Looking for some advice.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By dlammers
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By CharlaJoy
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By CharlaJoy
  • 1 Post By CharlaJoy
  • 1 Post By Sassafrass

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Veteran
I posted on another page and didn't get any responses so thought I would post here and since if anyone could give me any advice. I am a semi-healthy 24year old. I say semi-healthy bc I had some issues after I had my daughter that I have been still fighting, I am pretty sure they are all good now but I don't go back to the Dr for that until November. When my daughter was born my uterus hemorrhaged to the point of almost needed a blood transfusion. I have been suffering from iron deficiency anemia since then and also a few months ago they did some blood work and found that my foliate was low so I have been taking a folic acid supplement. I haven't been having any more symptoms from it so I feel as if I am over that hurdle but go back in November to have everything rechecked. My daughter is 18 months old. I had Mirena for right at a year and then had it removed because it was causing so many issues. I was irregular at first but quickly got right back to my normal 28 day cycle. My last period was on September 7th and I was due to start on October 4th. As of today (10/31/2013) I am 28 days late and due to start my next period today. I had taken several HPT in the beginning and never got a positive. Its been almost 2 weeks since I have done a test. If I'm not pregnant what could it be? I have never missed a cycle since I started having them. And is there still a chance a could be pregnant even though at 2 weeks late I wasn't testing positive? Just confused and don't want anything to be wrong with me. My husband and I do want more children and I am just not sure is at this age and never having missed a period is something can just all of a sudden start now? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
October 31st, 2013, 02:21 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well...I would love to say that it's still possible. But I really don't know. Do you track your ovulation? Is there any way you could have ovulated late or haven't ovulated yet? I am going through an unusually long cycle right now too. I use Fertility Friend to keep track of my cycles. Sometime it helps, sometimes it frustrates me. I guess I would say that if you don't usually have long cycles then make a call to the doctor. I hope that you are preggo though, but if not, hope you can get it figured out.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help. I just wanted you to know that even though we may not know the answers...it's still ok to come here and talk or ask questions and we will help you the best we can.
CharlaJoy likes this.

October 31st, 2013, 03:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay. I have no idea if it is possible but I sure hope it is. I am in a similar situation. I had very light bleeding and no cramping around the time I should have had my period but it stopped after 2 days and I have been feeling soo so off. I tested about a week and half after that "period" and it was negative. So for both of us, I hope its possible to be that late be pregnant and still test negative.
I have done a lot of researching and there is a lot of women that didn't test positive till later or not even at alll except on blood test.

Fxd its possible. Sorry I am not too much help either.
CharlaJoy likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
October 31st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Veteran
It may just be the Mirena removal is still messing things up? I had my Mirena removed end of August, had AF September 20-26 and then went 38 days before AF showed again Monday (Oct 28). I was on Mirena for only 8 months this time but was on it for 5 years prior to getting the first one out in Feb 2012 (got pregnant March 2012). Prior to that first Mirena I was a regular 30 day cycle for years and years, so I'm thinking this time it just messed me up a bit. Maybe if you still don't get AF by another week or two call your doctor to see what they say or get a blood test to make sure you aren't pregnant? Good luck!
October 31st, 2013, 08:48 PM
Veteran
I had mirena removed months ago and I've been regular for 3 months leading up being late.
November 1st, 2013, 06:28 AM
Veteran
I would definitely call your doctor. Good luck and keep us posted.
November 1st, 2013, 07:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea but good luck

November 2nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
Veteran
Thought I was going to have to say I was out last night had some light pink blood on tp last night but nothing more and nothing since. There is still hope however I talked to a personal friend who said she was over 2 months late before she got a BFP.
November 3rd, 2013, 07:07 PM
Veteran
I am so confused about what's going on with my body. I still haven't started my period. But again last night I wiped and had a little pink later on had sex and afterwards when I wiped after peeing more blood. I used a pad and havent had anything on it and all day when I wipe nothing. I'm so confused about what's going on.
November 3rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran
I'm sorry you're going through this I still think it would probably be best to see your doctor to see what he/she thinks?
November 3rd, 2013, 07:32 PM
Veteran
I have every intention of going to the Dr. The only thing holding me back is bc both my family Dr and ob are like 45 minutes away and I have today find a way there or wait until my husband can get off.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
November 4th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am going to the doctor today. I hope you get some answers! I know how stressful this situation is, I am right there with you.
CharlaJoy likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
November 4th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Veteran
Thank you. Let me know what they say! Good Luck to you. I went to a Drs office today bc of another issue and so I tried to ask them about it there and they kinda just blew me off and said well your urine pregnancy test was negative that's good and that was it. So I am extremely frustrated! I do have another appointment scheduled on Wednesday @ 2. Maybe I will get some answers then.
November 5th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Veteran
I am really hoping for some answers at my appointment tomorrow. I have completely missed one period (October) and I am 6 days late for a second period. I was supposed to start on Thursday (the 31st).I have thought a couple times I was going to start but nope nothing. Like I posted before I had those 2 days with some blood on the tp at night but never anything on a pad. I usually have pretty heavy periods for 3 days and then it gets lighter for 2 days. I always know before I start because I always get pretty bad cramps the day before I start. I have had some cramping but that has been going on since I missed my last month off and on and its never bad just annoying and I have a pretty low pain tolerance. I am having some pretty significant breast tenderness the past couple days compared to before as well as it seems like my bra is now too small and I just recently got new ones back in September. I also have noticed I have been taking a nap with my daughter the past couple days. Keeping my fingers crossed. I really really just want some answers.
November 5th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Good luck. I hope you get some answers.
CharlaJoy likes this.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

November 6th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Veteran
Well the evil witch has shown her face....exactly 63 days since my last period. Still going to my Dr today though. Going to get all my other blood work rechecked and then I'll discuss everything with my Dr
November 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Veteran
Ugh so sorry Hope you get some answers at your doctor's office. Good luck this cycle, my fingers are crossed for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search