OT - Im so mad right now (S/O rant)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Momma
  • 1 Post By hopeful_girl55
  • 1 Post By KellJoO
  • 2 Post By Rainbow Momma
  • 1 Post By Hope2Be13
  • 1 Post By wvufan67
  • 2 Post By rusticbythesea01
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Momma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 7th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Someone please tell me if im overreacting. It may be because im stressed..

So my s/o and i are trying to do alot of things with our lives right now like starting a family and buying a house. all things we want to do have happen here before the year ends. both of these things require ALOT of money.

So today I'm on my way to work. i notice 2 cops have people pulled over and another cop is sitting there speed gunning people. So the nice person i am, i call S/O and tell her because i know she will be driving through the area today to watch her speed because there are cops everywhere.

Well, what do you know...i just got a lovely text from her that she got pulled over and a ticket..for going 22 over...22! are you freaking kidding me?! i just clled to tell you there were cops everywhere so what makes you think you can speed at all? let alone going 22 over! Her excuse "well i didnt see them..i thought i was through the cop zone". NOT an excuse. So now i either have to spend a couple hundred to pay for the ticket and her insurance to go up or pay a few hundred for a lawyer to take care of it.

We cannot afford to just be flinging money here and there especially when this should have been all avoided because i freakin warned her! That few hundred dollars is money we could use towards another round of sperm (altho i hope we dont need it) and dent towards a down payment for a home.

I may be blowing this way out of proportion but would anyone else be upset about this?
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

March 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
MomTo3LittleBoys's Avatar Love my house of boys!
I would be annoyed too!!! Ive never had a ticket but I get soo mad if DH gets one! Off topic but what does sperm cost? LoL just wondering! !
DS3- Born 11/4/14
March 7th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2EthanAndJett View Post
I would be annoyed too!!! Ive never had a ticket but I get soo mad if DH gets one! Off topic but what does sperm cost? LoL just wondering! !
With shipping it comes to $504
MomTo3LittleBoys likes this.

March 7th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be furious. Make your own dinner, don't talk to me, sleep in the dog house furious. But that's because he NEVER listens to me and it's a pet peeve of mine. He is starting to learn that he should listen to me because I usually end up being right but if he did that he would know he was in big trouble. I don't think you are over reacting, but maybe that's because I would over react too.
Rainbow Momma likes this.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
March 7th, 2014, 01:10 PM
KellJoO's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yes that would be frustrating!!! I'm sorry it sucks to have unexpected expenses especially when you warned her!
Cautiously Expecting #1

IT'S A GIRL!!!

One Angel in Heaven lost @ 6Weeks 2/7/2013
March 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
thanks ladies. ive calmed down quite a bit..she doesnt see it as a big deal..but we've always had different views on how money should be handled. She's more of a live in the moment kind of person and im more of a work my a** of now and live cheaply so we can live nicely later in life.

March 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd be really mad... Especially bc of all the money we are spending on fertility treatments lately. We just don't have extra money to carelessly spend either. I get where you are coming from!
October 2013- SA revealed low motility--referred to RE
January 2014- DHs repeat SA came back "normal"! I was diagnosed with PCOS
February 2014- IUI #1 on Valentine's Day with 2 mature follicles- BFN
March 2014- BCP to clear up cysts
April 2014- IUI #2 on 4/9/14 with 3 mature follicles and 3 catching up! BFP at 10dpiui!!!!!! So thankful!!! Beta #1 @ 13 DPO- 167; Beta #2 @ 15 DPO- 384!

March 7th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'd be livid. Especially since you warned her and don't have the money to waste. How much is the ticket?

March 7th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Momma View Post
. She's more of a live in the moment kind of person and im more of a work my a** of now and live cheaply so we can live nicely later in life.
This is me and SO all. the. way! I totally understand girl.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
March 7th, 2014, 02:22 PM
brandis's Avatar Super Mommy
I'd be angry as well. Not because of the ticket, but because of the ignoring my warning.

Married to Josh

Mom to Jaiken and Anya

TTC #3 after a Tubal Reversal (9/26/2013)

Cycle #13 - Clomid 100mg CD 5-9 + temps + opks

March 7th, 2014, 03:49 PM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got pullled over in upstate NY on July 4th weekend. The officer said he had to give me a ticket b/c it's a holiday weekend BUT he will tell me how to get it reduced. lol He also lowered my speed so I was only over by 5-8 mph. So, he told me to write them and tell them my hardships, like for me at the time I was going through a divorce, I had no money and having points on my license would hurt me financially. Asked if there was anything they could do to help b/c that was my first ticket in my life. So they reduced it to a not moving violation and I paid $125 and no points.

March 7th, 2014, 03:52 PM
The cop was super nice and reduced it to just 5mph so it wont be too terrible but still, it was the principle of the whole thing that made me really upset

March 7th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
That's frustrating when you called and warned her! Glad the cop at least reduced the speeding amount but that's still a bummer to get a ticket!
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6

March 7th, 2014, 05:51 PM
rusticbythesea01's Avatar Steph
I would have been frustrated at her too!! But I kinda have her personality and anyone I've been with is more like you...the more responsible one, so I'm not too sure what it's like getting ticked off for someone else being irresponsible/ careless. But I'm glad things have settled down & hopefully now she'll pay attention to her speed. Speeding tickets suck.

2/10/14 @ 6w3d

Last edited by rusticbythesea01; March 7th, 2014 at 05:53 PM.
March 7th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would be hard money wise, hope its her last ticket. you guys down need to spend stuff in fines

af came dec 18 Fri nz time, cycle 25
March 7th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Well that's one of the things that i love about her is because she is kinda fly by the seat of your pants kind of gal but when it comes to making big decisions it can get a little sticky. But we'll figure it out one way or another. Im normally one to keep my emotions in check but sometimes if you hold things in for too long things just kind of explode and one litte thing will set it off. It prob doesnt help that TTC and buying a house are major stress inducers.
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search