Concerns about TTC

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone!

I am new to these boards and am currently looking for some guidance maybe from someone who is in a similar situation.

My boyfriend I have been TTC for about 3 months now. We have been together for 5 years, and have taken no precautions against pregnancy in over 4. For some reason, we have just not gotten pregnant yet. I have been tracking my cycle for more than these 3 months and we have been TTC within a 5 day window of ovulation. I feel hopeless.

I am 24 and in good health, no history of infertility in my family or anything of the sort. Is there any suggestions you could give me? What is really the best way to track your cycle? Should I be concerned?
December 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A lot of us use Fertility Friend (Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting). I temp and sometimes use OPK's. If you want to hit all areas of tracking you could: temp, use opk's, check cervical position, check cervical mucous. There is probably so much more, but that's what I can think of right now. I am sure there will be others responding that know so much more. Good Luck!

December 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well basically She said what I was going to.
Good luck girl. And this is the best place to be!

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 13th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Thanks ladies, I am happy to have someone here with me..I was beginning to feel very alone.

Fortunately/unfortunately I have been keeping track of cervical position and mucous. I think that if after this cycle (which should end around 12/19) and the next I still have no luck we will try something else. Perhaps temperature charting.

I never thought trying to get pregnant could feel like this
December 13th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran
I understand exactly how you feel. Firstly welcome! I found my way here a couple months ago after 3 months of ttc, and I am SOOO glad I did. This is a journey and it sucks feeling alone.

For me personally I started temp charting and I love it. It gives me a sense of control and makes it easier to understand my cycle, so I highly recommend giving it a try!

GL to you!!

My Ovulation Chart
December 14th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Courtney
I'm kind of in the same boat as you, ethereal! My DH and I have been TTC for well over a year now, we are both young and in fairly good health, no history of infertility- actually my family is kind of known for being extra fertile! I thought I would get pregnant right away, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't know why.
December 14th, 2013, 09:47 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I think the other ladies pretty much covered everything. I just wanted to wish you luck & hang in there, it will happen...easier said than done though. We all know how frustrating it can be but we can support each other here.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d

Tags
help topic , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search