I am confused! (pic!)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 2 Post By aStarIsBorn
  • 7 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By HeavenlyJewel
  • 1 Post By dansyl
  • 1 Post By momopotamus
  • 1 Post By MusicFanatic79
  • 1 Post By Danielle.W
  • 1 Post By Hope2Be13
  • 1 Post By aStarIsBorn
  • 1 Post By KellJoO
  • 1 Post By MoreThanEnough
  • 1 Post By Mslily1125

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2014, 10:07 AM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I am confused! What do I make of all this rubbish!? I swore I was o'ing on cd13, the test line irl is as dark as control, yet thinner, but I still counted it as + since I had bad o pains that evening on my left ovary. Cd 14 was neg, so I figured, ok, good, I caught o, also, my cm changed to creamy! I know your supposed to stop taking opk's when you get your 1st +, but who does that!!??? lol Took another one on cd 15 (yesterday) and it was +, again. Had o pains on my left ovary again last night & cm went back to watery! Just took another opk now & it is barely neg, but thats good! So, I'm lost! When do you think I o'ed, or if I o'ed at all? My left ovary is soo achey & my cm is back to creamy. I thought I had this down, all confident for this cycle, and, well, apparently not! Last month, I only had ONE opk that was barely + then the second line disappeared like overnight. This cycle is totally different!

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
February 25th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hmm that is confusing. It's possible your body tried to O on CD 13 but didn't and now you are really Oing. But I just can't be positive.
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
February 25th, 2014, 10:12 AM
~*Tina*~
you have to give it some time. having a miscarriage messes everything up!! you may not even ovulate at all. i wouldnt use any more OPKs and just BD as much as possible until AF shows... or BFP. my cycle took FOREVER to get back to normal, and of course i was recently dx with PCOS that she says was triggered (or the symptoms were) by my miscarriage. DEF not saying you have that but just trying to show that a m/c can mess with your cycle, ESP the first one right after.

7/12/13 @6w

February 25th, 2014, 10:12 AM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I'm re-learning about reading OPK's since I haven't done them in LONG time.

Did you BD every other day just to cover bases?
February 25th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
It may just be the picture, but none of those tests look completely positive to me. They look really close like you were gearing up to O, but not obviously positive. Again, it could just be the lighting from the picture. I would probably keep testing and see if you get a second surge.

February 25th, 2014, 10:18 AM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
Cd15 looks like you would have O'd the day after it

Thank you Jaidynsmum for making my siggy!

February 25th, 2014, 11:40 AM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Its tough to say- are you temping Steph or not?

I would guess that you were gearing up to O, and didn't until CD15, especially if you were feeling intense O pains. Or, the tests could just be ridiculous and not the same sensitivity with a longer surge. I usually have a surge for at least 2 days, sometimes more...where I will get positive OPKs. So, maybe your surge started on CD13 and went thru CD15 and the tests are just being difficult.

I'd probably place my bets on ovulation on CD15 or day after. Hope you got plenty of BD-ing in!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 25th, 2014, 11:49 AM
dansyl's Avatar Missing my angel baby!
None of those look positive so you could not have even Od yet. My cycles were a hot mess after I m/c

Thank you jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

Adopting our miracle baby due Sept 2014!!!
February 25th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to momopotamus Send a message via MSN to momopotamus
I think you're still waiting for O, they don't quite look positive yet.

TTC #4 since 9/2013 150mg Clomid BFP 5/22/14! Stick Bean Stick!
We have a heartbeat :-) EDD 1/31/15!

February 25th, 2014, 12:11 PM
MusicFanatic79's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
None of them look positive to me, either.
Your body can take some time to adjust after a loss, though!

February 25th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Danielle.W's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you haven't Ovulated yet

I didn't ovulate at all in the cycle directly following my M/C.

Are you sure your hormones are at 0?

Mama to Valley, Lyric
Levi 9/2009 & Mara 9/2013

My Ovulation Chart

Cycle 12 (of 16) after 2nd tri miscarriage: Soy Iso take 5

February 25th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aStarIsBorn View Post
you have to give it some time. having a miscarriage messes everything up!! you may not even ovulate at all. i wouldnt use any more OPKs and just BD as much as possible until AF shows... or BFP. my cycle took FOREVER to get back to normal, and of course i was recently dx with PCOS that she says was triggered (or the symptoms were) by my miscarriage. DEF not saying you have that but just trying to show that a m/c can mess with your cycle, ESP the first one right after.
Tina, it feels like I have cysts. I have this tight, uncomfortable feeling near my left ovary, and slightly on my right one too. My body is so messed up! I don't know what's going on, but today my boobs are really sore & I'm crampy like after I ovulate, yet, it feels like cyst pain too. I'm a hot mess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaydensMomma View Post
Did you BD every other day just to cover bases?
Yes, we did just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellJoO View Post
Its tough to say- are you temping Steph or not?

I would guess that you were gearing up to O, and didn't until CD15, especially if you were feeling intense O pains. Or, the tests could just be ridiculous and not the same sensitivity with a longer surge. I usually have a surge for at least 2 days, sometimes more...where I will get positive OPKs. So, maybe your surge started on CD13 and went thru CD15 and the tests are just being difficult.
I'm not temping, Kelley, I probably should. Maybe these tests are garbage....if you look at the control lines, they are different colors on all of them.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle.W View Post
I think you haven't Ovulated yet

I didn't ovulate at all in the cycle directly following my M/C.

Are you sure your hormones are at 0?
Yes, well, I'm not sure they are at 0, but I took an hpt 7 days after I started bleeding & it was stark white negative so I was assuming that my levels were very low, and that was cd7.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
February 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would keep testing, I don't think you've got your positive just yet!! Almost!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

February 25th, 2014, 01:25 PM
~*Tina*~
something about miscarriages just really messes everything up. you just never know! you could get pregnant again quick (many, many people do).

7/12/13 @6w

February 25th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Thanks ladies, so I will keep on testing & just see what happens. I don't have any more of those answer opk's though, I have IC's....but maybe it's a good thing since the lines are not consistent in color & thickness on these tests. But something's gotta be going on, my bbs are really sore & I'm crampy all of a sudden, either my body just o'ed yesterday or I'm still trying to o.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d
February 25th, 2014, 02:03 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Use your cheapies. I would test once more tonight and again tomorrow morning.

I've heard twice recently on here, that you're not supposed to keep using OPK's after you get your first positive? What is the reasoning behind that? I like to watch it fade... particularly because I have such a long surge and I like to try and pay attention to my body to see if I can figure out what day I actually ovulate on.

Good luck- hopefully you can catch that egg & get a sticky bean!!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 25th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
If your boobs are sore (pretty sure fire sign you HAVE ovulated) I'd say you O'd yesterday on cd 15. Perhaps you just missed a positive in between cd 14 and 15 tests.
February 25th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was thinking the same thing - all your control lines look a little different. But if I had to guess, I'd say the CD15 is your closest to a pos, but I'm not sure about even that one.

You should try temping next cycle if this one doesn't give you a BFP. I know some gals say that it causes them stress, but to me it was very comforting so that I could stop stressing about perfectly timed BDing after I knew I had O'd!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 25th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Thanks, Kelley, I'll use the cheapies just to see, but I think I may have already o'ed, but it can't hurt!

MoreThanEnough, I think you are right. My bbs are on fire right now and the cramps are really bad, particularly all along my left side & my lower back is killing me!!! I actually feel like af is going to start any second. I probably did miss my surge since I wasn't testing twice a day, it was short last month too.

Thanks, Lily....I may start temping next cycle. I tried it once, a few yrs ago when I was ttc dd, and man, I got so frustrated that one morning I just busted the thermometer in half and ripped up my chart paper! lol

2/10/14 @ 6w3d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search