TTC and DTD - How Much?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
So yeah, when TTC, DTD is the funnest and sometimes the most stressful part of it. I love having fun with DH, but it's hard to try to get a session in every day - or every other day. Especially for months on end. I mean it's great - but it's hard to try to not make it feel like a chore, you know?

So we are on our 4th cycle of trying..here's breakdown of patterns.

1st Cycle (38 Days)- Really Not Trying Not Preventing, no ovulation tracking except for checking for egg-white-cervical mucus

2nd Cycle (28 Days)- Again, a bit sporatic, a bit more determined this time but still had spacing between days when we should have been DTD

3rd Cycle (22 Days) - DTD every other day, tracking ovulation with OPKs (never got a positive) then around fertile time as estimated by an online calculator, DTD every day. After that passed we were just DTD every couple of days..

So here we are on our 4th cycle, been DTD every day for the past 2 days post period - it came a week earlier then anticipated. I have also been BFing these cycles, but nearly have my 15 month old weaned (except for one early morning feeding when I am tired) so I am really hoping to be successful this month. I have been getting my cycles pretty regularly, had my IUD removed in Sept so.. fingers crossed!

Anyways, how much do you ladies DTD before your BFP? I have never had luck having sex 'willy nilly' and luckily catching an egg. It seems it's always taken alooot of trying.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
December 14th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Veteran
We are trying to dtd every day during the week I should ovulate. I should o sometime sometime next week. Starting Monday we will dtd every night. Up until then it's about every other day. Not sure if this will work, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
December 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did it everyday with my first, with my 2nd was cd12 and cd17.

I try all mix but still not working, its base on luck I think, i'm need of good luck

af came dec 18 Fri nz time, cycle 25
December 14th, 2013, 03:14 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Starting CD 8 I am BD every other day and then I'll start using OPK's on CD 10. When it's positive we will BD that night and 2 additional nights. then we'll skip and do one more night to cover any gap.

I read this in a short book called sperm meets egg. Supposedly it's supposed to cover all the "gaps" ... we'll see!
December 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Veteran
I just got a positive on my FRER test this morning (9dpo) and this is the 2nd pregnancy where we only dtd 2 days before ovulation and caught the eggie

I mean we always PLAN to dtd every other day but every month that we tried it just never worked out that way because I end up falling asleep or dh ends up complaining that I treat him like a piece of meat lol

So I am POSITIVE that 2 days before ovulation and nothing else is enough. U can take a look at my current chart and my chart from 2006 if u can still see that one.

Last edited by bklynmomma; December 15th, 2013 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Add a link
December 15th, 2013, 07:26 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Wow, Congratulations! I want to see your test!!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search