What's your TTC plan of action been?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By KellJoO
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By Sassafrass
  • 1 Post By rusticbythesea01
  • 1 Post By electriclids
  • 2 Post By Hopolka
  • 1 Post By KASHWORTH
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
So a little more about me. DH and I have a DD who'll be 13 months on the 11th. We conceived her in less than 2 months last year with a combo of temping (incorrectly), watching CM, and charting. I found myself stressing the entire time. Information/responsibility overload.

Any pointers this time around? I think my POA (plan of action) is to chart but this time only keep track of the following through FF:

-AF start/end
-CM

This way, I'll be able to see my window of opportunity but maybe not feel overwhelmed by missing a morning temp or potentially wasting an OPK. Idk, thoughts?
November 27th, 2013, 07:25 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get overwhelmed with temping as well. I told myself I wouldn't resort to that unless we got to a certain point and it wasn't working with just OPK's & charting. I did end up buying a basal thermometer, but I've been horrible about using it! So, for now, I'm back to just using OPK's and my little app on my phone.

I usually start doing OPK's around CD9 and continue through until I get a positive and it goes back to negative. Thats helped, but obviously doesn't confirm O. For me, my biggest struggle is getting my cycles back to "normal" after going back on the pill after a MC.

Hopefully you dont have too many wonky cycles after you stop your BC, and you can get into a good pattern! I think your plan sounds good- try to stay as low stress as you can..... easier said than done, I know!
Hopolka likes this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
November 27th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would also recommending checking CP. I know I get patches of EWCM after I know I O'd and long before I do. When I first started tracking I was checking my CM and CP at the same time every day and got a pretty good idea of when I was Oing.
Hopolka likes this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
November 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it sounds like a good plan.

November 27th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
Its easy to be relaxed the first few cycles you are ttc. The longer it takes, the more stressed you become.

I hope you get your bfp quickly and with little stress
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

November 27th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been overly stressed and I would say it's because this is our 5th cycle and I am 100% positive I am out this cycle. I temp and do OPK's and watch for cm but I think it is frustrating no matter what. Good luck
November 27th, 2013, 12:04 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I think that's a good plan. I don't tempt, I tried it one cycle & it got me too frustrated, so I just check CM & pay attention to my sex drive & nipple sensitivity. Oh, and pain on the ovary I'm O'ing from. Those are all sure signs for me. Good luck!!!!
Hopolka likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 01:13 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Last time I got pregnant, I was lax about my "fertile" window and went based off when my period was and a 28 day cycle. It took me 6 months.
I am with a different partner and I thought this time I'd try temping (6dpo in our first cycle) and I took my first temp this morning. I also bought some pre-seed. Can't hurt! If temping gets too annoying or stressful, I might stop for a while and see how our luck runs. I will definitely be paying way more attention to my CM as well.
I don't really want to spend the money on OPK's, so I won't resort to that until later if need be (hopefully not!)
Hopolka likes this.
November 27th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Thanks for all the feedback. It's useful to hear it from other people's perspectives too. Even though I tell myself we're not "actively" trying yet but simply NTNP. Let's be honest...I'm pretty excited to be potentially PG again within the next 6 months.
November 29th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im bding Monday wed and fri and maybe Monday again, im not doing opk, just want to be stressfree

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af came 4 July nz time
November 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
KASHWORTH's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get overwhelmed by charted CM because it's so open to interpretation and... ugh, well just thinking about how it used to stress me out stresses me out haha. I do temping and OPKs, if I were you not wanting to temp I would just use OPKs
Hopolka likes this.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
November 29th, 2013, 10:17 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm actually MORE stressed if I'm NOT temping! I'm like oh my gosh! Did I ovulate? Did I not? how many DPO am I? I'm late for my period! and on and on and on.

With temping, I know that I ovulated, I can be worry free about missing it and I know when to test

I do also do OPK's and I watch CM and CP. My CM is erratic so I can't base solely off of that. Like today I had creamy, sticky AND EWCM!! If I wasn't temping and using OPK's I wouldn't have known that the dominant one is EWCM
Hopolka likes this.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search