Pineapple core

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By katinagj
  • 1 Post By meld10

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2013, 05:23 PM
katinagj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Has anyone else tried the pineapple core after ovulation trick? Or did you this month? Just curious..

I did it this month. I've only done it once or twice before and it was before I got pregnant with my son. I'm 13 dpo... longest LP lve had in 4 years(not counting months I was pregnant or used progesterone supplements). Took a test last night and BFN but waiting to see if the witch shows tomorrow and Ill be testing again. Maybe it worked? I can dream right??

9-2009. 10-2009. 3-2012. 5-2012. 8-2012.

My Ovulation Chart

My blog: http://www.homemakerontheverge.blogspot.com/
October 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Decemberhill's Avatar Nicole
I have never heard of this...what does it do?

Mom to Ava (8) and Layla (6). Bennett Scott due May 19, 2014!
October 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Pineapple core has a lot of bromelain in it and it is supposed to help the egg stick. You cut the core out of a pineapple and cut it into 5 pieces. you eat 1 piece each day for 5 days(1-5dpo, though I know some people have had success with starting at 2 or 3 dpo). You dont eat the actual pineapple, or at least not too much of it because it can cause acidic cm. (Let your husband eat the extra pineapple or freeze it for smoothies later). I honestly dont know for sure how well it works, but I know of quite a few women among different online forums who had success with it, so I figured what do I have to lose.

My Ovulation Chart

October 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I tried last cycle but got a BFN. However I did get the flu on the day of ovulation and we didn't bd that day (and the following week lol poor BF) so I know the BFN probably had nothing to do with the pineapple core lol. I probably won't do it this time though just to see what happens.

It's suppose to help with implantation but I've also read contradictory info online (like that it thins the lining) but who knows! I don't think there are many clinical studies on the effect of pineapple to help implantation, maybe it does really help and there just isn't enough stats to back it.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 23rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
The core helps. The pineapple itself can thin the lining because it is so acidic it basically has the opposite affect. That's why they recommend just doing the core alone. But yeah it makes finding info confusing. Most things that seem to work these days though dont have a whole lot of testing done on them. It's because only companies that will make a profit off of it are going to pay for the testing to happen. I'm thinking Dole should jump in on this one, lol.
meld10 and rusticbythesea01 like this.

My Ovulation Chart

October 23rd, 2013, 08:17 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Huh, interesting! I've never heard of that! I would try it next cycle if I don't get a bfp on this one!
October 24th, 2013, 03:26 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Seriously what is Dole waiting for!!!
katinagj likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search