Getting Frustrated waiting to O

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Jessghetti

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2013, 10:19 AM
JennyForrest's Avatar Hoping & Praying
It's now CD18 and still have not ovulated and I'm starting to get really frustrated with all the negative OPK's. My temp has been almost the same for 3 days now and my cervix can't make up its mind. One part of the day its is so high and soft I can almost not find it, and other times it is low and firm. What's happening? Also, when my cervix is high and soft, it's shifted so far to the left side, some times I can't find it at all. I mean so far left it's almost right under where my ovary would be. Is this a bad thing? What's happening?
December 19th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm I'm not sure. Have you been more stressed lately?

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
December 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont have advice for you but I'm sorry you're dealing with that! Hang in there, I hope things normalize for you soon!
December 19th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure about too much more stress then normal. I had final exams from December 4th to the 11th and DH and I were having some problems from 13th-17th. I really thought I would have O'ed by now, but PRK's are still negative. :-( Starting to worry it's not going to happen this cycle.
December 19th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
oh no!!!!!! What brand of OPK are you using? I used IC this last cycle and they were completely negative until BOOM positive.

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

December 19th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
Here is some advice I've found..

Cervical Position - isn't an indicator for when you may Ovulate or not, as it can shift due to various reasons, like your bowels or bladder. Now while it may be high and open during ovulation - you should be checking your cervical mucus not necessarily position.

Ovulation Predictor Kits - Only work detecting your LH Surge - which only lasts for a few hours and doesn't always accurately pinpoint ovulation. It is using OPK's, Temp-Charting, Checking for Egg-White Cervical Mucus and being in tune with your body.

When you ovulation you are more likely to be aroused, wet throughout the day, have engorged genitalia, egg white cervical mucus, a drop in temperature - the egg only lasts 12 - 24 hours, so having sex prior is key - yes you should probably be DTD on your O day and a few days after for good measure. But it takes time to get so intune with your body - also if you have secondary fertility issues, such as PCOS it can mess up when you ovulate.

The key is, enjoy sex with your partner, have fun, have sex often (every other day or every day, but importantly when you are aroused as they may indicate ferility) you can try charting if you feel anxious - but remember it takes 3-6 months on average for couples to conceive, so unless you've hit that mark don't stress so much.

Are you having normal periods? Have you tried seeing a doctor to make sure your hormones are in balance? Also if your husband is masturbating it will diminish his sperm-count - so he should only be ejaculating when having sex.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
December 19th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I'm using Target and Walgreens brand OPK's. Same as last cycle.

I'm checking CP, CM, and temping. I have not gotten a temp spike this cycle. I'm using OPK's 2x a day. Once in the morning, and once in the late afternoon.

I checked out just fine, blood work, and exam all normal. Cycles are always 30 days +- a day or 2.

DH just had blood work done today and will get the results in the next 3 days. Unfortunately, he also injured his back today and x-ray shows a slipped disk so he is in a lot of pain which will make BD very difficult.

I can feel when I ovulate. I get a sharp pain on one side, have feel really WET for 2-3 days before and then Eggwhite cm. Nothing so far this cycle/
December 19th, 2013, 07:58 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I don't have any advice but I hope you O soon hun!

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

December 20th, 2013, 02:50 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I'm not sure what's going on. I think my cervix moves to the left too sometimes because I can feel that dtd at a slanted to the left angle is better at different times of the month. It is weird!! I hope you o soon.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
December 20th, 2013, 05:49 AM
BabyX's Avatar TTC #2
Sounds to me like you're doing all you can to detect O. Hopefully that little egg breaks free soon. Sorry that it's taking it's sweet time this cycle.

Thank you JMC1988 for my awesome signature!
December 20th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Wish I could offer some advice Just sending my positive thoughts that you will O soon!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

December 20th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This must be very frustrating! Hope you O soon!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thank you again everyone. I'm just about ready to give up on OPK's. I've used 2 packs this cycle testing 2x a day. My OPK's are getting lighter the last 3 days. Today there was almost no line at all in the test box. :-/ My temp has also been the same for the last 3 days too. Ugh! We have BD 3 days in a row now to be safe in case I O, but I think we will will just take a break for a few days...
December 21st, 2013, 06:48 AM
My temp dropped again! I normally have a 30 day cycle, and it looks like the window is closing on this one. :-( Looks like an O free cycle, didn't think this would ever happen to me. DH is trying to be supportive and saying we still have next month, but I'm really bummed that my body is doing this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search