TTC after Mirena HELP!

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By HeavenlyJewel
  • 2 Post By ctymom

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Here is a bit of my background, I have a wonderful little almost 6 year old son. He was concieved first try with my ex husband. Now that I am remarried years later, my husband now and I want to have a baby. I am 16 years old and in good health. After having my son, I had Mirena put in and kept it in for 5 years. I had the thing taken out on Halloween of last year, (2013). My first period after was on Dec 27th. Since then I have had regular 25-26 day cycles. So, since January really, my husband and I have been ttc like crazy and it's not working. AF came today and I am in tears. I know a lot of women have dealt with this for way longer, and I am not taking away from that, I just thought it would happen by now since conceiving my son was so easy. Has anyone had any trouble ttc after a full 5 years with Mirena? If so, what was the outcome.

Thank you!!! Any advice is very welcome. I am going crazy here with worry!
March 13th, 2014, 08:25 PM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
Um well I have been ttc since dec as well. I am Heavenly and I'm 27. In November I had the implanon removed. With my son though it took 12 months to conceive and that was barely trying. My son will be 7 on the 27th. I had the implant for 2 years and three months. You have to remember even though your cycles are back your body is still going back to normal and can sometimes take 6 months is what my doctor said after being on BC for so long. Just got af today as well. I have been married two years and we are trying for our first together also.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for making my siggy!

March 13th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Whoa I just reread my post and I said I was 16 lol add ten years to that! Darn keyboard. You're right, I just need to know I'm still able ya know. For some reason I just am freaked out that Mirena messed me up and now something is wrong with me. My husband has no children of his own and I feel a pressure to give that to him. If that makes sense. I want another child more than anything too but I know he does and the fact that I can't make that happen just plain stinks. I think i worry too much but it's unsettling all the same.
March 13th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Well if you are ovulating then it's possible but remember you get a 30% chance to get prego each month. It's just nature so don't beat yourself up because you get a one in three chance each month. So women with no problems such as myself can take 12 months it's just the odds. You totally have a chance but patience hun. It can take time and we are here to help you through.
rusticbythesea01 likes this.

March 14th, 2014, 04:29 AM
ctymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
First off...whew! I was stuck on the 16 yo with a 6 yo. LOL Anyway...I had the Mirena for 4 years and had it taken out Oct 28, 2013. My first AF was Dec 6th. I'm on my 4th cycle TTC right now. I'm also slightly above the 35yo mark and it gets harder to get that bfp. Just keep in mind that even with someone with no issues and young there's a 20% chance of getting pregnant each month. It's normal to take 3-12 months to get pregnant. Are you charting? I would suggest using Fertilityfriend.com and chart each month if you're not yet. And you can pick up a basal temp thermometer for like $5.00 at walmart. I just started with OPK's this month. So hopefully this is my month. Good luck!
afwifey09 and hopeful_girl55 like this.

March 14th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Veteran
Lurking from August DDC. I have gotten pregnant after Mirena twice now (and I'm a bit older - will be 35 next month). The first time I had Mirena in for 5 years, and got pregnant on my 1st cycle after having it removed (didn't even have a period). That was in 2012, so I was 33 years old. I then had Mirena put in again after I had my daughter and had it in for 10 months, got it taken out end of August, and got pregnant in early November. Only had 1 period after removal. So wanted to let you know not to worry!! You will get your BFP again!! Good luck and fingers crossed for you!
March 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Super Mommy
haha, I was also stuck on the being 16. lol I actually just joined here. I got my IUD removed this past Monday and af showed Wednesday so now I'm on CD3. now, I have NO idea what my cycles will be like so we will see! Good luck to you!
Pregnant with baby #2. E.D.D May 12, 2015
March 14th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I knew it was a mistype from the way she talked.

March 14th, 2014, 04:32 PM
WaitinginNJ's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the mirena, came out in October 2012 and I got a bfp last night...so 17 months. BUT I do know someone on here that it took like 6mths. Everyone is different, it all takes time. Oh and I am going to be 41 in May!

RIP Julianna Rose-Marie Tyreesa
June 6, 2014

My Ovulation Chart

Tags
mirena , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search