Tilted Uterus

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2013, 07:07 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Any ladies have a tilted uterus? I do, and my dr said you can get pregnant just fine, but it may take a little longer than the average woman. If you do, how long have you been actively TTC?
October 19th, 2013, 09:16 AM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
I have been told I have a tilted uterus and that conceiving should be no different than if it were not. Who knows though! My hubby and I have been actively trying for 6 months.
October 19th, 2013, 10:00 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
I have one and both doctors I have been to said it will make no difference. I have PCOS though, which makes the difference lol. We are more NTNP though, for almost 2 years now

My Ovulation Chart
October 19th, 2013, 12:22 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a retroverted uterus and it took me 12 cycles to conceive this baby. Said cycles were fairly wonky in the middle there so I don't think that the tilted uterus had much to do with it taking a while. My mother has the same thing and the longest she ever had to ttc for her four kids was with my brother. It took 2 months to conceive him and the rest of us were in the first month.

October 19th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The only way that I think it "could" affect it is that your cervical opening may be in an odd spot, thus making it a little more trickier for sperm to do its job. If you are worried it may hinder your chances, I think putting a pillow under your bum after dtd and letting it 'sit' in there for a while. When DF gets on board with TTC, I know I will be doing that! hehe!

My Ovulation Chart
October 19th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Ahh thanks ladies! I will definitely try the pillow thing if we don't conceive this month!
October 19th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a retroverted uterus as well, it's REALLY retroverted. I always put my hips up after sex because otherwise I won't get pregnant. I was told that it could make ttc harder, because the blood supply is cut off slightly since mine is practically folded in half. Exercise can help and so can aspirin.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

October 19th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
When I pregnant with my first baby and having my first u/s my doctor noted my uterus was a bit tilted. He didn't say anything more about it, and however it's positioned hasn't seemed to change my ability to get pregnant.
October 19th, 2013, 03:35 PM
You guys, I'm so goofy, but when I read that some of you recommended putting your hips up after dtd, I got so excited because I did that this cycle after each time we dtd and my husband giggled a t me. Who's funny now?!
October 19th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Ahahaha!! It IS funny but it definitely makes sense, right? Keep as many in there as long as possible! Maybe 1 will find that darn egg!!
October 19th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
I have one too...didn't ever find out till my pregnancy with my daughter...I wondered why it was never noted or anything said in previous normal exams...wasn't even told till I went in to be induced actually...they had issues getting that lil balloon thingy in they dilate u with...once they mentioned it I remembered that every exam I ever had the person looked as if they were really having to search around lol
October 20th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mine is very tilted to my left! I haven't conceived yet but it's not due to that. My dr said that part won't be a problem.
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

October 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM
girlsofsummer's Avatar Us two became we three <3
Lurking, I also have a tilted uterus which didn't affect TTC for me (I used a pillow and laid there for like 20 min after DTD).

My doctor said verbatim "It's like being left handed versus right handed, it makes no difference in conception." I'm not sure about labor and delivery! You may not be able to get abdominal ultrasounds though; vaginal is the only way my uterus and bean can be seen.
bella88 and rusticbythesea01 like this.
October 20th, 2013, 09:34 AM
I was told that generally the uterus corrects itself during pregnancy, it did for my friend. Her first scan at 5 weeks had to be done vaginally but from there on it was all okay. Like girlsofsummer said, my doc also said its just anatomy differences some are tilted and some aren't. Still going to use a pillow though, just to be double sure hahaha
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
October 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I don't but my mother does. She used to tell me she had to stand on her head to get PG with me lol. They tried for around 9 months I think before they got me. But she also had 1 MC before me as well, so I know it's possible to get PG. You might want to try raising your legs above your head for a while after DTD. That's what my OB said he tells his ladies with a tilted uterus when I asked him if I had one because my mom did.

October 21st, 2013, 12:33 AM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I have one and my friends does. She said doing it doggy style helps and then just kinda sitting in a downward dog style after... but depending which way your uterus is tipped (Im guessing back more) I conceived the pillow behind my butt way
October 21st, 2013, 03:03 AM
I'm sorry I just had to laugh at the putting your legs above your head thing DF would look at me funny for the pillow thing, I can only IMAGINE his reaction if I had to lie there after BD'ing holding my legs above my head. heheheh!

My Ovulation Chart
October 21st, 2013, 03:49 AM
Hahaha!! I can just see it now, laying there like a pretzel!
October 21st, 2013, 04:04 AM

My Ovulation Chart
October 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
or on all fours, butt up in the air for a bit, just hanging out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search