Sad day (m/c mentioned)

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2014, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy

April 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
So very sorry!! ((((((HUGS))))))
April 22nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
IamJessesGirl's Avatar Veteran
Oh I am so sorry!!!!Please post an update!

Me(32), DH (31), DD (9)
TTC #2 March 2014
<div align="center"> My Ovulation Chart">
My Ovulation Chart

April 23rd, 2014, 07:22 AM
HeavenlyJewel's Avatar Loving Wife and Mom
Hugs hunny any news?

Thank you Jaidynsmum for making my siggy!

April 23rd, 2014, 07:14 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are pretty sure that I lost the baby on April 2 when I had that bad "period." I didn't know it was a mc at the time but I remember thinking it was a super weird AF. It was longer (8 days) and I am still spotting at 22 days after. But it was also really (TMI) jelly like and kind of mucousy... does that sound like a mc to you that have experienced an early one?

I've still been charting because I didn't know I was even pregnant until the 16th and FF says I O'ed. Are temps and charts reliable when you still have HCG in your system? If FF is right, we tried this month without knowing that I'd just miscarried.

I expect AF any minute now. While it is really sad, I kinda want her to show because then it will help me to think that I won't need a D&C and will give me some hope that my body is getting back on track.

For those that have had mc, how long did your doctor tell you to wait to try again. I've seen everything under the sun from no need to wait at all to up to 6 months! My doctor said about 6 weeks after the miscarriage but I think as soon as AF shows, we will start trying again.

Thank you all for checking on me. It means a lot.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
April 23rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so sorry! I had a missed miscarriage many years ago. My body never responded and I had a d&c. I don't remember what the doc said about waiting, but we were there pregnant that next cycle after af came back. I guess some say the d&c wipes the slate clean and gives you a fresh start for a new baby. not sure how true that is, but our ds is now 6. Hugs!
April 25th, 2014, 05:21 AM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
Lurking I'm sorry for your loss I've gone through many miscarriages soi know how hard it is but as time passes it gets a lil easier and I'd wait at least a cycle ..good luck dear!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013

April 25th, 2014, 07:01 AM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you have another beta draw? If you lost a baby on April 2, I don't see how your tests would still be progressively getting darker almost two weeks later. I would request another draw. Good luck.

Girl (12), Boy (9), Boy (4), Boy (2)
Expecting Baby #5 Christmas Eve 2014 TEAM PINK!!

~Audrey Elizabeth~

April 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Veteran
When I had a chemical a few years ago I got a bright positive test and 2 days later started my "period" went to the doctor they did a urine and blood test both were negative and so I did an FRER at home the same day and it was def negative... So maybe there is still some hope for you.
April 26th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
It does look darker. I hope you get a great beta number when you go in.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

April 26th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Sunshine0918's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's all very weird. On April 2, I had a VERY long, heavy period and temps dropped to pre-O temps. Flow lasted 8 days. On April 9, I started taking ovulation tests and they were positive starting then and for 8 days after. I thought something was wrong so I took a pregnancy test. Positive. But I had JUST had that period starting 14 days before which I was still spotting from (actually I spotted until after the period ended until this one started). First beta draw was on 4/16 and was 359. Second beta was on 4/18 and was 129. My pregnancy tests never really got darker. They all stayed about the same until I got that one random dark one which was after the beta draw so I know my numbers were dropping. I think the test just had more dye or something. Since that day, they have faded to negative. Per FF, I O'ed this cycle on 4/13 and I started my AF on 4/24, right on time... This AF was painful at first and heavy but now is quite normal and actually almost gone after only 3 days.

Sooooo, I don't really know if I miscarried on 4/2 or on 4/24 but either way, I did. It sucks not knowing. I'm pretty much a medical mystery. Because I never missed a period and they all came right on time, I have no idea how far along I was or when I miscarried. Had it not been for the positive ovulation tests being dark for so long, I'd have never tested and never even known I was pregnant.

Part of me thinks I miscarried on 4/2 because that period was so long, heavy and just weird as far as consitancy. But the other part thinks I lost the baby around the time they drew the betas because I don't know how I would still have positive tests for that long after. And they've also told me it is possible that it was twins and I miscarried one on 4/2 (the reason for the "period") and the other on 4/24 (the reason for the tests staying positive and the second "period") Truth is, I'll never know. I wasn't far enough along for an ultrasound and they are really guessing. All they know is I was pregnant and now I am not.

Last Sunday was a hard day. It really hit me what happened and I had a hard time functioning. Since then, I've accepted it. I'm still sad. I still miss my baby. I still wish I was pregnant, but there isn't anything I can do to change it. I'm trying to find the positive in all this. #1. I DID get pregnant on my own. And I can do it again. #2. I didn't have to have a D&C. I know a lot of people who have had them and said they weren't bad but I was scared. #3. No one should ever have a miscarriage. They suck. But if it had to happen, I am glad I was early. I think it would have been much harder the further a long that I got.

Anyway, sorry for the novel. And thank you for the support. As we begin to try again, I will try and be more active on the board. I was really active here when we were trying to conceive my son and I made some great friends here. I hope to make some more.

Oh, I also got another beta draw on Thursday but don't know the results yet (their office was closed Friday so I imagine they will call Monday). My pregnancy test was negative on Thursday so I imagine it is nearing 0.

April 2014

My chart: My Ovulation Chart
April 26th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
so sorry hun! Miscarriages do suck. Take the time you need to heal. Hugs!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search