OT Let's talk baby names.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree30Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just thought it'd be fun for us to talk about something other than ttc for a bit. What are the names you have picked out for a future baby boy or girl? If you don't have any picked out what are some names you like? What names do you dislike?

March 26th, 2014, 11:07 AM
~*Tina*~
we like eleanor (nn nell) and charlotte (nn charlie). boys we kinda like harrison but are not 100% sure on it. its a family name.. i think boys names are so much harder!!
Calendula likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

March 26th, 2014, 11:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have the boy name picked out. Well SO picked out a boy name and I don't hate it. He loves it! And its growing on me I just have no idea what to put with it for a middle name. And I am under strict order to not talk about the name at all because he thinks someone is going to steal it. (he loves it that much) Girl names are so hard! Nothing just stays with me as something I love. I have no idea what I am going to do when it comes to names.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
March 26th, 2014, 11:15 AM
JackieV's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Boy. Levi Michael or Lucas Michael .... so far.

Girl... we haven't agreed on any here. But I want the middle name to be grace. I like names such as evelyn (eve), eleanor (elle), Scarlett. .. But ne is having none of those..... sooooo were at a draw here

But we've got time!
March 26th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my list is always changing bur right now i like

for boys .... Oliver, Gabriel "Gabe", Judson "Judd", Jaxon "Jaxx", Foxx or Maxx (short for something) Id really like a boy to end in a double letter and be 4 letters and one syllable to match the "theme" we have going on, our boys are Ross, Will (William) and Finn

for girls... Laura, Lucy, Elsa, Lydia, Emmy (probably short for something) and Adah/Ada but im sure those will change if we ever have another

March 26th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We sometimes throw around names here and there. We are on an initial based naming thing...basically, DH is EK, I am MA, we already have an EK, MA, and (then we flip) AM, so we now need a KE-so, hopefully I am making some sense out of this, we are looking at first names beginning with K and middle names with E, regardless of sex...we do not want names that belong to people we already know, eg: Kevin, Keith, Kylie...so it's SUPER hard to come up with some names...before we came up with this crazy idea, we liked Julianna, Lillian, Ariana and no boys names that we haven't used because we could NEVER come up with boy names until we almost had them...
March 26th, 2014, 11:40 AM
~*Tina*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
We have the boy name picked out. Well SO picked out a boy name and I don't hate it. He loves it! And its growing on me I just have no idea what to put with it for a middle name. And I am under strict order to not talk about the name at all because he thinks someone is going to steal it. (he loves it that much) Girl names are so hard! Nothing just stays with me as something I love. I have no idea what I am going to do when it comes to names.

well see now I REALLY want to know what it is!!! come on, we wont tell anyone! and if we steal it (im seriously looking for boys names ideas), its not like you know us in real life so what does it matter?
hopeful_girl55 and wvufan67 like this.

7/12/13 @6w

March 26th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree that boy names are a lot harder. Every one i mention to DH he links it to something. lol

I am kind of flip flopping on the middlename/names for a girl.

Girl:
Adelyn (Add-eh-lynn) Claire (i fell in love with this)

Adelyn Eliana Claire (Eliana means God has answered so i love it)

Adelyn Jane (Jane's my mom's middle name..i kind of want to honor her..it'd thrill her!)

other girl names i love:
Lydia
Emmalyn
Lorraine
Aria
Annabelle
Isla

Boy names i like:
Malachi
Cole
Gabriel
Gavin

Good thing we have time LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aStarIsBorn View Post
well see now I REALLY want to know what it is!!! come on, we wont tell anyone! and if we steal it (im seriously looking for boys names ideas), its not like you know us in real life so what does it matter?
hopeful_girl55 likes this.

Last edited by wvufan67; March 26th, 2014 at 11:50 AM.
March 26th, 2014, 11:50 AM
sweetpea0505's Avatar Super Mommy
I love the nickname Addie for a girl so I am thinking Addison or Adalyn. I really like either of those but leaning more towards Adalyn. The husband likes River I think... But I am not sure of that at all haha. I also like Charlotte and Avery and Everly (Evie!) I like names that aren't crazy but also not overused. I like Yvaine and Davanee too but those are a bit different. I have had this boy's name picked out since high school but we will see if the husband goes for it: Caleb Henry. I saw the movie Sarah Plain and Tall and fell in love with it. I also really like Sawyer. But our last name might make some of these names make our future child a born country star haha. Boy names are so hard!
March 26th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvufan67 View Post
I agree that boy names are a lot harder. Every one i mention to DH he links it to something. lol

I am kind of flip flopping on the middlename/names for a girl.

Girl:
Adelyn (Add-eh-lynn) Claire (i fell in love with this)

Adelyn Eliana Claire (Eliana means God has answered so i love it)

Adelyn Jane (Jane's my mom's middle name..i kind of want to honor her..it'd thrill her!)

other girl names i love:
Lydia
Emmalyn
Lorraine
Aria
Annabelle
Isla

Boy names i like:
Malachi
Cole
Gabriel
Gavin

Good thing we have time LOL!

Oh! I love Eliana! Could we steal for middle name if we have a girl? This would totally apply to me since I am begging God for a girl!
March 26th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by andbabymakes6 View Post
Oh! I love Eliana! Could we steal for middle name if we have a girl? This would totally apply to me since I am begging God for a girl!
You can use it. I don't mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea0505 View Post
I love the nickname Addie for a girl so I am thinking Addison or Adalyn. I really like either of those but leaning more towards Adalyn. The husband likes River I think... But I am not sure of that at all haha. I also like Charlotte and Avery and Everly (Evie!) I like names that aren't crazy but also not overused. I like Yvaine and Davanee too but those are a bit different. I have had this boy's name picked out since high school but we will see if the husband goes for it: Caleb Henry. I saw the movie Sarah Plain and Tall and fell in love with it. I also really like Sawyer. But our last name might make some of these names make our future child a born country star haha. Boy names are so hard!
love Sawyer! we love Adalyn too except we've decided to spell it Adelyn i guess it's a little different since our spelling has an eh sound instead of uh

March 26th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He will probably kill me if he knows I told, but oh well he doesn't read what I put on here. Its Gannicus/Gannakis. If any of you watched the series Spartacus you will know who that is and if you don't I suggest you type it in and look at the pictures. He was my favorite character. SO likes the name Spartacus too, but we live in Michigan and I will not have my child nicknames Sparty. Not. Happening.

March 26th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I did not know who that is LOL! How do you say that?

March 26th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gan like can with a G - i like if or a depending on spelling - kiss. I was so against it at first but it has grown on me. But seriously what middle name would ever go with that!

March 26th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Rainbow Momma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For a girl we like Rylee Rosemarie. For a boy we like Dexter Anthony
Mom to Ryden, Angel in Heavan 5/21/10

March 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
AmyGail's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Girl: Luvi RoseBoy: Stone Tomahawk - My husbands name is Skake Sequoyah Windwalker (2 middle names). We are native american, so he wants a native sounding name if its a boy. Our daughter's name is Lali - pronounced Lay-lee. Hers is a Cherokee name meaning "darling girl". I have tried finding a girl name that is native, but I don't like any of them.I love the names Lali and Luvi together....I think it's cute.

Baby Stonehawk Warrior due January 12th!!!

My name is Amy ~ Mommy to 3
Treston, 20 ~ Tanner, 15 ~ Lali, 4
My little angel babies~ lost 10/2013 @ 7w1d (June DDC) & 3/2014 @ 8w2d (Oct DDC)
March 26th, 2014, 12:56 PM
sweetpea0505's Avatar Super Mommy
Gannicus Walker? Gannicus James? My friend on FB named her son after his father's grandfather Balis. Pronounced Bay-liss or Bay-less. I didn't like it at first but I've gotten used to it.
March 26th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Those native names are so unique. I love them!

I have been playing with it a lot. I think 2 middle names would be fitting, even though it's always a mouth full. I think a second middle name would balance it all out. Gannicus William is one I have warmed up to. But William is so average. I feel like it needs something unique. Lol

Ooo or Gannicus Ashur or Gannicus Barca or Gannicus Lugo or Gannicus Nasir or Gannicus Agron

Lol all names from the show but I feel like some of them work. Its nice to actually talk about it and think about what goes.

Last edited by hopeful_girl55; March 26th, 2014 at 01:06 PM. Reason: thought about new ones
March 26th, 2014, 12:59 PM
~*Tina*~
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeful_girl55 View Post
SO likes the name Spartacus too, but we live in Michigan and I will not have my child nicknames Sparty. Not. Happening.

hey why not!! nothing wrong with sparty!! (i went to msu )

7/12/13 @6w

March 26th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh no. I'm a Michigan girl. Didn't go there but a lot of my friends did I root for them all the way. Part of the reason I don't want him called Sparty and the other part is it sounds like a dog name to me. Which is what I told SO he can use it for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search