Any fellow lesbians TTC?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Let's share our stories with each other on what does and doesn't work and a few mishaps along the way
February 4th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm trying to remember their name!! Dang it, I blame sleep deprivation. I think there are 2 other couples here!

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

February 4th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know of two others. RainbowMama and I think the other posts more on the TTCMA board? Not sure.
February 4th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's me!

Well since this is our first try, im not really sure what doesnt work yet and hadnt had a chance to have any mishaps..hope we wont!

Well i take that back, we're kind of in a mishap right now. We ordered from NW cryo bank and we set to have it delievered tomorrow (my bday) cuz im set to ovulate fri-sun. Well wouldn't you know, we're in a freakin blizzard! So far the package is on time ( i check it like once an hour, obsessive much?). Originally we had planned on my S/O signing for the package since she work nights but now she works during the day since so many poeple have called in for tomorrow. so since this blizzard we've scrambled to find a solution to who is going to sign for our package. we finally got in contact with ups and they are letting us come get the package after it's delvered at the ups facility. Thank god!

Which i think this will work better in the end because its less time the package will be on the actual roads (which they are awful right now, dont think MODOT has heard of a lil thing called salt) so it should have less of a delay if its going to have one. and there is no chance we could miss the delvery guy
THE angry uterus likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

February 6th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Veteran
I am new here but my DW and I are TTC! Here's a little if our story...

I was a member of this forum years ago when I was married to my ex husband. We got pregnant and I had a miscarriage. After that my periods never regulated so it was hard to TTC.

DW and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and we tried once a year ago with donor sperm but it did not take. It didn't feel like the right time so we didn't try again.

We now have the opportunity to adopt a child... The mother is a friend and has never wanted kids. The father lives 9 hrs away and is not sure of he wants the child or not. He is supposed to make his decision next week. We actually had dinner with them on Tuesday night. It went really well but I know not to get my hopes up from previous experience.

We have talked about donor sperm and we have talked about using a known donor. DW is leaning towards a known donor (we have on picked out and is in the process of getting STD testing) because she was adopted and doesn't know who her real parents are or any of her medical history.

If we find out that we are not able to adopt this baby then we will try in March. It's been a long, hard road and hopefully something will work soon.
February 6th, 2014, 09:39 AM
im sorry you're have some difficulty! Hopefully something works soon!

where are you located? my S/O and i would love to get married but its not yet legal in MO

February 6th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Veteran
We live in KY and got married in CT.

I am soooo excited to see if the Donor sperm works for you!!!! Ive heard a lot of people say its the timing that is more important and not the amt of sperm
February 6th, 2014, 09:49 AM
it is! im just hoping we time it right! we made sure our donor has had previous pregnacies, so we know his swimmers are good. My mom got pregnant almost immediately when she tried for me and my sisters. and my gma had no trouble getting pregnant either. Im very similar to both of them so im hoping they gave me the good fertility gene lol

February 6th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Veteran
Yeah that's a big concern with a known donor... He has never gotten anyone pregnant before.... you can make sure you pick a one on the site that has!!! lol
February 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
right. we have enough saved up to comfortable do 3 cycles using the sperm bank but if it doesnt work than we will use a known donor..the problem i have is it being incredibly awkward lol

February 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Veteran
Well the one good thing about a known donor is saving the money. Our plans are to have him come here and use our extra bedroom.... which will probably be a little awkward but its worth it for the end result
February 6th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Oh yes saving the money would be wonderful. We just have no idea who we'd ask and then we would want to make sure we get our butt's legally covered in case that person were to ever want to claim rights over the child and im sure those legal costs would amount to the price of the bank

February 13th, 2014, 06:19 AM
Hi Rainbow mama. I am also a lesbian trying to conceive with my partner. I created a forum for lesbians to post stories and give advice. I tried to post the link on here but it would not let me. I would really like you to check out the forum and spread the word about it.

It's
rainbowmommies at hyperboards
February 26th, 2014, 07:24 AM
I see there hasn't been much action on this forum for a while, hoping you all are still out there. I've been chatting on other sites but was searching for a lesbian specific group since it's not always easy to relate to women TTC with their husbands. My wife (not yet legally but VA is on its way!) and I are on our second month using a known donor. We are fortunate enough to have found a dear friend (also gay) who is happy to help us with our dream of becoming parents. We did do a notarized donor contract to try to protect both sides. I'm currently on CD9 and should OV early to mid next week, using OPKs and bbt to track.
Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and hope y'all are still around!
February 26th, 2014, 08:05 AM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
pending std testing... We are going to try a known donor who is our friend (also gay) next cycle

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
February 26th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Hi dansyl, glad to see there's still life around here!
February 26th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Still here as well!! This is our second cycle TTC with frozen sperm!

February 27th, 2014, 04:48 AM
Rainbow momma - when are you ovulating/inseminating? I'm going to start doing opk's today (CD10). Last month I OVed on day 16 but it was my first month tracking so not sure yet if that varies for me. Never knew how slowly a month could pass until I started TTC!
February 27th, 2014, 12:03 PM
i know right! the sperm is set to get here on my cd 13, i tend to O cd 15/16 but we made sure its coming a couple days early just in case. we'll insem about 12 hours after i get my + opk

February 27th, 2014, 03:27 PM
elisheva's Avatar Member
Me! im in this club too! my partner and i have been together 7.5 years, married for 2. we became really good friends with this couple that lives less than 2 blocks from us, and the husband is our donor. they are currently expecting their first child together, and they got pregnant on their first attempt, so we know his swimmers are good! they are an awesome family and we really feel blessed to be in this situation.

i am currently in the 2WW, we did our first insemination on fed-19th. its killing me to not know!
Rainbow Momma and MrsRabren like this.

1st failed adoption 5-8-2013
2nd failed adoption 10-10-2013

2 moms TTC #1 w/ donor sperm.
first insemination 2-19-2014
3-7-14 BFN & AF showed
insemination 3-21-14 & 3-23-14

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search