Doctor update...*Prayers please*

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree22Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 18th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just got back from having the follow up ultrasound done and seeing the doctor... i have good news and bad news so it's bittersweet... I guess i'll start with the good news first...that big ovarian cyst from last cycle is gone...now on to the bad news.. the ultrasound showed multiple cysts on my ovary...i have gained 10 pounds in a month...i have acne & irregular cycles.... so my doctor tested me for PCOS...The results will be back next week so please say a Prayer for me...she said if i have it it will be "challenging" to get pregnant...The blood test she did last cycle showed high liver levels so i have to go on a no processed food fruit & veggie diet...

October 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Veteran
Just remember challenging does not mean impossible, and the ladies on the TTCMA board are wonderful resources!
October 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good news the big cyst is gone. I'm sending T&P your way.
Although I must say I know nothing of the condition, I'm guessing it's a good thing to know about it early in order to find ways to manage and help get pregnant faster.
wvufan67 likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully you get good news. And remember if they diagnose you with it, they will have a better idea of how to help you get the sticky bean. So I pray you get all the help you need and move on to a DDC soon!
wvufan67 likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
October 18th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. She said we'd get the results and go from there..it just sucks having to wait to know and the possibility of us not getting pregnant or it taking forever because of me breaks my heart...all i've ever wanted was to be a mother....i guess it makes since why i haven't ovulated if i have multiple cysts on my ovary....

October 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know some women who get pregnant very quickly with doctors help even though they have PCOS. I know everyone says it, and I hate when people tell me, but really try not to stress. Usually knowing exactly whats up makes me feel better.
wvufan67 likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
T&P to you. I hope you have good news!!
wvufan67 likes this.

Thanks to Quantum_Leap for my gorgeous siggy!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart
October 18th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
that makes me feel a little better. If i have it i guess it's something i'll have to deal with and hopefully it was caught early enough. crazy to think it's been 3 months already since we've been ttc. to be honest i thought i'd be pregnant by now but i guess you can never really judge that type of stuff on how long.
hopeful_girl55 and meld10 like this.

October 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah its been 15 months for me, and at 21 years old I never thought I would still be trying to have a baby.

October 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I suspected you might have PCOS. My best friend has it. She had difficulty getting pregnant, but after a few cycles on clomid, she was pregnant. (She had twins) The boys are now a year old and she just found out she is pregnant! No meds, no anything. It was a complete and utter shock since it was so difficult the first time! It might be hard at first, but don't get discouraged, I think being on the right meds and dosage will do the trick!

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
October 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
wvufan67 likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 11:01 AM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy

I'm glad you are getting some answers at least. Will be thinking of you and hoping for some postive outcomes out of all this!!
wvufan67 likes this.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
October 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
When they tested liver levels? What did they test for exactly...after I had my daughter I had to go to emergency room bc I had to be left with open c-sec wound and other complications...anyway they said something about some levels were low and something about my liver and I may wanna follow up at a later point with doc...I never did... so I was wondering what was up with urs?
October 18th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Dedra's Avatar Veteran
Youre in my prayers! My husband Aunt has PCOS. Her first round of metfomin and clomid, she got pregnant. When it was time for her to conceive her second, her doctor put her right back on the same stuff. She got pregnant that cycle also. Then she had a baby sneak up a couple years later all natural!! So once they know what's going on, they know how to help!
October 18th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much ladies for all of the support..i've been a mess all day but i guess it's better to catch it instead of it going unknown.. all of these pregnant with pcos stories have helped ease my mind some..it was like i seen a completely different doctor today..i didn't even have to ask her about pcos she brought it up when she seen the multiple cysts..

Mrs.MCH- Yes they took blood last time i was there and tested my liver and other things..i'm not really sure exactly what they tested for related to the liver but she did say it was high and i needed to start a non processed food, veggies & fruit diet..hope that helped you some

October 18th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Super Mommy
I have PCOS and I have 5 kids. I only had to use fertility drugs for 1 of them. I was put on metformin and I can get pregnant pretty fast. It may be more challenging but it is doable. Good luck.
wvufan67 likes this.
October 18th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thank you. that really gives me a lot of hope. What were your symptoms? if you don't mind me asking.

October 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a few friends with PCOS and they were also able to conceive pretty quickly after getting the right meds. I think it's all good news because the diagnosis means you can get the right help and get your BFP faster!
wvufan67 likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i am really starting to get more hope now that i've heard all of these success stories! thank you
Renee360 likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying it works out for you

af came dec 18 Fri nz time, cycle 25

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search