to BD or not to BD??

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Jbugs_Mommy
  • 1 Post By Jbugs_Mommy
  • 1 Post By andbabymakes6
  • 1 Post By Jbugs_Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2014, 06:09 PM
Super Mommy
sorry I've been posting a lot but it seem like now that our wedding is done I spend 1/2 of my time (or more) thinking of TTC//being pg//having a baby.

warning

DH and I have bd'd fri,sat & sun. we were going to take the night off tonight...he works evenings and doesn't get home until 10:30, an with me not feeling good I thought it would be a good idea. I've also heard that dtd too often close to O time decreases the quality of sperm. anyways...now I'm doing more reading and it is saying the more you BD during your fertile time, the more likely you are to get pg. (DUH!)

I just hate to not do it tonight at the possibility I COULD get pg off of tonights sperm. I mean, today is supposed to be one of my most fertile days so I don't want to waste it, but I also want DH to have good sperm...again and I'm sorry.

What are your opinions? Also my afternoon OPK today was still negative but was a bit darker than the others have been so I'm REALLY hoping to get a positive tomorrow! or maybe even Wednesday...if not I will be super bummed!
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
On cycle 4 of TTC #2

My Ovulation Chart
April 21st, 2014, 06:25 PM
wvufan67's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If your opk is not + yet i'd say it's fine to skip tonight.

April 21st, 2014, 06:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Renee360 Send a message via Yahoo to Renee360
Personally I would BD, because you never know how you will feel tomorrow. You could be feeling a whole lot better or a whole lot worse. In case you aren't able to BD tomorrow, at least you got one in tonight if you do BD.

Anyhow, I do hope you recovery quickly and you catch that egg this cycle!

[/URL]Renee
April 22nd, 2014, 04:43 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If you're really not feeling it, then I wouldn't. But if later tonight you feel like getting freaky, you should!

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

April 22nd, 2014, 06:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's a toss up. I would probably skip it, but if you're feeling worse tomorrow you might regret skipping it. As far as the sperm goes, BDing every day or multiple times a day can lower the sperm count *slightly* but the quality will be fine. Its not BD for a while and having a back up that can lower the quality. Well I mean that's at least when I read on my journeys with Dr Google.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
April 22nd, 2014, 06:36 AM
PrayingPink's Avatar Veteran
I would BD today. Even if its a quickie. Its true, what if you caught a stomach bug or something and you feel worse tomorrow? Get er done.

My Ovulation Chart

April 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
Super Mommy
I would try today...like the others said, it it's worse tomorrow, you might not want to even more and then you are one day closer to o. Good luck!
April 22nd, 2014, 01:50 PM
Super Mommy
thanks for all of your input, we didn't end up BD'ing last night. I was on board w/ it but DH got some news on his way home from work that one of his old patients that he really liked is really sick so he was really feeling down and not in the mood at all so we just skipped it. I got 2 more - OPKs today though, it shouldn't make much of a difference. I'm definitely feeling better so DH knows that it's on tonight! still keeping my fx I get at least 1 positive OPK tomorrow.
Libby22 likes this.
On cycle 4 of TTC #2

My Ovulation Chart
April 22nd, 2014, 02:10 PM
Super Mommy
Have fun bding. Fingers crossed you get the positive tomorrow!
Libby22 likes this.
April 22nd, 2014, 03:01 PM
Super Mommy
thank you!
On cycle 4 of TTC #2

My Ovulation Chart
April 22nd, 2014, 03:17 PM
Libby22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would bed, its better to bed before o day than on o day, they say 2days before o day theres a 15% chances of getting the egg and o day was only 5% chance.

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Calendar

Af came 4 July nz time
April 22nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
bella88's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know it's reeeeaaaaally early days to call it, but do you think you could have O'd on CD12? Looks like a bit of an O spike to me! I wouldn't advise you to stop BDing or anything just yet but I'd keep it in mind.

Just throwing it out there. I know everyone is different but I've never got a + OPK but O'd every cycle. It would start to darken up but would never get + and then they'd get lighter again and that was testing a couple of times a day.

Last edited by bella88; April 22nd, 2014 at 04:16 PM.
April 22nd, 2014, 04:17 PM
IamJessesGirl's Avatar Veteran
I would BD... I try to get DH to BD daily, lol....

Me(32), DH (31), DD (9)
TTC #2 March 2014
<div align="center"> My Ovulation Chart">
My Ovulation Chart

April 22nd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella88 View Post
I know it's reeeeaaaaally early days to call it, but do you think you could have O'd on CD12? Looks like a bit of an O spike to me! I wouldn't advise you to stop BDing or anything just yet but I'd keep it in mind.

Just throwing it out there. I know everyone is different but I've never got a + OPK but O'd every cycle. It would start to darken up but would never get + and then they'd get lighter again and that was testing a couple of times a day.

I was actually wondering about that too. actually when I got my temp Sunday I was curious with how low that was. I did put in my next two days of temps as being elevated just to see and FF gives my CH's on CD 12....now whether or not my temp will do that....I have no idea.

Last cycle I never got a + OPK either, now I only tested once a day and I had a day where it was pretty dark, but still not a + so who knows. def curious to see my temp tomorrow morning.
bella88 likes this.
On cycle 4 of TTC #2

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search