" to
Libby22 and Mrs.Elf like this.
October 11th, 2013, 09:24 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm wishing you that this month ends in your BFP good luck catching that eggy and hang in there. TTC is not an easy thing on the mind and body .

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 11th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
TTC can be so frustrating and heartbreaking, and especially soo, when like you mentioned you hear stories about people getting pregnant without even trying or on the first try and here we are doing EVERYTHING possible to try and get pregnant with no luck. I really hope this is your month and that you will be celebrating the very soon.

On another note I may have to go get some Vitamin D supplements, I learn something new on this board every day

October 11th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Veteran
I feel your pain. So much of what you said in your post echo things that I have said, except that I'm only on my 2nd month of trying. I thought for sure it would happen on the first try. I've only had one family member (one of my sisters) who had trouble ttc her first, and that was 22 years ago (and she had other reproductive system issues before ttc). I was so sure it would happen on the first try for us that we even took an "impregnation vacation" in September so our baby would be conceived somewhere special. My mom's response when I told her our vacation "didn't work" was along the lines of "you're trying too hard. Just relax and don't try so hard and it will happen". Kind of made me regret telling her why we were taking a vacation. Meanwhile, 3 out of 5 of my nephews and nieces are popping out "oops" babies left and right.

Hang in there, and I hope that this cycle is the one where you get your BFP.
October 11th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thank you so much for the sweet comments and encouragement. I am trying to stay positive and it goes up and down. It really is such an emotional thing!
Mrs. Elf...I understand what you're saying. My sisters have both been blessed to get pregnant quickly, in fact one has 3 boys and the other has a son and a daughter just 11 months apart. I keep hearing "just relax and it'll happen when you least expect it." How do you stop expecting it when it's something you want so badly? Rough! Baby dust to everyone enough and here's to hoping that this is the month!
October 11th, 2013, 10:19 PM
chrysalis1's Avatar + Positively Pregnant! +
I just wanted to pop in and say that sixth cycle can definitely be the charm especially if you notice something different like a darker opk... I felt just like you described after three negative cycles and my fourth one was the charm, and what was different that cycle was that randomly my cm was super stretchy, and that was even with us using pre seed the cycle before and getting bfn on that one. So sometimes out of the blue something different can happen in a cycle that makes it more likely to be "the one" than others
"Mild" pcos, blessed with BFP on cycle #4 ttc
Baby Braden 5/25/2014He's finally here!

]
October 11th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Dedra's Avatar Veteran
I'd like to tell ya that it gets easier but I won't lie! It never will. Praying that this is your month!!! Good luck!!
October 12th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
Awww hun...I hope this is ur month...it is frustrating...I haven't been ttc long but I've had many loses and it always makes me feel like....I'm a woman...I'm supposed to have babies...why can't I do this!!!!! It seems like it should be so simple!!!!
October 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
You guys are awesome. I know it sounds silly, but this board and the ladies on it are so helpful and encouraging. I was just telling my husband that I feel so down because I am a woman and I'm supposed to be able to so this. I forget this can be hard on him too. He told me that it's hard for him too because as a man, he feels he should have gotten me pregnant by now. I choose to believe that the right time just hasn't been yet and that it'll happen for us! Well, 1dpo today now commence the tww! I think now it seems like its so normal seeing a bfn pregnancy test and that a bfp is impossible, but it isn't! Our anniversary is November 3rd and we're taking a trip. I'd love to have good news for him!
October 13th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck hope to hear u get a bfp

af came sep 24 wed nz time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search