How long do you wait?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Libby22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM
GingerMomof3's Avatar Regular
I know we've only been ttc for a week but I know some of you can relate to being a bit impatient. I haven't gotten a good idea on when my exact cycle is yet. I had withdrawal bleeding with one heavy flow day for a few days shortly after removing my IUD a week ago. My question tho is, how long do you wait before taking a pregnancy test? I know right now is way too soon, but i dunno if I can stand the thought of waiting a whole month or two!? Lol. Just curious if anyone else is as impatient as I am already!

October 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
wifey2josh's Avatar Veteran
We've been trying for 6 months and I haven't been on Birth Control for about 5 years...it's frustrating. I don't test until after AF is due if it doesn't show up on time..sometimes I do test b/c I'm impatient, and I'll test on 12-14 DPO....I just don't like to be disappointed each time
October 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Do you know what your cycles were like before iud so you can estimate ovulation?? It's hard to tell this soon....have you been checking CM to see if it was fertile yet?? You my be approaching ovulation in the next few days, then therafter, you'd have to wait at least 9 days to test from the day you think you conceived.
October 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM
YellieBean's Avatar Veteran
I am probably one of the most impatient people ever (according to my husband anyway). I was on birth control for just over 10 years and we tried for 6 months before I got my BFP this month and I was at the point of thinking it would never happen! It's tough! I generally would just try to hold out and see if I missed a period and mine could be a bit wonky so I would sometimes just cave and start testing at 10DPO normally. If I thought I had symptoms, I might start at 8DPO because that's the earliest I have really seen anyone get a BFP. Are you using OPKs? Those really help get the ball rolling!
October 24th, 2013, 05:45 PM
GingerMomof3's Avatar Regular
I didn't realize you could potentially get a BFP after 9 days from when you think you conceived, that's awesome! Before the IUD my periods were like clockwork. I took a test when I found out i was pregnant with my DD 8 years ago because I was only 1 day late and that was really odd to me. and i only bled for exactly 6-7 days and then it would shut off like it never happened. I'm just so thrown off by what to expect because i haven't had a period the entire 6 years with the IUD. Also, (and I apologize for being so clueless with everything & if I'm being obnoxious with all the ?'s) but what does DPO, OPK, & CM stand for?) I'm guessing that AF means Aunt Flo? Tho if I'm wrong, I'm going to laugh so hard at myself, lol.

October 24th, 2013, 08:53 PM
wifey2josh's Avatar Veteran
DPO= Days Past Ovulation
OPK- Ovulation Predictor Kit
CM- Cervical Mucous

They can get confusing
October 24th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I buy 2 test kits, one on 12dpo and the other test when af is due
GingerMomof3 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af came 4 July nz time