More learning now on implant and hpt

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Libby22

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Timing of Implantation
A pregnancy test detects the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) either in the blood or in the urine. The hCG in the urine comes from the hCG in the blood after it was filtered through the kidney. After ovulation, the egg gets fertilized and travels through the fallopian tube toward the uterus. This travel takes an average of a week. Implantation, the attachment of the fertilized egg in the lining of the uterus, occurs on average about a week or later after ovulation/fertilization, but it can happen as early as six days and as late as 12 days after fertilization/ovulation. At the time of implantation the placenta starts making the pregnancy hormone hCG, which then enters the blood stream. How early pregnancy can be detected depends on the pregnancy hormone hcG which can be detected in the blood about three to four days after implantation. Urine hCG can be detected about two to three days after blood hCG can first be seen. Detection of hCG depends on timing of implantation, so hCG can normally be detected in the blood between nine and 16 days after ovulation (HPT: 12-19 days after ovulation).

So, to sum things up, some women may not experience implantation bleeding (if they experience it) until 12DPO. After that, the HCG hormone detected in early pregnancy tests wouldn't be able to be detected for another 5 days or so. This means that some women wouldn't get that BFP until 19DPO. I found this information very helpful!! I'm really hoping that i'm experiencing implantation bleeding!! Good luck and baby dust to you all!
bella88 and brandis like this.

15 feb last cycle- 24 days
11 march- 30 day cycle
New cycle 10 April nz time
November 18th, 2013, 04:25 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I really hope you are too!! That's great info! That explains why I didn't get an bfp with my daughter till almost a week after af was due!

Tags
2ww , am i pregnant , implantation bleeding , ttc 10dpo hpt bfn

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search