Looks like another long cycle....

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2013, 07:31 AM
wvufan67's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
CD 17 no ovulation...no peak on my fertility monitor and no + opk yet... so frustrated

November 26th, 2013, 07:36 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Ughh....I'm sorry your going through this. I forgot but did your dr give you something for your cycles? How long have you been on it? Metformin worked for me with dd. I had cycles like yours.
aStarIsBorn likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
I'm sorry Jessica, that must be so frustrating.

What are your Dr's doing for you? Wasn't there a plan in place?

[/URL]Renee
November 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Im sorry

Do you frequently have long cycles?

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

November 26th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It looks like its following much of the same pattern as last cycle. Fxd it doesn't take as long.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
November 26th, 2013, 07:49 AM
No my second round of blood test for my thyroid came back normal so i am on my own.. My obgyn won't do anything unless i try 12 months and it doesn't happen.. It seems like i used to have irregular cycles but they weren't as often as they are now that we're ttc...temping went great and showed me that i had some what normal cycles the first two times then after that it went down hill..I'm getting emotionally exhausted...these crazy cycles are taking a toll now this will be the third one in a row.. also cycle # 3 out of like 5 using the monitor with no peak on my fertility monitor..

November 26th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im so sorry, this is a rough road without all the extra crappy stuff like long cycles.
I wish I had more to say, but I would switch doctors. There is no point for you to waste a year with 50+ day cycles.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
November 26th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy

November 26th, 2013, 09:53 AM
~*Tina*~
i would switch doctors too. and did they test your tsh plus your t3 and t4? i just got my thyroid tested too just because of some symptoms ive been having (hair falling out, super tired all the time, joint pain, etc) and my tsh just came back normal but shes ordered some more tests to try to get to the bottom of it. it sounds like your doctor isnt too willing to help. i would switch. there has to be something going on making your cycles so long/wonky. anyone would be emotionally drained! i am sorry its been so rough for you.

7/12/13 @6w

November 26th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really really think you should try to see someone else. It is INSANE to me that no one would help you!!! You OBVIOUSLY have an issue ovulating!

I'm so sorry

Shop around, they work for YOU!!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

November 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
Don't you just hate a whacky cycle? I ovulated early! I praise Jesus my husband was home and we were just actively enjoying our time together and that i just happen to use preseed since we didn't have any ewcm! I hope you get a peak soon… I see some women on here ovulating late … have you spoke to a doctor about getting your cycles on track? or taking vitex maybe? You could start and see if that helps. I have an unopened still sealed bottle if you would like it? I could send it to you. Do some research on it and see if you'd like it. Suppose to regulate cycles, lot's of people see results within the first month.
wvufan67 likes this.
November 26th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Having a 50+ day cycle is by no means normal. Have to wait 12 months of TTC for them to step in seems ridiculous. Maybe get another opinion from another Dr with more compassion and who wants to be a little more active.

[/URL]Renee
November 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Veteran
I agree with the others you need a different doctor, that is just insane! I didn't ovulate this cycle till cd20 and I'm now 3 dpo, so I get how frustrating it is waiting for that **** peak! DH and I have been ttc for 5 months now and my doc has already put a plan in place for next cycle with Clomid and tests for both DH and I... That being said you deserve the same type of treatment from your doctor. I'm honestly upset for you, but I'm sending you the best of wishes and prayers!

My Ovulation Chart
November 26th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Regular
Waiting 12 months is the norm before doctors will step in to look for various causes of infertility. However, if you have been having irregular cycles that is a red flag which obviously shows there is a bigger problem and eliminates the need to wait the full year. If you aren't having regular cycles it is very hard to conceive. I agree with the other ladies that you should find another gyno. Also, don't give up hope yet for a positive OPK. Mine came on cycle day 23 last month. Good luck!
November 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks for all your kind words ladies.. I am going to look around and see if i can find a different gyno.. It seems like my body gears up to ovulate a few times before it actually does...I have a feeling i still have those cysts i got pinching feelings in my abdomen all day and every time i have it's been cysts..

Knewton-Thank you so much for the offer and i really appreciate it a lot but my husband ordered Inositol has anyone tried this?

November 26th, 2013, 08:22 PM
JennyForrest's Avatar 2014 IS OUR YEAR!
I agree with everyone else, look for a new doctor and don't take no for an answer. For my knee, I went to 4 doctors before one ordered an MRI! It was just a case of doctor hopping until I found someone to take my issues serious.
Cycle #9-10, on a break from TTC

November 27th, 2013, 05:03 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvufan67 View Post
my husband ordered Inositol has anyone tried this?
Yes I am on it now, but make sure it is Myo-inositol.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by jellybean93; November 27th, 2013 at 05:06 AM.
November 27th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybean93 View Post
Yes I am on it now, but make sure it is Myo-inositol.
Okay.. what hubby got is just inositol is that different?

November 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM
jellybean93's Avatar Super Mommy
Well, I didn't really know why lol I had just heard that there are different forms of inositol and to make sure to get the myo one. So I did a little googling for you to find out why and this is what I found...

"Myo inositol (which is regular inositol at the store) and D chiro inositol both have had success with helping women with pcos symptoms - mood swings, depression, anxiety, hair loss, acne, ovulation, etc. The difference between the two seems to be that the D chiro inositol (DCI) is the pure form of inositol as where the myo needs to be converted by the body to DCI. Some women's bodies do convert and some dont, so some choose the DCI form over the MYO, but others do take both supplements together or the MYO alone and still have results. "

"Some sites I have found say MYO inositol is more beneficial for ovulation then the DCI form, but both have benefits for ovulation. A dose of MYO is higher then DCI form - Myo usually around 2,000-4,000MG and DCI about 1200MG "

So in short: You probably already have the myo one and even if you didn't, it probably wouldn't matter I am sure you would be able to check on the back of the label to see which one it is though.

Here is the link to the site, some good info!

myo inositol vs d chiro inositol - ALL LADIES PLEASE READ!! | MyFitnessPal.com

What dosage are you taking? I am on 4000mg (half in the morning and the other half at night). I really hope it helps us shorten our cycles!! FX
wvufan67 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
November 27th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Thank you! I'll look when i get home but looks like either way i am good to go

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search