How frustrating

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
So for the last two years I have struggled with getting a good nights rest due to leg spasms. I have them because I am a paraplegic and something in my spine is telling my nerves something but my brain isn't getting the signal… so I get these sweet leg spasms that annoy me and make sleep impossible.

A few months ago I found the cure in a medication called Baclofen…. I found out today through research after I have stopped ovulating and have normal cycles that this pill is called a GABA which effects the secretion of LH hormones… DANGIT!!!!!

I of course started my period yesterday ( THANK YOU JESUS) after a 41 day anouvulatory cycle …I am slowing going off them in the next 5 days and am hoping my cycles get on track. I am going to go get my blood drawn here soon too and we are getting a SA … but now i feel like i went to the dr to complain about all this stuff and really this pill is causing all the issues. Baclofen isn't very popular so I doubt she would know any of the research on it.

Please pray that going off this pill will help me get back to normal
December 20th, 2013, 01:49 PM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will be praying for you! Hopefully things will get back to normal for you without having to be uncomfortable or in pain.

December 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That really stinks!!! You finally found something that works but it messes with your hormones! At least you found out now and not several months into this ...or years.

Best of luck to you that getting off this medication will help you out with getting pregnant!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
December 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Oh my gosh! I can't believe the doc that gave you that prescription didn't warn you about such side effects! Here's hoping that things get back to normal very soon

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

December 20th, 2013, 02:13 PM
electriclids's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I hope that helps!! FX that it's the fix you need
December 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm...do you know if you'd be able to get back on it once you've conceived? Seems a shame that you would have to go back to losing sleep!

Make a pregnancy ticker
December 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I will be praying that it was just that dang pill all along. I'm sure it was if that's a side effect of it.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
December 20th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Oh! How frustrating for you I hope that going off the medication will get your cycles back on track and that your leg spasms will stay away!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

December 20th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I can't be on it during a pregnancy but dealing with leg spas and for a year isn't a big deal when you have a baby . I guess it causes your pituitary gland to secrete prolactin too! So wish I knew this . I hope it doesn't take long to start oing !
December 21st, 2013, 05:41 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I know, I hope you o right away! I would google it and see how long it takes for the medication to be completely out of your system.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
December 21st, 2013, 05:53 AM
topato's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wait, thats kind of amazing. it sucks that you might have leg spasms again, but you just found the simple explanation for your long cycles! im so happy that you figured it out, and i hope coming off that medication puts you back on track!
December 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
That's crazy! I hope you get your cycles on track after coming off of it although it does stink to deal with the leg spasms.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search