just a few questions....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Mrs.MCH
  • 1 Post By meld10
  • 1 Post By aarafko
  • 2 Post By hopeful_girl55

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
I'm only currently on cycle 3 of ttc....the last two cycles I have went in with a...This is my month...attitude...I didn't the first month simply bc I know how rare it is for it to happen ur first shot...so I guess my question is what cycle of ttc are u on and have u lost that this is my month attitude...if yes when did u lose it...or does it just vary month to month...I like the confident feeling but sometimes it makes the let down of AF worse it seem...bc my first cycle when AF came I was a bit disappointed but ehhhh not really.
hopeful_girl55 and wvufan67 like this.
October 30th, 2013, 03:09 AM
meld10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you mean. I try to hide the feeling to myself .

As you now this is only my 2nd cycle TCC. I think the one thing that didn't help in my first cycle was testing way too earlier and thus having too much time to obsess on if I did or did not see a line. This time I'll try to minimize this by testing later.

Other than that, all I've found to do is try to keep busy and snap out of it when I start thinking ''If I have this baby in July....''. I allow myself to get a bit of hope but I don't want to get attached to it. I'll have plenty of time in the 9 months of pregnancy to start planning out the arrival of the baby, I just can't get too attached with a specific due date as there is no guarantee it will happen this cycle, just a small glitter of hope that it might.
Mrs.MCH likes this.

6/12/2013- 8 weeks
October 30th, 2013, 04:06 AM
aarafko's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think there's always a little voice that says "This could be my month" though I admit each month gets more and more discouraging. I am on my 13th month TTCing.
Mrs.MCH likes this.

May 2013 February 2014 July 2014
October 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This is my 15 cycle trying..Ugh I really hate saying that. The first like 7 months I was so confident and just knew every month that it was going to happen that month. Once I got passed that 7 month it got harder and harder to be confident about. I think every time in the back of my head I still say oh this just has to be it, its been so long I shouldn't have to wait much longer. But I know that the longer it taking me the more I feel its less likely for it to happen. I try to remain positive but at the same time its really hard to after over a year of getting AF. I'm not going to lie, each month gets more and more discouraging, and disappointing, and upsetting. But I will say it gets easier to deal with, your skin get thicker and you learn to move on quicker from getting AF. I used to be upset for about a week after getting AF, now I spend about a day being upset and then wipe the tears, pick myself up, and move on because I couldn't keep spending so much of my time being depressed because my body isn't doing what it was programmed to. I also had to learn to stop blaming myself. I think that was the biggest thing that helped me. If you take longer to conceive, its not your fault, you have done nothing wrong, you aren't a failure. Some things just take time, luck, and a bit of faith knowing that fate (or God depending on your beliefs) will give you only what you can handle and only when it is your time to have it.

Sorry, I started to ramble. But I have spent a lot of time thinking about things like this. I hope my 15 months of learning should do some good for someone else.
meld10 and Mrs.MCH like this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
October 30th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mrs.MCH's Avatar Veteran
Thank you for ur replies....I feel so confident every cycle but somewhere in the back of my mind I feel like its gonna take a while to have a successful pregnancy...I didn't have my first till 27 and had quiteacfew losses before then and also ine since just this past july wwhich is what triggered our ttc journey
October 30th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think my first month I was like okay, no birth control I know I am going to get pregnant. But once I didn't I started get this nagging feeling it was going to take a while. I guess always trust your gut, right?
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
October 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Regular
I'm only on my 2nd cycle of ttc. The 1st month I thought for sure it was going to happen & got a big let down when AF arrived. This month I don't have high hopes because I got a nasty cold & fever just before O & really wasn't up for BDing. Got the positive on the OPK the day I started feeling better & tried to make up for the lack of BD that night & the next, so we'll see. AF should be due today, and I'm pretty sure she'll be here.
October 30th, 2013, 01:17 PM
kto1111's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm on my 4th cycle now and each month I've felt less and less of the "this is my month" attitude. Which is funny because each month we've tried a little harder.

DD - Nov '11

DD#2 - EDD 9/29
October 30th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Gamer_Princess's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been TTC since Dec 2010.... I lost count on which month I am on BUT I recently started with my RE. I had a successful Clomid cycle that ended in early loss

October 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM
JennyForrest's Avatar 2014 IS OUR YEAR!
This was my first cycle of really tying, last cycle we did not understand anything about timing or ovulation. Why don't they teach this in school!?! We/I just started temping and using fertility friend so I have the attitude of next month, will be our month. I'm already feeling really depressed about AF arriving this month, but trying not to loose hope since it is so early.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search