What's your plan next cycle?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2014, 09:27 AM
JennyForrest's Avatar Hoping & Praying
So BFN at 12DPO along with a temp drop this morning.

Next cycle I'm still going to temp, use softcups and preseed. But this time I'm going to focus on me. I have not been working out or watching my diet because I had been worried it could have some negative effect if I got pregnant. So I'm going to start counting calories and working out hardcore again. I'm not having a procedure done on my knee to help me run until the 17th, but I have plenty of strong pain killers to help be get through it until then.

I hate to say this, and DH disagrees but I don't want a winter baby so if it does not happen this next cycle we are moving on to NPNT. We have well over a foot of snow right now, and it's -14. Getting to a hospital to deliver in this weather would be very difficult. I also worry about my child's birthday parties. No one is going to want to go to a kids birthday party in the middle of the winter when it's ice cold out and snowing. And with the holiday's, getting people to show up would be difficult. I really don't want an October baby but going to try anyway. Both my birthday and our anniversary are in october...

Ugh, I never thought TTC would be so hard. I guess it's karma. We did everything we could to prevent pregnancy for over 9 years, and I feel like it's caught up with us. I feel like I'm broken or being punished. Plus we found out DH has low T, so that does not help us feel better.

I send prayers and baby dust to everyone on here TTC.
January 6th, 2014, 09:34 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
Ughh, I'm sorry this might not be your cycle. I don't want a winter baby either, and the point about their birthday party I didn't even think about. If it doesn't happen this cycle or next, we will ntnp as well for a couple months.

This cycle, since I'm about to o...using opk's, preseed, drinking lots of water, and pineapple core. (this will be my 1st cycle using preseed & pineapple core, so I hope it works!!!)

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
January 6th, 2014, 09:41 AM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing the same thing I have the other cycles. Temping and OPK's. We're "just" on cycle 3, I know it can take time. So my plan is to be patient, I know it will happen.

I'm sorry it doesn't appear to be your cycle!
FWIW, I have lots of friends with winter birthdays (or their kids) and I always go to their parties through snow and cold Has never ever impacted their parties. I actually love the idea of a winter baby. A nice snuggly warm newborn <3 Plus this time of the year is magical to me, that would make it even more special. Also, I love the idea of not being huge and pregnant in the summer! hah
Kissthegirl likes this.

January 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
dlammers's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whenever my next cycle starts I am going to be doing CD 3 bloodwork and then a hysteroscopy on around CD 7 or 10 or something like that. I won't temp or anything and just hope that my cycle isn't as long as these last two.

January 6th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Knewton's Avatar Super Mommy
I am not going to change anything that I've been doing… though I should have some answers from the doctors in the next few weeks so maybe we will be doing something different. I o'ed this cycle which I am happy about and my husband said I felt "different" softer and wetter up their when i was o'ing … so I pray it means something. His whole philosophy is that its up to God not us… and he is right. But I would like to know that everything is in good working order before i drive myself bonkers with the what if's
JennyForrest likes this.
January 6th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry this isn't your cycle.
I wouldn't mind a winter baby. Although we have over a foot of snow right now but with my 4 wheel drive truck its not hard to get any where and the hospital is only 10 min in good weather from my house.
I just want to get pregnant and any month that happens in is totally fine by me! lol

This month, idk what my plan is. I've done so many different things and nothing has worked. I have no clue where to go from here.
Kissthegirl likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
January 6th, 2014, 10:42 AM
brandis's Avatar Super Mommy
This cycle is pretty fresh. I'm taking my shortest cycle and longest cycle, subtracting 14 and BDing every other day between those two numbers... maybe a few extra after just in case.

I'm trying temping, but my dog ate my thermometer gotta get a new one!

Married to Josh

Mom to Jaiken and Anya

TTC #3 after a Tubal Reversal (9/26/2013)

Cycle #11

My Ovulation Chart
January 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
I looked at your chart...don't loose hope yet sweetie! Not until AF shows. Plus, you seem to be temping at various times, so that can make a pretty significant difference in how accurate your chart is!

This is my chart the cycle I conceived my DD:

I TOTALLY was convinced I wasn't pregnant (along with the fact we were NTNP).

I really don't want a winter baby either. The winters here are SO harsh. I'm also prone to seasonal depression, so that may increase my risk of PPD that time of year.

We also may be NTNP if things don't happen in the next couple of cycles. Blah. I wish we would have decided to TTC earlier!

Good luck! I am still hopeful for you yet!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

Last edited by Urchin; January 6th, 2014 at 10:55 AM.
January 6th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would love a winter baby because the coldest it gets here is around 30 degrees F and I've never seen it snow here. Our summers are brutal.

My plan is to get my lab work done and get DHs SA redone and see where we stand. In February we will either do an ovulation-induction cycle or an IUI.

I'm sorry this wasn't your cycle. I know how heart breaking the waiting game is. I really hope this next cycle leads to your BFP!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

January 6th, 2014, 12:59 PM
Sassafrass's Avatar Running Mamma
At this point I don't care when my baby is born, as long as I get to have one.

Not sure my plan this cycle. I don't know if Im going to do clomid again this cycle, or give soy a try again(had success with it before).
Kissthegirl likes this.

Brady('97)
Olivia('98)
Gavin('00)
Jaiden('03)
Gage('05)
Sloan('10)
Silas('11)
and 3 in my heart(3/13, 6/13 & 9/13)

Cautiously expecting our precious rainbow baby 02/18/15

January 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
I'm working on trying to get my sleep schedule straight this week (going to bed at a normal time and waking up at a normal time) so I can start temping the last few days of this cycle and next cycle. I might do the OPKs again next cycle, too.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

January 6th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticbythesea01 View Post
This cycle, since I'm about to o...using opk's, preseed, drinking lots of water, and pineapple core. (this will be my 1st cycle using preseed & pineapple core, so I hope it works!!!)
We have been using preseed as lube all 3 cycles, and no luck. We tried only once to use the 1/2 amount suggested, but it was so wet, Dh could not feel anything so we had to wipe it up. Its great at lube though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicFanatic79 View Post
I'm doing the same thing I have the other cycles. Temping and OPK's. We're "just" on cycle 3, I know it can take time. So my plan is to be patient, I know it will happen.

I'm sorry it doesn't appear to be your cycle!
FWIW, I have lots of friends with winter birthdays (or their kids) and I always go to their parties through snow and cold Has never ever impacted their parties. I actually love the idea of a winter baby. A nice snuggly warm newborn <3 Plus this time of the year is magical to me, that would make it even more special. Also, I love the idea of not being huge and pregnant in the summer! hah
We are just about to finish cycle 3, and for us it's more like "It's been 3 cycles!!!!" We never expected it to take this long since it seams that everyone in our life get's pregnant so easy. I honestly hate the holidays, never had any good memories as a child. Maybe having a winter baby could make the holidays a joyous time for me. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
I looked at your chart...don't loose hope yet sweetie! Not until AF shows. Plus, you seem to be temping at various times, so that can make a pretty significant difference in how accurate your chart is!
My temp times are all between 6:30 and 7:30am, so not a huge difference in time. I take my temp every time I wake up, so even if I fallback asleep I take it when I wake up again, and it's normally the same even if I only got another hour of sleep. I wish you were right though. I've been moody and ****** all day, and craving chocolate which is a sign AF is coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMama View Post
I'm working on trying to get my sleep schedule straight this week (going to bed at a normal time and waking up at a normal time) so I can start temping the last few days of this cycle and next cycle. I might do the OPKs again next cycle, too.
I always wake up around the same time for temp taking, just been a little off because I have been waking up really hot and thirsty the last week. I would LOVE to get to a point where I go to bed at the same time every night. Right now it's anywhere from 11pm-2am.

Last edited by JennyForrest; January 6th, 2014 at 05:39 PM.
January 6th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH is saying he doesn't want a baby in Sept, or Oct or Dec. So that leaves us Nov or Jan.

I feel what he's saying. If we conceived this cycle then the baby will be 2 days after DD's birthday :-/

Sorry that your temp dipped. I hope it shoots back up tomorrow!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

January 6th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle.W View Post
DH is saying he doesn't want a baby in Sept, or Oct or Dec. So that leaves us Nov or Jan.

I feel what he's saying. If we conceived this cycle then the baby will be 2 days after DD's birthday :-/

Sorry that your temp dipped. I hope it shoots back up tomorrow!
Thanks Danielle. I would have hope if I had some sort of symptom. But everything I had is now gone. Only thing left is waking up wide awake in the middle of the night with a really hot back and thirsty.

My DH could care less when we have a baby. It could be Christmas, New Years, his birthday, our anniversary, etc.. He's not too thrilled with the idea of NTNP after cycle 4. He's worried that if we stop trying so hard, that it may never happen. He also blames himself for us not being pregnant because he has low T. He has always had a fear something was wrong with him and he would not be able to have children.

Ugh I'm starting to feel cramps on my right side, AF is on her way... Feels like it will happen tomorrow morning. Sucks.
January 6th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh :'( That's so lame!!! Those first few days after AF comes are soooo depressing

We dont have the winter problem here....because it's basically ALWAYS winter lol! If we chose not to have a winter baby that would eliminate Sept - May! hahaha

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

January 6th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Going to chart, unsure if i want to try hate the bfns

af came sep 24 wed nz time
January 7th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Next cycle we start TTC!

I will be on clomid CD3-7, rephresh every three days, CBEFM in the morning, OPKs in the evening, baby aspirin, antihistamine...!!!
MusicFanatic79 likes this.
January 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My plan is to STOP paying so much attention & stressing and to focus on ME and being healthy. I think shedding some LBS will be very helpful and a good self esteem boost. No more testing of any sort (unless I'm late) and time to get my booty in gear!!!
brandis and MusicFanatic79 like this.
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
January 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't decided if I want to start temping again. I'll track cm and use opks and we'll bd according to the Sperm Meets Egg Plan.

January 7th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellJoO View Post
My plan is to STOP paying so much attention & stressing and to focus on ME and being healthy. I think shedding some LBS will be very helpful and a good self esteem boost. No more testing of any sort (unless I'm late) and time to get my booty in gear!!!
I need to do this too. I looked at myself naked today, and I was so upset with myself! I know I have packed on 10+ pounds over the last 3 months. I'm starting to count calories again. I would love to shift some weight before we get pregnant or I'll end up huge. Being an emotional eater is really hard. I need to take control. I'm also not testing like crazy anymore. This cycle I only tested 2x and I was really proud of myself! This cycle, not until 14DPO (pre AF spotting happens at 12-13DPO).

Anyone else just starting or about to start a new cycle? Mine officially starts 1/8. Today was the pre AF brown yucky spotting. I can always tell when AF is near. 1-2 days before I get so hungry I feel like I'm literally starving. No matter how much food I eat my stomach growls and feels empty. I normally eat everything in sight without realizing it's because of AF coming. Charting really helped me identify the trend. Anyone else do this too?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search