How do I figure this all out?!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 2EverAfter
  • 1 Post By Decemberhill

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 03:12 PM
Veteran
Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to the boards but would love some help from you ladies. DH and I have been TTC for 4 months now. This past week I thought I was for sure pregnant since my period was/still is 6 days late, but a blood test today confirmed I am not

I was going to try temp charting, but had a few questions... my doctor actually told me that in her opinion it actually hindered women from conceiving due to the stress?! Has anyone else ever heard that and what is your opinion?
My second question is: since I work odd schedules I don't wake up at the same time each day, and I know you are supposed to take your temp when you first get up before getting out of bed.... is that going to effect the results for accurate charting?

TTC has been such an emotional journey so far. This is something we want so much, and I know it takes time, but if I can do anything to help better understand/improve our chances I'll do it!

ANY insight would be SUPER appreciated. (These boards are SO nice. The support you ladies give is awesome. GL to all of you and TY for taking the time to read this.)

October 23rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry you didn't get your BFP yet.. it's tough waiting. Charting can be fun or stressful. It's fun and you can learn about your cycle a lot, which could help in the long run. I think it gets to be too stressful when you are agonizing over every temp change trying to figure out if it has meaning. Not that I know what *that's* like... haha.

You could always try it for a month and see how it goes - is it making you too stressed/or not.

You do need to wake up and take your temp at the same time every day (within a 1/2 hour I think?) to make it accurate, and you need a minimum of 3 straight hours before testing. That's why I stopped, my DD kept waking up multiple times each night/early morning making it hard to chart.

Good luck! I hope you are blessed with a BFP very soon!
Catchastar101 likes this.

October 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2EverAfter View Post
Charting can be fun or stressful. It's fun and you can learn about your cycle a lot, which could help in the long run. I think it gets to be too stressful when you are agonizing over every temp change trying to figure out if it has meaning.

You could always try it for a month and see how it goes - is it making you too stressed/or not.
I agree. It is fun and interesting at the beginning, but then it does get stressful, especially around ovulation. But with that being said, I was always able to relax after I got my temp rise after ovulation. So, really...there was only about a week and half of being stressed about temps.

And ditto about the time of temping and accuracy. Although, I really wasn't strict about it since it was summer time when I was temping and my girls were out of school...so I woke at different times everyday. As long as I had a consistent night's sleep and didn't toss and turn...I would just record my temp whatever time I woke up. That worked for me.

Good luck and I really hope your stay here is short and you get your BFP soon!
Catchastar101 likes this.

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search