HSG was all clear... should I be excited or confused?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2014, 06:03 AM
E_P_Baby_Makes_3's Avatar E <3 P waiting on 3
So I usually lurk quite a bit, but I needed a place to vent and you wonderful ladies are always so supportive. Yesterday I finally had the HSG done. It was uncomfortable like many of you suggested. It didn't take very long, and I had mild cramps when the dye went through, but really not much else happened. After the test my doctor said everything looked great and normal - no blocked tubes and my uterus was "heart shaped" (I had no idea that our uteruses .. uteri? were heart shaped.) I was immediately relieved.... then confused! I was really anticipating a problem or an explanation for why we hadn't gotten pregnant, and I learned that I'm doing ok. I know I should be happy, but I'm just confused. I expressed that to my doctor and she said that this test looking okay means that we have more options besides going straight to IVF. We didn't talk about what those options are in detail, but she wants to see me in two months and we'll come up with a plan then. I have one more month of clomid left so we'll see what happens this next month. I don't know!
February 25th, 2014, 07:02 AM
brandis's Avatar Veteran
Good luck!! Has your SO had any testing done?

Married to Josh

Mom to Jaiken and Anya

TTC #3 after a Tubal Reversal (9/26/2013)

Cycle #10

My Ovulation Chart
February 25th, 2014, 07:49 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Next step would be do sperm analysis on your SO.
February 25th, 2014, 07:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
My hsg was all clear too. i was too, hoping for a "reason" to not be able to get pg. but too left feeling relieved yet confused! Was your Dh SA all good too? we have/had male infertility that contributed to our problems but his numbers have sense gone up. so confusing!

Saw a beautiful little heartbeat 1/28/10
Heard a Beautiful little heartbeat 3/3/2010
Saw a Beautiful Little GIRL 4/5/2010!!!!
Held my beautiful Little GIRL 9/24/2010

February 25th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, hopefully the hsg flushed clear the way for your eggie to have an easy path next month! I tjink this is great news, it means they can use less expensive iui options because your tubes work properly. When is dhs sa?
February 25th, 2014, 10:36 AM
E_P_Baby_Makes_3's Avatar E <3 P waiting on 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaydensMomma View Post
Next step would be do sperm analysis on your SO.
He actually has. I should have added that. And everything looked normal. I've had blood work done, and everything looked great according to my doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS, and she wanted me to do several months of Clomid with OPK's, and see how that went. Every month I get a positive like clockwork and I've also had normal cycles all my life. I just don't get it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah7181 View Post
Well, hopefully the hsg flushed clear the way for your eggie to have an easy path next month! I tjink this is great news, it means they can use less expensive iui options because your tubes work properly. When is dhs sa?
I sure hope so! The doctor said the same thing too, and I was confused about that. I trust what she's saying, I just didn't quite understand what other options there would be besides IVF. She talked about trying different meds, but if the Clomid is helping me ovulate but we're not getting pregnant, I don't know how other medications would be. We actually started our doctor's trips with Dh's SA as our first round of tests. Everything looked good on his part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyAnna View Post
My hsg was all clear too. i was too, hoping for a "reason" to not be able to get pg. but too left feeling relieved yet confused! Was your Dh SA all good too? we have/had male infertility that contributed to our problems but his numbers have sense gone up. so confusing!
I know! Who knew all those months when I was in my early 20's taking birth control was a waste of time! lol. Yeah I don't understand it all, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. DH's SA was all good.
February 25th, 2014, 11:10 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
It is a weird mix, isn't it. I felt weird wanting something to be "wrong" whenever we did a new test, but everything always came back normal.

Have you been monitored with ultrasound to check your utering lining while on Clomid? Have you discusses IUI with your doc?

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

February 25th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad that the test came back good at least. Hope that works out great for you and get a BFP soon! HUGS mama - wanting a child a not having one is hard! LOTS of luck for a great and positive cycle next month!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6
February 25th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy

February 25th, 2014, 12:02 PM
socialworkmom2be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A heart shaped uterus can cause miscarriages, my coworker had surgery to fix it and got pregnant immediately and carried twin boys

Oopsie Cycle - August 2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
TTC Cycle #1 - chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #2 - Chemical pregnancy
TTC Cycle #3 - RE consultation and blood work, normal HSG.
Cycle #4 - Planning on WTTC, but was surprised with a BFP 4/11/14. First beta on 4/15/14 @ 12 DPO= 154.2, beta on 4/17/14 @ 14 DPO was 459.1, beta on 4/23/14 @ 20 DPO = 6,195!

After 3 early losses I am cautiously expecting a Christmas miracle.

Our son, Roen Kitt, is due 12/21/2014!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search