clomid dosage.

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By valentinemommy
  • 1 Post By valentinemommy
  • 1 Post By aStarIsBorn

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Doc put me on 50 mg clomid last cycle. Blood was drawn 4 dpo cd 22 it was 14.4 he likes it at 16-18 so he increased it to 100 mg. Thoughts? Should I take it or is it too much?

May 9th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Super Mommy
I am assuming that you are talking about progesterone levels. If so, 4 dpo is a little early. Usually it is done at 7 dpo. So, personally, I think 14 is okay as it will rise each day and may (or may not) be between 16-18 by 7 dpo. I only had a 13.8 at 7 dpo, so I am actually jealous of your 14 at 4 dpo (LOL).
As for the clomid dose, I am not sure. My dr. has me on Femara. I don't change the dose based on progesterone levels, instead I do progesterone supplements. I hope someone else has a better answer for you.
BFP#1: 8/11, DS born sleeping at 19 weeks
BFP#2: 5/12, our rainbow, DS born 1/4/13
BFP#3: 11/13, missed miscarriage discovered at 10 weeks
BFP#4: 5/17, EDD 1/15/15, praying this is our second rainbow
May 10th, 2014, 06:56 AM
valentinemommy's Avatar aka GreenMomma
I agree with Erin, 14 seems pretty good for 4dpo. But I've never taken Clomid, so I can't really offer advice. I know you can only be on it for so many cycles though, so maybe he's just upping the dose just in case, trying to help you get pregnant more quickly? Only do what you're comfy with and don't be afraid to call and ask a million questions. You have every right to know exactly what is being done and why.

May 10th, 2014, 07:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. Lia you could be on to something. I'm just a nervous wreck

May 10th, 2014, 07:28 AM
Hopefully you won't have too many side effects this time around. Try to stay positive. I really think his plan will work for you. Isn't your tsh blood draw this month also? I'm excited to see how far you've come with that.

May 10th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks girl. Yes the 27th what would u do 50 or 100?

May 10th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Hard to say, with having no experience with it. I'd probably go ahead with the 100 and it has too many negative effects, go back down. If your tsh is good at the end of the month, I'd even consider an unmedicated cycle to see how you O. You may not need anything. That's just me though..and then again you may get your bfp this cycle anyway. Hope so! I've decided if af comes, I need a break. Runnin on fumes ya know? I think a NTNP cycle will be good for us. How are you guys holding up?
wvufan67 likes this.

May 10th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ntnp may be what you need. we're doing ok. Just struggling with what to do. I'm just a sad emotional wreck today. we're on the way to Oregon.

May 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I can understand completely. I've been on the fence about continuing to temp bc my lp looks like it's going to be short. You have much bigger decisions to make! Hopefully the road trip will be a nice distraction.
wvufan67 likes this.

May 10th, 2014, 07:39 PM
~*Tina*~
I would personally go with what your doctor says. He has a reason for doing it and maybe it's like what lia said - he wants to give you the best chance? I think it's not unreasonable. If the 100 mg is bad for you then go back to 50. I know it's smart to be informed and question your doctors reasons but they are the ones with the degrees so err on the side of what they say. Maybe he wants you to O earlier too? Not sure when you O'd (on my phone). Anyway, it's up to you whatever you feel comfortable with. But don't stress. If you go with 50 this month and it doesn't do enough, then you can do 100 next month!
wvufan67 likes this.

7/12/13 @6w

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search