Advice please.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tmb231973

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2014, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I went to quick care on the 6th and they put me on meds for a uti then called 4 days later and said i had a bacterial infection so they changed me to Cipro and i've taken it since the 10th i take the last one tonight..i am still burning sometimes and itchy. so do you think it's a yeast infection or do i need to see a dr when we get home?

April 22nd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've had a yeast infection once 2 summers ago. It was more blistery and painful stinging than burning/itchy.

I would just call their office and ask. The nurse should at least be able to tell you if you are okay and that's just it still healing or if they want you to come in or call in a new prescription.

I've had SEVERAL UTI's.... especially after having my daughter. Pain in the... well you know. Drink lots of cranberry juice, take cranberry supplements and see what happens.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

April 22nd, 2014, 06:58 AM
~*Tina*~
hmmm im not sure, i dont have much experience with UTIs or YI. I would say call your doctor and tell them that it seems the meds didnt really take care of it.

7/12/13 @6w

April 22nd, 2014, 07:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every single time I get a UTI I get a yeast infection. Its like a double wammy and it sucks. I get them a lot too so I have learned what works for me. To help the natural way I take cranberry supplements, also AZO when I can feel one coming on, and eat lots of blueberries. Both berries are good for urinary tract health. Also for the yeast infection AZO (also the brand that has stuff to help with UTI) has a pill you can take to help naturally balance your yeast to healthy levels. And I asked my doctor and AZO is safe to take when TTC and pregnancy, according to her. You can take 3 a day when you have one or one a day to help prevent getting them.

But I would still call in and check. If it was a bacterial infection it could be something different than a yeast infection and need a certain antibiotic to help get rid of it. Bacterial infections are not something you want to let go especially when TTC. So definitely give them a call and tell them it's not getting any better. They may just need to change the kind of antibiotic.

**Thanks Lucy! Love my V-Day Blinkie**
April 22nd, 2014, 07:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I definitely will call them and see what they say.

April 22nd, 2014, 02:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I used to get UTI's all the time and they were DEATH for me. I was in tears. I cannot use over the counter stuff. It got to the point where the doc would just have refills lined up for me and I wouldn't even have to go in. After DS1, they went away. Fingers crossed they stay away. Anyway, I didn't have itching, just AWFUL urination. When I had yeast infections, I got itching and soreness down there. Also, antibiotics can give you yeast infections. So, the antibiotic you are taking for the UTI might have given you a yeast infection...you can try plain yogurt up there until you can see your doc.

April 22nd, 2014, 05:28 PM
When I get yeast infections I eat plain yogurt!
andbabymakes6 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search