Progesterone, BFP & Staying Pregnant?

Forum: Trying to Conceive

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By plainjane78
  • 1 Post By Kissthegirl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Regular
My last cycle started on June 6, 2014 and I think I ovulated around June 21, got my BFP on July 11th. I am mid thirties and have a history of early miscarriages. TTC #1 for a LONG time now.

After my BFP on 7/11, I tested the next afternoon (7/12) on a dreaded blue dye line (not cross type) and got a really light line. I haven't tested since then more out of fear of dissapointment again, and my period hasn't started. I have been using natural "ProGest" progesterone cream since my BFP in an attempt to try to maintain the pregnancy.

I am on CD37, my cycles have NEVER gone past 33 days (even with previous BFPs), so this cycle is for sure different.

The strange thing is that I have had only minuscule cramps and no bb soreness, no symptoms, no food aversions (other than grease in fried food), virtually nothing had changed regarding the way I physically feel, and I am seriously concerned that my body is playing mean tricks on me.

My question is about progesterone; does it help 'keep' a pregnancy even if it is not viable? Reason is I still keep using it to help it along but I'm worried I might be doing more harm than good.

I did see my doctor on July 12, got an extensive external exam and she had my body temp at 99.2 degrees F and said that all signs pointed to having in fact, conceived. I had a tiny amount during the exam of what felt like muscle tenderness when she was putting light pressure in the area over my right ovary, but no spotting, no bleeding, no nothing.

I cannot see the OBGYN until I am 10 weeks here, so I have quite a long time to wait to see anything on ultrasound.

The link to my BFP test from July 11th is below:

Pregnancy Test Gallery - Image #291149 | Countdown to Pregnancy

I feel like I am in a suspended state of not really feeling pregnant, and terrified of dissapointment again.

So would using prosterone cream prolong a non-viable pregnancy? Wouldn't I start bleeding if my body was going to miscarry? Has anyone had a pregnancy where they felt nothing?

I am seriously worried as all heck, please help. Thank you for your time!!
July 15th, 2014, 01:53 PM
Regular
bumping please!
July 15th, 2014, 01:57 PM
plainjane78's Avatar Veteran
That test looks like a BFP to me!

Just want to wish you luck. I know nothing about progesterone cream.

I got a very faint line this morning. I'm at CD 26, typically I get my period at 28 days.

I have NO symptoms except that line (I posted further down if you want to have a peak)

I m/c in May, I was 7w4d. Had a regular cycle and now this faint line.

Keep us posted! But I say BFP for you
hopeful_girl55 likes this.
July 15th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Regular
plainjane, thank you for replying, bumping again for more replies!
July 15th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Kissthegirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
hey hun, your test definitely looks positive!!

Feeling nothing is totally normal right now! I didn't feel anything when I found out, and then at 5 weeks I started getting nausea and sore boobs. Now I have to pee a lot, and I have a lot of syms! I know 10 weeks feels like it's forever away, but I wanted to say congrats! Come over and join the March DDC!!

P.S. You said that you got a positive test on the 11th, and went to your dr office on the 12th. Did they draw blood and check your Hcg level to confirm? If so, they would have checked your progesterone as well...
Faith=2xBlessed likes this.

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

July 15th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Regular
Thank you for replying!

In answer to your question, my GP said during my appointment that she didn't want to 'poke around' inside due to my history of early miscarriages. She did not order bloodwork, she just confirmed by my temp and my bfp test that I brought with me. She spent 2 HOURS with me! It was amazing, she checked everything, thyroid, etc. and gave me guidelines to go by until my 10 week appointment.

My husband's insurance takes over from here on out and I am able to see the OBGYN at the 10 week mark. So basically I am in limbo until 5 weeks from now roughly.

Do any of you guys know about progesterone keeping a non-viable pregnancy going? Wouldn't I start to bleed already despite taking the cream if I was miscarrying?

I am just worried. Worried. Worried. Worried.
July 15th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Regular
bumping, please reply about the progesterone questions!!
July 15th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Faith=2xBlessed's Avatar PrettyCrispy Scrunchy Mom
First of all congratulations as far as the progesterone goes.. No I don't Think that the progesterone will cause more harm than good I took it with my pregnancy with my twins Bc my progesterone was a tad low.. I bet that if I had taken it with my other pregnancies things would of turned out differently but who knows! If it were me I would keep taking it but that's me I think you should ask doc about it! I hope thins turn out great.. Good luck!

Layla Marie & Savannah Rose born on December 19th 2013
* After heartbreak and tears, and many fears my two blessings are here*

July 17th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Could you at least call and ask your doc that you just saw for blood work to alleviate your fears. I am not sure about the progesterone at all, sorry. I would just call the doc and say you would like to have Betas drawn My doc automatically does after you are a week late. I have asked docs for tests a lot and none have turned me down. If they do, I would look for another doc. Congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search