Get the Flu shot while TTC?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM
~*Tina*~
Just wondering if this is a good idea or no. I know (and agree) that pregnant women should be vaccinated but im unsure if you are waiting for ovulation/hoping for implantation, if the shot would affect anything. I think I might wait till i get AF after this cycle (or hopefully i wont???) and get it then. otherwise if I do get pregnant, I'll get the shot at some point, maybe at my first OBGYN appt. what do you ladies think or have you asked your drs?

7/12/13 @6w

October 21st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I've been playing with this idea too, but I Dont want it to effect my temps in case I get a fever from it. Also, I want to say that they don't give it during the first trimester if I remember correctly, I could be wrong though!

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 2/1/15!

October 21st, 2013, 07:33 AM
~*Tina*~
i got the shot at 8 weeks the last time i was pregnant, on my doctor's orders. and yeah, ive considered the fever/temp thing

7/12/13 @6w

October 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM
wifey2josh's Avatar Veteran
I'm getting the flu mist, it's safer...if I'm not pregnant this cycle.
October 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
~*Tina*~
the flu mist actually is a live, attenuated (weakened) flu virus so I'd personally stay away from that. the shot has inactivated (dead) flu virus. I just have read some people say it has delayed their ovulation, and some doctors have told people to not get it if they are ttc. idk what to do really.

7/12/13 @6w

October 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've gotten the flu shot while preggo more than once, but it's been later on in my pregnancies. I was thinking about this today too. I want to get the shot, but maybe I should see if I'm pregnant or not first. Or call and ask my OB office.
October 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
~*Tina*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyLover View Post
I've gotten the flu shot while preggo more than once, but it's been later on in my pregnancies. I was thinking about this today too. I want to get the shot, but maybe I should see if I'm pregnant or not first. Or call and ask my OB office.
yeah i just dont want to mess anything up with ovulation or possibly implantation if my immune system is working too hard or something..... if you call your dr let us know what they say!

7/12/13 @6w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search