JM Oldie coming back.... with PCOS

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By 2EverAfter
  • 1 Post By skreyes
  • 1 Post By Jessghetti
  • 1 Post By Libby22
  • 1 Post By klmart6

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2014, 03:26 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Hey hey I used to be on this board many moons ago! LOL

I just got diagnosed with PCOS this past Tuesday at my OB gyn office. I had been complaining of pelvic pain for a while. They did a vaginal ultrasound and confirmed "pearly" look on my ovaries.
I was very devastated. I am TTC my #2 and to find out I have PCOS. It was a setback for me.
She did not explain any more info about PCOS but to tell me to BD every other day starting CD 10 through 18 and come back to her office for bloodwork on February 20 to check many things and beta test.
I get my period every month. I haven't tried OPK's to see if I O or not. I am doing the relaxed approach this cycle.

Any advice? Is there any of you that have PCOS and have period every month?

I'm currently taking Geritol since CD 2.

What kind of diet should I go on? I need to lose weight if I don't get pregnant this cycle.
February 6th, 2014, 03:58 PM
2EverAfter's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi, I'm sorry I don't know anything about PCOS, but wanted to welcome you back and wish you well!

I'm sure some of the ladies here will have some insight for you!
ZaydensMomma likes this.

February 6th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I also have PCOS. I do have a period every month for the most part. Sometimes my cycle will be 30 days and sometimes more than 45. It's very frustrating when trying to get pregnant! I already have two boys that I got pregnant with after 2 months of trying and this go-round its taking me much longer. We are on our 6th month trying. I use OPKs and they do give me an idea of when I am about to ovulate and for the most part I think they are pretty on point....I just think it's going to take a little bit longer for this last kiddo.
ZaydensMomma likes this.
February 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Jessghetti's Avatar New Mommy in Training
I would suggest trying to chart your cycles more closely and keep a little log of it. BBT and ovulation predictor kits help!

Do you usually have long cycles or heavy cycles? Do they fluctate.. like sometimes coming a week early? I am due to go in and see my OB on the 18th and I have been having some odd cycles myself. They tend to come like a week early and other times are 27-28 days. I never had this problem before I had DD/mirena/breastfed but since all that is done and over I would have assumed my cycles would regulate more.

Anyways, I wish you luck!
ZaydensMomma likes this.

Missing Angels: Sept '11 - 4 weeks & Nov '11 - 4 weeks 3 days
February 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2EverAfter View Post
Hi, I'm sorry I don't know anything about PCOS, but wanted to welcome you back and wish you well!

I'm sure some of the ladies here will have some insight for you!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skreyes View Post
I also have PCOS. I do have a period every month for the most part. Sometimes my cycle will be 30 days and sometimes more than 45. It's very frustrating when trying to get pregnant! I already have two boys that I got pregnant with after 2 months of trying and this go-round its taking me much longer. We are on our 6th month trying. I use OPKs and they do give me an idea of when I am about to ovulate and for the most part I think they are pretty on point....I just think it's going to take a little bit longer for this last kiddo.
My period usually arrives on CD 25 to 28 every month. How long have you had PCOS? Did you already had PCOS prior TTC your 2 boys? I have done OPK's in the past. I TTC'd for 3 years with my ex husband and it turned out he had severe low sperm and our chance was IVF/ICSI.
Hope your TTC journey is short and not any longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessghetti View Post
I would suggest trying to chart your cycles more closely and keep a little log of it. BBT and ovulation predictor kits help!

Do you usually have long cycles or heavy cycles? Do they fluctate.. like sometimes coming a week early? I am due to go in and see my OB on the 18th and I have been having some odd cycles myself. They tend to come like a week early and other times are 27-28 days. I never had this problem before I had DD/mirena/breastfed but since all that is done and over I would have assumed my cycles would regulate more.

Anyways, I wish you luck!
As I stated above to skreyes that I have used OPK's in the past. No, I do not have heavy cycle. My period cycle usually start with spotting for a day or 2..then heavy for 2 days then lightens up on 3rd day and done by cd 4 with little spotting here and there. It's been like this for YEARS. However when I was a teenager, I had heavy period and bad bad bad cramping for 7 days. til I was like 21 yrs old and I got on BC for few months then after that my period got shorter and not too bad.
After I had my son in 2011, I went on Mirena for few months and it caused me to have issues so I had to have it removed. I had ovarian cysts last year and they did not see "pearly" on my ovaries.
Good luck to your appt on the 18th!
February 7th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome back, hope you get your bfp soon. i'v been ttc for 13mths now, I find opk help.
ZaydensMomma likes this.

af came Nov 22 Fri nz time
February 8th, 2014, 07:20 AM
Regular
Don't lose hope many of us have gotten pregnant with PCOS! And i think its good news that you have regular periods. As far as the diet goes, cut back on carbohydrates and dairy. The staple foods that people with PCOS tend to crave!
ZaydensMomma likes this.
February 9th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmart6 View Post
Don't lose hope many of us have gotten pregnant with PCOS! And i think its good news that you have regular periods. As far as the diet goes, cut back on carbohydrates and dairy. The staple foods that people with PCOS tend to crave!
YES You are right, starch food is what I crave every day! I am slowly reducing my carb and dairy instead of going cold turkey.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search