What's your plan next cycle?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 7th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyForrest View Post
I need to do this too. I looked at myself naked today, and I was so upset with myself! I know I have packed on 10+ pounds over the last 3 months. I'm starting to count calories again. I would love to shift some weight before we get pregnant or I'll end up huge. Being an emotional eater is really hard. I need to take control. I'm also not testing like crazy anymore. This cycle I only tested 2x and I was really proud of myself! This cycle, not until 14DPO (pre AF spotting happens at 12-13DPO). Anyone else just starting or about to start a new cycle? Mine officially starts 1/8. Today was the pre AF brown yucky spotting. I can always tell when AF is near. 1-2 days before I get so hungry I feel like I'm literally starving. No matter how much food I eat my stomach growls and feels empty. I normally eat everything in sight without realizing it's because of AF coming. Charting really helped me identify the trend. Anyone else do this too?
I'm starving usually the week prior to AF . I get super sore bb and Want sweet food too
January 8th, 2014, 06:47 AM
lfavorite83's Avatar Veteran
Well this will be our third month TTC, and last month I didn't stick with my opk long enough (I quit after a week and a half because I thought I missed my surge by starting too late in the cycle...turns out I didn't and had an 11 day luteal phase. WTH!! This time I'm just going to keep using the opk for as long as it takes - it's been challenging since AF is irregular (was always that way until I went on the pill for 6 years to help), and now that I'm off it, it's been swinging from 22 days to 30 days, cycles getting longer each month. I'm hopeful that it's "course correcting" and will settle into a regular cycle, but in the meantime I'm just going to eat the costs of the opk's so I know when I'm ovulating at least!

Good luck everyone...tomorrow is cd1 for me, so here's to a new cycle
January 8th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This month is our first Clomid cycle. Ill be taking OPKs. guaifenesin , Apple cider vinigar tablets and preseed thou only a little bit! I might get some accupuncture too if I have any spare money this month!
THE angry uterus likes this.
January 8th, 2014, 07:38 AM
~*Tina*~
AF started today full force for me. i get the pre-AF wanting to eat everything in sight thing too! im bummed about another cycle not being pregnant but now that im over the sadness im just ready to get going. this cycle im not doing ANYTHING other than just BDing during the fertile time. not even gonna go crazy with that either. OH! and im eating royal jelly 2x per day too
Mslily1125 likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

January 8th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
Next cycle we start TTC!

I will be on clomid CD3-7, rephresh every three days, CBEFM in the morning, OPKs in the evening, baby aspirin, antihistamine...!!!

Doesn't antihistamine dry up your CM ? Whats CBEFM?
January 8th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaquiltthief View Post
Doesn't antihistamine dry up your CM ? Whats CBEFM?
Yes, its part of my girl sway. CBEFM is my clear blue easy fertility monitor. I'll use it in the morning (along with OPKs since clomid can potentially screw up results) and OPKs in the afternoon.

January 8th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
Yes, its part of my girl sway. CBEFM is my clear blue easy fertility monitor. I'll use it in the morning (along with OPKs since clomid can potentially screw up results) and OPKs in the afternoon.
Interesting...what does the CBEFM monitor exactly, and how is it different from OPKs? I've been struggling with this the last two cycles on Clomid - it keeps giving me false positives on CD12-ish. This month, I knew better than to really fall for it (though we BD anyway just in case lol).

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 8th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mslily1125 View Post
Interesting...what does the CBEFM monitor exactly, and how is it different from OPKs? I've been struggling with this the last two cycles on Clomid - it keeps giving me false positives on CD12-ish. This month, I knew better than to really fall for it (though we BD anyway just in case lol).
The monitor is similar to the clear blue easy advanced OPKs, only it's supposed to "learn" your cycles after a few mo. Anyway, it detects both LH and estrogen and when they both rise you have high fertility. When they reach a certain level you peak and have a peak on the monitor. Like OPKs, you can have a high/peak reading and still NOT ovulate, but it shows your body tried to. I've had a positive OPK before with a low reading on my fertility monitor. I ended up peaking the next day.

Clomid can make FMs read high/peak and give false reading cause your estrogen levels rises as a result of the clomid. PCOS can cause consistently high readings too cause of the elevated estrogen trying to get your body to ovulate. I'm only using the monitor cause I have it. If I were you, I'd stick to just using OPKs. They are far cheaper and just as reliable IMO.

January 8th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! All very interesting...I may keep it all in mind if we pass our 1 year mark of TTC. For now, I feel like I'm already dedicating so much of my time and energy to TTC that if I add any more to my plate, I may end up counteracting all the good with too much stress!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search