maybe AF? Maybe implantation?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wvufan67
  • 1 Post By rusticbythesea01

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Hey ladies!

So, I'm pretty sure AF decided to visit me starting last Saturday, however it was a week early, and somebody brought it to my attention that it could be implantation bleeding. I'm almost positive it's not, I just don't feel like it could be...and it's been more than just spotting. This is going to get to be TMI so I warn in advance...

Ok so I have NEVER had a 28 day cycle, my regular cycle is about 36 days usually. I had a pap on January 30th, everything is good...Dr. told me to start taking prenatal vitamins with folic acid since we are actively TTC, but that I wasn't going to get any help for a whole year so that I had to try on my own, even though we have already been TTC for about a year and a half off and on.

Saturday, the 22nd, I just felt like I was leaking fluid or something, so I went to the bathroom...pink on my panties red on my TP. Was just like hm that's odd, it has been EXACTLY 28 days since my last period...odd since I've never had a 28 day cycle unless I was on the pill and even then it was usually longer.

Well, this period is very light compared to what I'm used to, like a fresh pad every 3-4 hours. I have only had to change pads like once a day, sometimes not even that..but it's red. Not brown, not pink...Red. And it's not only on my TP, there has been some on my pad and in the toilet when I'm done peeing. But no clots. Also, it's more like a red syrup....like it's stretchy kinda sometimes, but just a few times...it smells different. I know that's odd for me to tell you, but I mean blood smells like blood haha, and it doesn't really smell bloody...not like normal, I guess because it's so much lighter, the smell isn't as strong? I did get cramps, but they were nothing compared to the period cramps I usually get. Actually, I had no AF symptoms this time around. Usually I get intense cramps, acne, bloated, and gassy. I have had a headache just about every day for the past almost two weeks, just figured it was because I ovulated.

The timing would be about right for implantation bleeding. We BDed on 2/2, 2/4, 2/9, 2/13, and 2/20 and they say 6-12 days after is when implantation usually occurs. I was supposed to ovulate the week of the 9th...

I'm pretty sure this is a period, I mean I have changed some things so I think my body is trying to catch up and change cycle lengths too. I quit drinking caffeine in October, started watching my caloric intake after my dr appointment, have started drinking water instead of sprite, and I quit my job...

I have no intentions of testing until I either start getting symptoms, or I miss a period...I am 99.9% sure this is just a period...but there is that tiny voice in the back of my mind saying, hmmm what if? I also know that prenatal vitamins don't regulate cycles, so I know it's not that.

Just looking for some opinions for other people, I don't do anything that would harm a baby if I was pregnant, which I HIGHLY doubt, so no dr for me..just curious!

OH! And it was there at like 10 this morning, but isn't here now..and I've heard implantation only lasts a few days usually. So yea..
February 27th, 2014, 05:30 PM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
I had that happen this last cycle. I started taking vitamins and baby aspirin and quit smoking 25 days ago on the Feb 2.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for making my siggy!

February 27th, 2014, 07:03 PM
So it just ended up being AF? I am not doing baby aspirin or anything...
February 27th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Probably is AF but you could take a pregnancy test to rule out IB.

February 27th, 2014, 07:13 PM
I kinda figured AF too. It would be nice, but I feel like it would have happened too soon. Not in a bad way, just like I didn't have to wait after my appointment...there's no way it could have happened this fast.
February 27th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You never know. I'd take a test to be sure. good luck
jcbailey712 likes this.

February 27th, 2014, 09:00 PM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
I take baby aspirin because I get inflammation due to my fibromyalgia. I just use as precaution since I know how my body gets.

Yes I did get af last cycle.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for making my siggy!

February 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would take a test just to rule it out. How many days did this "bleeding" last?

By now, I would think you'd have a positive if you were indeed pregnant. If not, chalk it up to a wonky AF. I've never experienced IB, so I cant say I know what its like...but I know for some women it is common!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
February 28th, 2014, 01:14 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
^ I would take a test too just to be sure!
Mrs.Mikey likes this.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search