Another BFN

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 04:53 PM
HopingForLittleFeet's Avatar Veteran
I tested this morning... BFN. I didn't see anything. I could have swore there was a shadow yesterday, granted I held it from the time I woke up until early afternoon before I tested yesterday. I'm 9 DPO so this makes me feel like I am definitely out... I don't want to believe that I'm out but I feel like if I wasn't out, I would see SOMETHING by now. I'm really bummed
January 14th, 2014, 05:08 PM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You're not out.

9dpo is REALLY early. If you're pregnant, it's possible the baby hasn't even implanted yet. Which means you wouldn't get a positive yet. It's really best to wait until 12dpo or so.

January 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I guess I just assumed that because other ladies here got BFP's early, that I would too if I was pregnant. I just assumed I O'd 9 days ago because of some spotting I had. I wasn't supposed to O according to my cycle until a week ago. So I guess it's possible that I'm only 7 or 8 DPO and not 9. I'm just frustrated with the waiting and the BFN's
January 14th, 2014, 05:15 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I didn;t show positive until 12dpo with dd. You still have a chance. My fx'ed for you!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
January 14th, 2014, 05:18 PM
That makes me feel better, thank you! It is just hard to remain optimistic about this cycle with the BFN's, even if they are really early
January 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM
If you don't even know when you O'ed, you're really not out. You could be much earlier than you assume. Just because some get early BFP's doesn't mean everyone will I have a close friend who just got a BFP.. tested at 9dpo and was negative. Tested at 11dpo and was negative. She got a SUPER faint at 12dpo. It all matters and depends on when baby implants. It's actually kinda rare to see an 8dpo positive.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/Faqs...-pregnant.html

The average day that women find out is 13, per this chart. So 9 is very early, it really means nothing.. I promise!! Try again in a few days (3 or 4) and see what it says.

And you should try temping and OPK's.. highly recommend it! Then you'd know exactly when you ovulate and where ya stand. You can time the sex better, and see when you should test. Plus you'll learn lots about your body!

January 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM
I'm actually not sure how to temp or chart.... how would I go about that?
January 14th, 2014, 05:39 PM
It's easier than you think

Go to the drugstore and grab a BBT thermometer. (it's a thermometer used for fertility purposes). You sign up here..

Ovulation Calendar and Ovulation Chart - Fertility Charting

And they'll give you a 'chart'. Every morning upon waking (same time every day, before you get out of bed) you take your temperature. Then record it on your chart daily. That's really all there is to it.

You can ask lots of questions here, everyone is super helpful and knowledgable. I just think it's a great idea to do, especially when you're frustrated with waiting. Knowing when you ovulate and understanding your body is really helpful in the process.

You can also take OPK's. You can get those at a drugstore.. or dollar store. Or online for cheap. When you get a + on those (you pee on it, like a pregnancy test) then it means you're ovulating 12-36 hours later. Helpful in timing your sex.

January 14th, 2014, 05:41 PM
So I should start temping when? After AF is gone or?
January 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I start on cycle day 1, so the day my period is here. I like to get the full picture

January 14th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Oh okay. I can do that. I went ahead and signed up with FF.... figured might as well do it now. I feel pretty resigned to the fact that I probably won't get a BFP this month. So may help to have something else to focus on for cycle day 1, besides testing.
January 14th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Seriously though, don't count yourself out But think about charting/temping if your period does come. It's a great tool.

January 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
I'm trying not to. I looked at the calendar and I'm still 8 days from when AF is supposed to start. I heard it's pretty rare to get a BFP sooner than 5 days before AF. So I'm trying to keep in mind that it's likely that it's just too early for a positive
January 15th, 2014, 07:03 AM
Mslily1125's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've thought about taking a test, and I've talked myself out of it every time for that very same reason. It's so early still that I would keep wondering if I'm actually out, or am I just testing too early??

...So I'm waiting, because as musicfanatic said, it's possible that baby hasn't even implanted yet!

But I also agree about the charting. In some ways, it drives me even more crazy, because every temp fluctuation could mean everything or it could mean nothing. So you have to be prepared to not let yourself get too terribly wrapped up in it. ...It's definitely an amazing tool for tracking when you've ovulated though! This has been my first cycle temping, and it has definitely given me some comfort because I know exactly where I'm at in my cycle, and I know for sure that I had sex around O time - so the rest is up to fate.

GL - I've got my FX for you!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
January 15th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Thank you!! GL to you as well, seems you aren't too far behind me in DPO!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search