Does my period sound normal? Trying to conceive.. TMI warning

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I've been trying to conceive for 8 months, and with every month of disappointment I think of something new that could be wrong. This month I started scrutinizing my period... I know I should be asking a doctor these questions but we were waiting to hit the year mark before going to the doctor. So I just wanted to get some opinions as to if this sounds like a normal period, or if it sounds like something could be wrong.

My period is 29-30 days and always has been regular.
My period lasts 5 days. 2 heavy days, 2 much lighter days, the last day is just spotting.
I have very very light cramping for a week before my period.
I have fairly heavy cramping the first 2 days of my period. I wouldn't consider it PAINFUL, more as very uncomfortable where I want to curl up in sweatpants. I take midol or tylenol and I'm fine within an hour, no discomfort at all.
I change my pad every 2 - 4 hours on the first day, slightly longer on the second day, but I also don't usually wait to fill the entire pad because I don't want it to leak (SORRY TMI).

I was reading that periods aren't supposed to be painful?? I always thought cramping was normal but after reading a million websites, now I'm afraid my cramps are too heavy, and that something is wrong. I don't have sharp stabbing pains, and it has never interfered with my daily life. I always do have to take midol or tylenol or else I will be very uncomfortable, but I've never been unable to go to work or school or whatnot.

So does this sound normal, or abnormal? Thanks so much for your input!!
October 14th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes your cycle sounds perfectly normal to me. Cramping as you described is normal too.
Are you temping or using opk to track ovulation?

Team Pink

October 14th, 2013, 07:17 AM
~*Tina*~
sounds 100% normal to me too! cramps are normal!!

7/12/13 @6w

October 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Seems like a normal period to me.
October 14th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My periods use to be painfull b4 I had kids. maybe get some blood work see if your lacking iron and stuff. you sound normal

af came dec 18 Fri nz time, cycle 25
October 14th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I use to have the worse cramps the 1st day of AF, but once I had children and IUD's I hardly have them and my flow is only 4 days now.

Renee
October 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Dedra's Avatar Veteran
Our cycles sound just alike except mine are what you call painful!! I cramp so bad that all I can do is cry. I take 4 (200mg) of Motrin and it doesn't knock the pain. I was checked when I ttc before and everything was completely normal. No endo or PCOS.
October 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
Whoever said periods aren't painful, was clearly a man! everything sounds good to me! Mine used to be like that before my first child, then all heck broke loose and my periods are 7-10 days long with heavy soaking bleeding for at least 4 days of that, ugh.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/30/15! It's A Girl!

October 15th, 2013, 10:26 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds pretty normal. I get the cramping & dull achey back for the first couple days of mine. Not fun!!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
October 15th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes yours does sound normal. My period pain gets AWFUL to where i can barely get out of bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search