BB Temp and working 3rd shift

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By Rainbow Momma
  • 2 Post By rosalie68
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Hi, I was wondering if it would be worth it to temp if I work 3rd shift every Friday and Saturday? Will those temps just not count since they are taken at a different time? Should I still be able to tell if I O? On all the other days does my temp need to be taken at the same time or just as long as it's after 3-4 hours of sleep? I'm not the greatest with reading OPKs so I think I would need to rely more on BBT. Also, are the digital OPKs reliable and is there an easy to read non-digital OPK? I have a hard time telling the difference if the line is darker or not. Thanks for your help!
March 13th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
You can always temp Sunday to Thursday at the same time every morning then Fri and Sat you can temp at a different time after you sleep and you'll just get an open circle on FF meaning different time. You should still be able to see a temp shift. Digital OPK's are great but expensive. What I did when i was still learning was use IC OPK's until i thought the lines were close then use the digital to confirm. You can always post the OPK here for us to look at for you. we love looking at pee sticks good luck hun
rosalie68 likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

March 13th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would say it would be fine but i would def note it somewhere on those days that you took it at a certain time (FF and TCOYF allows you do that) so if your temps look wonky those days you'll know why. But Sun-thurs def take it at the same time after getting 4 hours of uninterupted sleep. and on fri and sat i would establish a time that you can take it at for both of those days.
rosalie68 likes this.
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

March 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Ok thank you so much for the help! I appreciate it. I'll temp the rest of the week at reg times and try to do a reg time for those 2 night shift days, then put a note in FF. Think I will get some digital OPKs to go with the reg ones so I can take them as I am closer. Wish they could make them easier to read without having to splurge on the digitals. I'm sure I'll be posting them lol. Thanks again!
Diamond2009 and Rainbow Momma like this.
March 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I worked nights and found I was still able to temp and determine O just fine. My body is/was used to sleeping in different places and at different times and my BBT adjusted itself as well. I also had interrupted sleep due to BFing and found that I was still able to temp and chart at those times as well. I did note all the days that could have been affected by my working nights but there was no differences.
rosalie68 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search