Starting Clomid... Need the lowdown

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Catchastar101
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By Catchastar101
  • 1 Post By verity
  • 1 Post By tucker12

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Veteran
Hey ladies!
Well Wednesday I'm starting my first cycle with Clomid. 100mg a day from CD5 to CD9.... Any input on what I can expect? I will be using wondfo opk tests, but don't know when I should start them and also I'm wondering how its going to affect my chart if at all? I don't get much CM, so that will be difficult to analyze.

ANY input would be greatly appreciated. I know many of you have taken this before so I hope you can give me all the info from personal experience. Hoping this will do the trick! I've always ovulated late CD20 or so, though I can only confirm this from last cycle when I charted and used digital opks.

Thanks and FX! We are READY for this to finally happen... Please God!
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
December 9th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no idea. But I'm really really excited for you this cycle

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 8 after 2nd tri miscarriage: trying that "relax and let it happen" method again... 3rd times the charm?

December 10th, 2013, 02:13 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I have no experiance with clomid either, but good luck to you!!! I hope you get your little miracle on the first round!!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
December 10th, 2013, 04:46 AM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
I have been on it before. For my 2nd child it worked the first month, this time I have been on it 3 months at 100 mg and I'm waiting to take a test until Friday. I didn't have any side effects and took it in the morning. Everyone is a little different though. Good luck! I hope this is your BFP cycle!
December 10th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do know a couple ladies that took all said it made them feel different. One, said it made her the crazy clomid monster and like KM081 said she is fine on it.
I hope you don't get any crazy side effects except a BFP! I have everything crossed for you!
Catchastar101 likes this.
Stay positive and stress free. Enjoy yourself.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 10th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was fine on clomid, I never had any side effects and I took it at night because I am prone to headaches and I knew of a few ladies who had severe headaches while taking clomid and had suggested taking it at night lessened the severity of the headaches.But clomid really messed up my cycles, I had a 50 cd cycle after taking clomid. Good luck and I have everything crossed you get your

[url=http://daisypath.com][/ur
December 10th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Veteran
Thanks ladies! I'm hopeful it will work and not make me too crazy
My doc warned DH that I might be moody, but we will see I guess! FX!!!

My Ovulation Chart
December 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I took 50mg of clomid this cycle days 5-9. I didn't really have any issues on it at all. I'm sure it didn't work for me this cycle, but no side effects either.

Cycle 18 ttc

My Ovulation Chart
December 10th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have never taken more than 50 mg and it did not make me ovulate. I'm hoping to try 100 mg soon. Good luck!!

Oh, and I didn't have any side effects!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167

December 10th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It made me irritable and cranky (and that was just 50 mg) and it also made me O later in my cycles. It also dried up my CM. I don't know if your dr is going to monitor you while taking this but it is a good idea for them to do that. I wasn't aware of this when I took it last year and I really wish I would have known that. I don't want to scare you but one of the things that can happen (although not to all women) is thin out your uterine lining and make it hard for a fertilized egg to implant.

The ladies on the TTCMA board have a lot of knowledge about using Clomid as well as other meds that help with O'ing. It would be a good idea to go to that board and read that information. I also think there is a way you can search the boards to find threads about Clomid.

I hope I didn't offend you by posting this but I just want you to be aware of some of the risks of using Clomid. I just wish I would have known about the problems that it can cause before I ever used it!!

My Ovulation Chart
December 10th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here are a couple of threads that I found about using Clomid on the TTCMA board:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...questions.html (New to clomid - questions)

and

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f7...questions.html (More Clomid questions)

My Ovulation Chart
December 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Amber76's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Amber76
I have never taken it but I wanted to say good luck, I hope this is your cycle!

Katerina 01/10/07 Gabriella 12/29/09 2012 2013
December 10th, 2013, 07:14 PM
KMO81's Avatar Krista
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the dry cm…we used Preseed this cycle.
December 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Veteran
Thanks ladies. We bought some preseed for this cycle and I just had my CD3 blood work done yesterday. It seems people are 50/50 about Clomid,... I'm gonna stay as positive as I can and be very serious about how it affects my body. FX!
Danielle.W likes this.

My Ovulation Chart
December 10th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Super Mommy
Both my kids were conceived on Clomid and I never had any noticable side effects. I conceived my first on cycle 1 with 50 mg of clomid. Four years later I conceived on cycle 2 with 100mg, miscarried and conceived again the following month. Now, I am 40, TTC #3 and hoping clomid will work for me again.

Good luck!
December 11th, 2013, 05:57 AM
KayM's Avatar Veteran
I also took Clomid on cd5-9 and was successful the first month. I drank a LOT of water to help with CM, used preseed, took mucinex around O time. No real side effects except a little break out on my face, but I took it before bed also.

Good luck, hope this is your BFP cycle!
December 11th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
I heard its good to take CoQ10. Always. But also with clomid. Gives you a better lining.

Cycle 18 ttc

My Ovulation Chart
December 11th, 2013, 12:10 PM
tucker12's Avatar Regular
I just finished my fifth round of 100 mg of clomid, but I take it cd 3-7. I've demonstrated successful ovulation every month, but still no bfp! I'm hopeful it will happen soon. I'm expecting to O tomorrow on this 5th round.

Every where I read says to only take it for 6 months but my Dr. seems to think otherwise. I asked her about cervical cancer and she said the chances or so slim, it's not even worth worrying about. She said women who never get pregnant their whole live's have as much chance of cervical cancer as prolonged use of clomid. I think her explanation was becuase women who never get pregnant (and who O regularly) never have periods in their live's that they didn't O. And that's why they say clomid increases your chance of cervical cancer. But she did say 12 months MAX she would keep me on it. But since I've demonstrated successful ovualtion and still no baby, she referred me this month to an RE and I will be seeing her next month most likely!

But back to your question... The only side effects I had was night sickness the first 2 months. Now nothing. I take 1 pill with breakfact and 1 with dinner. I took mucinex last month to help with CM but it didnt' seem to help much so we added preseed this month. We've been using it every time we bd so hopefully it works!! I will know in about 2.5 weeks!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search